WTF Cold play won best rock album of the year.

king of kings

Grammar offender
Reaction score
How the :cuss: did Coldplay win best Rock Alumb of the year . they beat out
Best Rock Album
(Vocal or Instrumental. Includes Hard Rock and Metal.)

Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
Coldplay
Rock N Roll Jesus
Kid Rock
Only By The Night
Kings Of Leon
Death Magnetic
Metallica
Consolers Of The Lonely
The Raconteurs
one Coldplay is not Rock muisc and not freaking way :banghead: should they have won over Metallica or Kid rock.

I know I just posted about it in Last one. It is a sham and so are they. Every song has the same three chords and time signature.

So who decides ROCK Andy Williams and Neil Diamond? Jeez.

...and this is why I never watch the Grammys.

Yeah I hear that. I was enjoying it OK for awhile until the Jonas Bros and Coldplay fiascos. Bet Blink 182 could hardly contain their contempt when they announced it.

Viva la Vida is an incredible piece of work. I could listen to it over and over and over (Matter of fact I have at times- Yes, that's how I know I'm Gay). Rock and Roll Jesus is also a very kickass CD.

That being said- it isn't rock. But seriously- has anyone even given validity to these awards shows ever since Metallica got jobbed by Jethro friggin Tull?!?!?!!? It's a sham and everyone knows it.

Cold Play is no way is hell Rock Music. This was compete and total BS and a slap in the face to bands that play real Rock Music.

Viva la Vida is an incredible piece of work. I could listen to it over and over and over (Matter of fact I have at times- Yes, that's how I know I'm Gay). Rock and Roll Jesus is also a very kickass CD.

That being said- it isn't rock. But seriously- has anyone even given validity to these awards shows ever since Metallica got jobbed by Jethro friggin Tull?!?!?!!? It's a sham and everyone knows it.

I was thinking of the Tull award too. I had hoped theyt learned a lesson from it but whoever decides these things they need to get some REAL rock bands involved.:)

Yeah I hear that. I was enjoying it OK for awhile until the Jonas Bros and Coldplay fiascos. Bet Blink 182 could hardly contain their contempt when they announced it.

Well this, and the one year that I did watch it, I saw way too much of Lars Ulrich's butt crack, and it is still burned into my memory. :banghead:

This is a song from the album that cold play won best rock album with.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3mYc1m3lsM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3mYc1m3lsM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Agreed. I'm not a huge Coldplay fan, but I am a big fan of Viva la Vida. Cemeteries of London is a great song to play on acoustic.

And agreed, it's not true rock. It's kind of in a grey area, but less than rock.

Agreed. I'm not a huge Coldplay fan, but I am a big fan of Viva la Vida. Cemeteries of London is a great song to play on acoustic.

And agreed, it's not true rock. It's kind of in a grey area, but less than rock.

I still want toknow how the they beart Metalica who came out with one of there best album in years. I think a fix was on .

I just going to say this If Cold Play is Rock Music Then disturbed is pop Music.

How the :cuss: did Coldplay win best Rock Alumb of the year . they beat out
Best Rock Album
(Vocal or Instrumental. Includes Hard Rock and Metal.)

Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
Coldplay
Rock N Roll Jesus
Kid Rock
Only By The Night
Kings Of Leon
Death Magnetic
Metallica
Consolers Of The Lonely
The Raconteurs
one Coldplay is not Rock muisc and not freaking way :banghead: should they have won over Metallica

Joe Satriani says hello...:archive:

Not intended to stray too far off this thread but did anyone catch that last jam session? I knew BB, Mayer and Keith Urban but who was the fourth guitarist? Tip of my tongue but I can't put a name to him. My favorite performance of the night so far.

I know I just posted about it in Last one. It is a sham and so are they. Every song has the same three chords and time signature.

So who decides ROCK Andy Williams and Neil Diamond? Jeez.

Neil Diamond kicks ass... take that back.

jks.

I do like him though.

Not intended to stray too far off this thread but did anyone catch that last jam session? I knew BB, Mayer and Keith Urban but who was the fourth guitarist? Tip of my tongue but I can't put a name to him. My favorite performance of the night so far.

John Mayer

Back