Will Belichick part ways or return to Patriots?

Will Belichick part ways or return to Patriots?

• Belichick will part ways

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Belichick will return

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters

PatriotsFan1980

I am a female so stop assuming that I am a male!
Reaction score
It is just 2 more weeks until we find out the rumor of Belichick and Patriots parting ways are true or not

What do you think it will happen? I added a poll

I say yes, he will be back. He can state his case and I think the Krafts can see he still has the players respect and they are still biting a gut for him. The Krafts should also look at how a player like Barmore is coming along, Bill is doing what he has done frequently with defensive talent, he turns into All Pros. They will likely demand though he takes a sideline on offensive drafting and FA etc, i.e. hand the reins to a GM.

I was going to vote but will save it for the thread i start on this :coffee:

joking aside, might not happen immediately after the last game, and if BB were To win these last two games who knows if the narrative changes (but i would expect an ‘understanding’ on draft picks with someone in a GM-but-we-don’t-call-them-that role)

Right now, every outcome still appears to be on the table — with Belichick returning in 2024 or him and the Patriots mutually parting ways as the most likely outcomes.
Whatever happens in the coming weeks, as for this one Belichick is sending a clear message: his job is to prepare for the Jets, and that’s what he is going to do.
“I’m committed to the team that I’m coaching right now, the players that are here,” Belichick said. “They deserve my best every day and that’s what I’m going to give them.”

View: https://twitter.com/mikekadlick/status/1742166505280659695

Turmoil with offensive coaching staff. Hoping to keep Patricia as OC (wtf, lol). BB faking the search for OC. Overruling BoB on bringing in his own staff over his own guys. Cheapening out on the OL and skill players.

This is why Bill can't stay even with someone else at GM. It won't work. Bill is too set in his ways and will sabotage any decision made by others.

Turmoil with offensive coaching staff. Hoping to keep Patricia as OC (wtf, lol). BB faking the search for OC. Overruling BoB on bringing in his own staff over his own guys. Cheapening out on the OL and skill players.

This is why Bill can't stay even with someone else at GM. It won't work. Bill is too set in his ways and will sabotage any decision made by others.

Paywall. Please copy/paste. From what you wrote, it seems like bullshit.

Nothing personal but I'm not interested in it. It's from the Herald and I won't support them or read their articles. Fuck them for hiring John Tomase! And fuck him too!

Paywall. Please copy/paste. From what you wrote, it seems like bullshit.
Couldn't get past paywall either but listened to audio version once I put the link in private tab of my browser. There's a lot of damning information of a dysfunctional FO and locker room. The timing of the article a week after the hit job on Mayo says it all. Here are some excerpts:

A year ago, such disaster caused Kraft to push for coaching changes, which led to the re-hiring of ex-Patriots assistant Bill O’Brien last January. Belichick, according to sources, preferred to keep Patricia and grow together. Instead, Belichick relented, and O’Brien returned as offensive coordinator.

The Herald could not confirm whether O’Brien wanted to remake the offensive staff, but O’Brien’s frustration with the wide receivers and offensive line coaches began bubbling as soon as the late spring. Both position groups feature underdeveloped high draft picks and rank among the league’s worst units. Klemm oversaw the offensive line until he took a health-related leave of absence in late October, while Douglas and longtime receivers coach Troy Brown handled the wideouts.

Members of the front office shared O’Brien’s frustration with the lack of development as the season wore on.

“It’s just a lot of bad s—,” another team source said. “Bad coaching.”

In the season opener, a banged-up offense started late-round rookies Sidy Sow and Atonio Mafi at guard and swing tackle Calvin Anderson. All three arrived that offseason because Belichick and Groh believed the best available tackles in free agency and the draft had been overrated, according to one source. Instead of investing significant money or a high draft pick in a proven starter, they opted for veteran discounts in Anderson and 34-year-old Riley Reiff and three late-round rookies.

Brown also opened up about changes Belichick had installed after setting the agenda for the offensive line room in Klemm’s absence. With Klemm out, the patchwork offensive line was now practicing Scarnecchia’s techniques and drills instead of those he had taught.

“I think that has to do a bit with people being set in their ways,” Brown told the Herald in December. “I think Klemm brings more of a new-age (approach).”

Jones blew up on position coach Mike Pellegrino at halftime for not starting.
Belichick cut Jones a day later.

By the time Bailey Zappe made his first start in December, the internal consensus was he hadn’t beaten Jones out so much as waited him out.

The malcontents need to be shown the door. I love the quote of Julius Caesar too.

You’re acting as if Bill doesn’t do a bang-up job of leaking his own side, which almost always puts him in the better light. The man has his own sources as well.

At the end of the day, the buck stops with him. You can’t reap the rewards when you’re successful but skirt criticism when you aren’t. Especially if you’re a man in his position who serves as both the GM and the HC.

The reason I am now hesitant to let Bill go is the defense has played lights out all year long in my opinion with a couple of outliers that are driven more by the offensive struggles. What coach is going to come in and have the same impact or better? To me, with a young QB (which this defense might actually fuck the Pats over from possibly getting without burning assets) needs a lights out defense to help him and the offense along.

If I am Kraft I would want to know what his plans are for the draft, and to me...if Kraft has or will be waiting until Monday..then he is not doing his job responsibly. If you have a coach that you plan to fire on Monday, you do not let him make a decisions in his final game to set your franchise back. Make no mistake, if they win and somehow fall to 5, you are setting the franchise back because you will have mismanaged all of the assets.

Back