You know what I hate about Madden?

He's listed as a TE on the practice squad last I checked. No idea why they add these players to the roster, though.

Because you have to have the FB position filled on the roster in the game. The game is not bad guys. I actually kinda liked it. I think its actually one of the best of that series I have played.

I don't like it because my defense dropped literally 7 picks the other day against the Steelers, and the Steelers ran back a blatant non-fumble back for a TD that I tried to challenge and for some ungodly reason it wouldn't let me.

I don't like it because my defense dropped literally 7 picks the other day against the Steelers, and the Steelers ran back a blatant non-fumble back for a TD that I tried to challenge and for some ungodly reason it wouldn't let me.

Did you look at replay? Cause that will remove you being able to challange. Also Corners do not really defend like real life in that, if they did not drop this picks, your defense would have about 7 a game. Passes are thrown to well most of the time is why that happens. MOst of the time if a receiver is covered in real life the ball is not accurate enough for the DB to get his hands on it. You can adjust the int sliders and I promise you, if you really want, you can get 20 ints a game.

I actually don't mind the game. There's a lot of inaccuracy in terms of real life and the game, but it has to be expected. Other than that, I like that I can actually run the ball with the Pats this year. Years prior, no matter what I did, unless it was a draw with Woodhead, I would get nowhere. Now I can actually play power football and get somewhere.

I don't like the playbook as much as last years, but the graphics and animations are much better. Now there are better tackle animations and several different scenarios that can happy any given animation if that makes any sense. I remember last year, you could dictate what the player would do by a certain animation it did. It all seemed canned... this year there is a bit more variety.

Despite not being able to generate pressure consistently, I seem to do fine defending, which is a pleasant surprise. Also speed isn't as big a factor as it was before. What I mean is that I used to have to replace Bodden, which was rated in the 80s for Wilhite (who was like 64) just because Wilhite had 94 speed and Bodden had low 80s.

The only problem I have with the game is sometimes you'll have the defenders taking poor angles on the man/ball. You'll see the DB literally running next to the ball carrier for a good 5 yards before tackling. Otherwise, I've enjoyed playing with the Pats and being able to run the ball successfully with S.Ridley.

Did you look at replay? Cause that will remove you being able to challange. Also Corners do not really defend like real life in that, if they did not drop this picks, your defense would have about 7 a game. Passes are thrown to well most of the time is why that happens. MOst of the time if a receiver is covered in real life the ball is not accurate enough for the DB to get his hands on it. You can adjust the int sliders and I promise you, if you really want, you can get 20 ints a game.
No, I hit L2 when it asked if I wanted to challenge, that didn't work so I hit start to go challenge it, and the option wasn't there. So I called timeout, and tried to challenge it, still no gas -_-

Also I hate not being able to exploit mismatches. If I'm lobbing it up to Gronk in the corner of the endzone being single covered by the 2nd string LB, he shouldn't be trying to freaking over-the-shoulder catch the ball when the defender is clearly going after it the way a jump ball should be gone after. That's my peeve, you can't turn your receivers around as you can the defenders to cut them off when you inevitably throw an underthrown ball on a go route (apparently Brady is the worst at throwing at go routes in NFL history).

I don't like how the ratings for certain RBs are so damn high, but when you play them it's mostly their OL that makes them so beastly. Most of the time my safety is getting blocked 15 yards down the field by the time the RB gets the football. WTF.

I traded Brady for the 1st overall pick and drafted a lefty QB who wears 15. Conference Championship game in 1st season, I lost to Denver.

it's a video game, things like that happen .. stop getting so emotional over it

ps : this is the BEST madden in quite some time

The only time i've had a recent Madden worth playing was fantasy draft before Vick was highly rated. 1st pick Peterson, next 10 on o line and front 7 + late pick of Vick resulting in unstoppable running and multiple sacks a game with Clay, Cushing, Peppers and Dunlap
Never the less, drafting is incredibly easy so within a year rookies replace nearly every position and you get a team which is practically unbeatable.

I think that was 10, i haven't got 11 or 12 even though i could have got them for free.
If you want a sports game, NBA 12k is the undisputed king

MLB: The Show says hi. The only thing missing is a Red Sox drinking minigame.

it's a video game, things like that happen .. stop getting so emotional over it

ps : this is the BEST madden in quite some time
Don't you ****ing call me emotional, guy

The only time i've had a recent Madden worth playing was fantasy draft before Vick was highly rated. 1st pick Peterson, next 10 on o line and front 7 + late pick of Vick resulting in unstoppable running and multiple sacks a game with Clay, Cushing, Peppers and Dunlap
Never the less, drafting is incredibly easy so within a year rookies replace nearly every position and you get a team which is practically unbeatable.

I think that was 10, i haven't got 11 or 12 even though i could have got them for free.
If you want a sports game, NBA 12k is the undisputed king

I actually found NBA 2k12 to be terrible. The passing ruins the game, and there are still many flaws with the gameplay. I bought it when it came out, and sold on craigslist last month. I'm boycotting the game until they add more controlled passing mechanics (it's infuriating when you have a tall player right under the basket and instead of a hard pass or a bounce pass, it does the useless overhead pass and gets easily tipped / intercepted) and better myplayer mode.
Posted via Mobile Device

I actually found NBA 2k12 to be terrible. The passing ruins the game, and there are still many flaws with the gameplay. I bought it when it came out, and sold on craigslist last month. I'm boycotting the game until they add more controlled passing mechanics (it's infuriating when you have a tall player right under the basket and instead of a hard pass or a bounce pass, it does the useless overhead pass and gets easily tipped / intercepted) and better myplayer mode.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know what you mean about the passing, it can be frustrating to turn the ball over like that and it always feels as if you really do not have the control you should have, but it is still the best basketball game out there to me, I just turn a few sliders to get the right kind of realism to my game and it works out fine.

Yeah, it is, but to me it was actually a downgrade from last year.

I mostly play myplayer mode, so I can't attest to gameplay of controlling all five guys. But I've adjusted sliders and restarted my player... I then restarted again with the patches, and I still get the same result. Last year playing PG, I averaged 2.5 turnovers a game. It bugged me, but it was respectable. This year, I averaged a lot less assists and almost 4 turnovers a game. I don't mind turning the ball over unless I feel I made a good decision, but I was copped out by a stupid animation. It isn't fun, at least to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, it is, but to me it was actually a downgrade from last year.

I mostly play myplayer mode, so I can't attest to gameplay of controlling all five guys. But I've adjusted sliders and restarted my player... I then restarted again with the patches, and I still get the same result. Last year playing PG, I averaged 2.5 turnovers a game. It bugged me, but it was respectable. This year, I averaged a lot less assists and almost 4 turnovers a game. I don't mind turning the ball over unless I feel I made a good decision, but I was copped out by a stupid animation. It isn't fun, at least to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

To be honest, the only true realistic sports game out there is MLB the show, all others you kinda have to make a lot of allowances and kinda just let things slide and pretend it actually exists. I tend to not think of my corner as dropping his 5th int, I think of it as he just knocked it down in a pass defense.

Back