Will Belichick part ways or return to Patriots?

Will Belichick part ways or return to Patriots?

• Belichick will part ways

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Belichick will return

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters
Bill's camp. Who else do you think benefits from that leak trying to make Mayo look bad in front of Kraft?

Kraft (to the fans) if he has no intention of picking Mayo as his HC for '24?
BOB if he wants to be the next HC?
Matt Groh if he wants to be the next GM and pick the next HC?
The media writer who made that shit up for clicks?

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

"The only personnel deficiency was quarterback…"

To write that shows an ignorance not often seen around these parts often.

To repost it is worse.
Yeah, I don’t agree with that part either…no drafting tackles and signing garbage WR’s, but, Babooshka forcing BB to draft Mac Anxiety Attack, I actually could see that. Similar to Babooshka forcing BB to trade away JimmyG because Brady felt threatened by him.

Turmoil with offensive coaching staff. Hoping to keep Patricia as OC (wtf, lol). BB faking the search for OC. Overruling BoB on bringing in his own staff over his own guys. Cheapening out on the OL and skill players.

This is why Bill can't stay even with someone else at GM. It won't work. Bill is too set in his ways and will sabotage any decision made by others.

So Kraft meddled enough to make BB hire Bill O'Brien. But sat on his hands while BB hamstrung O'Brien? The story sounds like a steaming pile of BS to me. Kraft would have fired BB in the spring if he truly showed that much contempt for Kraft's authority.

The story sounds more like CYA by O'Brien for making the Offense worse than last year.

Yea, the hit piece on Mayo from last week was certainly a Belichick source.

The hit piece on BB's most likely successor from a "team source" last week. And a story yesterday blaming BB for "holding O'Brien back". One story making excuses for O'Brien. The other story trying to denegrate O'Brien's main competition for a promotion to HC of the NEP. O'Brien's camp seems like a more likely source to me.

The only logical conclusion is for Belichick and Mayo to settle this in a bareknuckle steel cage match to the death, live on PPV.

I personally would never, ever buy that PPV ticket for an event like that.... I'm too cheap, I'd mooch off my friend and go watch it there. I know who I'm putting my money on tho!

Last edited:
The hit piece on BB's most likely successor from a "team source" last week. And a story yesterday blaming BB for "holding O'Brien back". One story making excuses for O'Brien. The other story trying to denegrate O'Brien's main competition for a promotion to HC of the NEP. O'Brien's camp seems like a more likely source to me.
That's an interesting angle that I did not consider. I suppose it's plausible.

So Kraft meddled enough to make BB hire Bill O'Brien. But sat on his hands while BB hamstrung O'Brien? The story sounds like a steaming pile of BS to me. Kraft would have fired BB in the spring if he truly showed that much contempt for Kraft's authority.

The story sounds more like CYA by O'Brien for making the Offense worse than last year.
You think the confrontation between Klemm and Groh is also made up?

Thanks for the copy/paste, DI.

I was right about it being bullshit but I didn't realize this was a total hatchet job, not just on Belichick but also on Kraft, the coaching staff and the FO.

Everyone and their brother knew BB wanted BOB for the '22 season but he was contractually obligated to Saban for '22 and Saban wanted to keep him.
We also knew he would be free to join the Patriots for '23. For the authors to claim hiring BOB was Kraft's idea and not Belichick's idea is strike 1 against the authors for me.

Claiming BB "preferred to keep Patricia" is completely false. Everyone - the fans, the media, the Alabama media, the Alabama coaching staff, the Alabama fans and RKK himself - already knew BOB and BB had agreed in principle for BOB to become OCC for the Patriots long before he left Alabama. That's strike 2.

Then in the very next paragraph, the authors state:

Yeah, no shit Sherlock. BOB as OCC had already been prearranged and everybody knew it. He just wanted to make certain he wouldn't be offered a HC job somewhere. Strike 3.

I went ahead and read some more of this bs anyway. The authors picked some easy fruit by pointing out the OL, Mac's panicking, Juju and Klemm. That's not new so they get no credit there.

But I did see another obvious contradiction:

After writing previously

So which was it? "Players spoke glowingly of O'Brien" or "This was messed up from the beginning"?

I couldn't read any more. They struck out on 3 straight pitches.
Do you have any evidence for all those "everyone knew" statements?

I remember the Bill supporters coming up with the theory that selecting Patricia was a genius plan by Bill to wait out BoB's contract in ALA. Obviously, because everything Bill does is a genius move, like going 4-12 to secure a top 5 pick and select the QB of the future. The worse Pats season in his career and since 1992 was a brilliant plan. Nothing to see here.

Watch how much pro-BB dirt gets dropped to the media within a week of him being fired (if that’s what happens on Monday). It’ll keep Patriots message boards active throughout the offseason.
Yea, I don't like gossip but I love to hear it. Honestly, reading about the internal turmoils inside Gillette is the most fun I've had all season. What an atrocious boring team Bill put together. Just fucking the worse.

View attachment 24206

This is football talk.
This is a fricking soap opera. All we know is that the seaosn didn't go well, and that no one executed very well at all. All this talk is people telling each other is what BB/Kraft etc was thinking, what their motives were, what their ulterior motives were, all of which is supported by articles by media hacks whose only goal is to get clicks.

Fine, and it keeps the site alive until the combine.

This is a fricking soap opera. All we know is that the seaosn didn't go well, and that no one executed very well at all. All this talk is people telling each other is what BB/Kraft etc was thinking, what their motives were, what their ulterior motives were, all of which is supported by articles by media hacks whose only goal is to get clicks.

Fine, and it keeps the site alive until the combine.
What I mean is we see this:

Robert Kraft's disappointment level described as "extreme"

and assume that means he is going to do something extreme. But he didn't get to be a billionaire by reacting this way. And why would he not be extremely didappointed?????

It's like back when he said, "This is the most money I have ever spent as owner of the Patriots." and people went bonkers because that HAD to be a negative when all we know is the fact. He spend more money than ever. Yeah. he did. That's an observation. Not a judgement.

....meh....you know

What I mean is we see this:

Robert Kraft's disappointment level described as "extreme"

and assume that means he is going to do something extreme. But he didn't get to be a billionaire by reacting this way. And why would he not be extremely didappointed?????

It's like back when he said, "This is the most money I have ever spent as owner of the Patriots." and people went bonkers because that HAD to be a negative when all we know is the fact. He spend more money than ever. Yeah. he did. That's an observation. Not a judgement.

....meh....you know
???

Kraft has been more than patient. We are talking about a league where coaches get the door in one season.

Back