Why the bleep did we go for it?

patsin??

Vengence Tour '09
Reaction score
Was it lack of faith in Gostowski? Arrogance from Bill? It's easy to pick out plays to dwell on, but this was a no brainer to me. It's in a dome, Gost has been reliable enough, and its fourth and 13!! not 4th and 1!!! In Bill We trust, but not there. Man i am so pissed off right now. I cannot believe it

I was cussing up a storm when we didn't kick the FG.... WTF !!!

That was definately the WTF moment of the game.

It was a 49 yarder, that is fairly routine for a kicker, in a dome. That, along with some others blew us our chance at winning

When the play was happening I did think WTF. And the first thing that popped in my mind was that they have no confidence in Gostkowski.

I'd have been equally as happy with a punt. Truly a bad coaching decision there. Arrogant and silly to say the least. But it is what it is. The season is over.

Belichick fukked the pooch on that one.......... Can';t for the life of me figure that call out. STUPID!

That call will haunt me for the rest of my life...

Who the **** goes for it on 4th and 13 unless they desperately need the points? Did BB think Eli was about to break his shell and put up 21 points? We had the lead, we had a two-possession lead with the kick and we blew it. Take the points, there's no doubt that it cost us in the end!

I laughed at Schottenheimer for going for it last year on 4th & 11 instead of kicking the 47 yarder in last year's divisional round game. This year, I was truly dumbfounded by BB's decision, especially given Gostowski's distance on his kickoffs.

WTF?

Wandering Athol on 02-04-2008 at 02:31 AM said:
This year, I was truly dumbfounded by BB's decision, especially given Gostowski's distance on his kickoffs.
Well don't forget he did kick one out of bounds, but most of them were pretty good. He should have kicked it...

Wandering Athol on 02-04-2008 at 02:31 AM said:
I laughed at Schottenheimer for going for it last year on 4th & 11 instead of kicking the 47 yarder in last year's divisional round game. This year, I was truly dumbfounded by BB's decision, especially given Gostowski's distance on his kickoffs.

WTF?

Something tells me it was BB exhibiting his fine interpersonal skills in an effort to "punish" Gostowski for blowing the earlier kick. Glad he was able to put Gostowski in his place -- looks like it worked out well for all involved.

Your Kicker his in Indy with 4 SB rings :)

49 yarder was probably 50-50 chance..everyone is talking like it was a given..it certainly was not....

I didn't have a problem not kicking the FG, my problem was with the play call, it never had a chance, bad throw by Brady.

There was still a lot of football to be played after.

Back