What video game consoles have you had in the past and do you have at this time

Nintendo
SNES
gameboy
PS2
XBOX

I'm going to buy an XBOX360 this week simply to play GTA 4. (GTA Vice City was also the only reason I bought a PS2. Because I played the PS2, my gf bought me the XBOX.)

Nintendo

I'm going to buy an XBOX360 this week simply to play GTA 4.
i advise you to buy the ps3, heres a few reasons why

1.blueray
2.wireless internet adapter built in
3 bluetooth capabilities
4.free online
5.xbox is for pansies

...and gta4 is sick

i advise you to buy the ps3, heres a few reasons why

1.blueray
2.wireless internet adapter built in
3 bluetooth capabilities
4.free online
5.xbox is for pansies

...and gta4 is sick

All of those reasons don't mean much to me, honestly, but I am curious as to which would be better to buy. I'm familair with a lot of the PS3/XBOX fanboi arguments.

What I play: GTA, sports (football, hockey, baseball). That's about it. Online, blue-schmoo = not that interesting, honestly. Just want ease of use, best experience playing GTA and sports.

It may be dated, but for the XBOX/PS question, I bought the PS2 only to play GTA: Vice City. After I was givien the XBOX, I pretty much exclusively played on that. If I did that for PS2/XBOX, is that still prolly the case for PS3/XBOX360?

All of those reasons don't mean much to me, honestly, but I am curious as to which would be better to buy. I'm familair with a lot of the PS3/XBOX fanboi arguments.

What I play: GTA, sports (football, hockey, baseball). That's about it. Online, blue-schmoo = not that interesting, honestly. Just want ease of use, best experience playing GTA and sports.
just to clarify you do know bluray monopolized the HDDVD market(actually HDDVD is a brand like the obsolete betamax) A bluray dvd player is the same price as a PS3 so keep that in mind too.

...and online play is where its at in the gaming industry. Its all about online, even if you dont choose to play online, theres updates and expansion packs for games(new stages or updated rosters in sporting games)...XBOX has a monthly fee of 50$...ps3=free:toast:

If you dont care about all that they are pretty similiar....but the wireless controllers for PS3 would be the kicker for me if all else isnt important. I never knew how annoying wired controllers were until the wireless.

just to clarify you do know bluray monopolized the HDDVD market(actually HDDVD is a brand like the obsolete betamax) A bluray dvd player is the same price as a PS3 so keep that in mind too.

...and online play is where its at in the gaming industry. Its all about online, even if you dont choose to play online, theres updates and expansion packs for games(new stages or updated rosters in sporting games)...XBOX has a monthly fee of 50$...ps3=free:toast:

If you dont care about all that they are pretty similiar....but the wireless controllers for PS3 would be the kicker for me if all else isnt important. I never knew how annoying wired controllers were until the wireless.

Maybe I'm a cack, but the $ is of less importance that simply having a good time. If I want a blu-ray player, I'll buy one. I want to just play GTA 4 in the best possible way. I hear you regarding on-line play, but IMO it's mostly 15 year-olds who have mastered every possible god damned thing without a single modicum of fair play instinct. Kinda kills the fun for a general Joe who just wants to kill some time and have fun.

here's the deal bro: I've enough cash to get what I want, but I'm not a connoisseur. I have enough talent gaming-wise to have beaten GTA: San Andreas w/o cheats. I'ma play pretty much nothing more than GTA4 and then Madden, NCAA, NHL, and maybe NBA. 360 or PS3 seems pretty much either one, right? Is there a preference I should know about?

? Is there a preference I should know about?
less than 2% returns on ps3(for malfunctions)
xbox is through the roof somewhere about 1 outta 3 from the latest article i read about it. Theyve also fixed some bugs though so that should drop.

As far as graphics and gameplay, ive played both systems for GTA4 and they're exactly the same.

*the ps1 ps2 and ps3 have the same comfortable(to me) controller mold. Its nice having the same button layout year after year. I get confused a little when trying to figure out new contrrollers.

I don't know if you enjoy Japanese roll playing games, but I don't think you'll find any for the Xbot. Additionally, as stated, the quality assurance is superior on the PS3, and why support Microsoft anyway? :D Most of the Windows releases weren't finished products, so how do you expect the Xbox to be one?

Software upgrades via the 'net ensure a constant current gaming machine for the PS3 along with Blu-ray drivers upgrades. :thumb:

I have the newer version of XBox 360. No bugs. Supposed to have cured the 3 rings of death ills.

My controllers are wireless so I'm not sure where Mayhem is coming from.

I don't play online either. Mostly Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6 type. Although my wife got me Madden and this game Oblivion I've been trying. Role-playing type game that seems like it will take forever to complete.

I have the newer version of XBox 360. No bugs. Supposed to have cured the 3 rings of death ills.

I don't play online either. Mostly Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6 type. Although my wife got me Madden and this game Oblivion I've been trying. Role-playing type game that seems like it will take forever to complete.

I've been playing Oblivion for over a year. Not continuously.I know of some people having over 700 hours into it. Most JRPG have a deeper story line and draw you in. Oblivion is a western RPG - but one of the better ones. I played 2 of the 3 titles that came before it on a PC. Very addictive and time burning though. :thumb:

I've never played on line and probably never will. FPS are okay, but just get very repetitive.

I can see about your 700 hrs.

That seems like just scratching the surface.

Half the problem is I don't really have a clue what to do some times...

Nevertheless its fun. I assume JRPG=Japanese role playing game? Versus western RPG.

But what is FPS? I'm not down on the lingo and don't have a teen yet to bounce it off of.

Still old hat in this house!! We have PS2.

In the past I have owned N64 and Sega Genesis. We bought the baby a V-Smile. I guess that's pretty current!! :shrug:

At the beginning of the original home gaming boom, while my friends either had the 2600 or ColecoVision, we had an Odyssey2. The main seeling point was the keyboard that was built into the console, which did serve a purpose, especially when we got the Voice! adaptor for it and we could make the thing swear.

In my 20's I went and got a Sega Genesis, mainly for the fact that the graphics were pretty sweet compared to the SNES, and the sports games played more true to life. Right now for any gaming, I use the PC. I've fiddled around with PS and XBOX, and they are fine systems. I just prefer my PC right now.

oops, yeah. The xbox360 i play on has wired headsets to the controllers, but the controllers are wireless. For games like Rainbow6 a headset is cool. On the PS3 i use bluetooth, not available on XBOX360.

* on another note::bang:Socom4 is ps3 exclusive coming out september. The stages are 95% destructable. cant wait to throw a grenade.

Back