2012 MLB Postseason

sprocketboy

Surrounded by Donkey Fans
Reaction score
I just saw a highlight of Coco Crisp catching the last out in centerfield in that division-clinching game against Texas. Brings back memories of the 2007 ALCS. :***:

Anyway, does anyone here have a rooting interest in any of these teams? Having lived in the SF Bay Area for 10+ years, I'd be inclined toward hoping for a World Series matchup between Los Atleticos y Los Gigantes, except for two things:

1. Both teams have been tainted this year by failed PED tests (Colon for the A's, Melky Cabrera for the Giants).
  2. Last time the World Series was played across the Bay Bridge (1989), they had one hellacious earthquake. We don't need another one right now, especially given that the new Bay Bridge is under construction.
So, I guess I will fall back on my Boston roots and cheer for whoever is playing the Yankees.

Let's go, Orioles.

By the way, Atlanta got screwed last night. Infield fly rule, my ass. I don't know if the outcome of the game would have been different; by committing three errors, Los Bravos screwed themselves harder than that umpire did. The problem is, now nobody knows if the outcome of the game would have been different.

And ... LOL @ Ranger fans for booing Josh Hamilton.

Reds are looking pretty strong.

In spite of what they're doing to Los Gigantes, they're a tough sell for going all the way if Cueto doesn't come back.

Reds haven't named a Game 4 starter yet. The way things are going now, they may not need to ... and if they win the next one, Cueto gets a few more days to rest his back before the NLDS.

In spite of what they're doing to Los Gigantes, they're a tough sell for going all the way if Cueto doesn't come back.

Reds haven't named a Game 4 starter yet. The way things are going now, they may not need to ... and if they win the next one, Cueto gets a few more days to rest his back before the NLDS.

My guess would be Homer Bailey. Dude has been lights out in his last several starts.

* edit* Bailey is going today. If it goes four maybe Dusty goes with Mike Leake??

My guess would be Homer Bailey. Dude has been lights out in his last several starts.

* edit* Bailey is going today. If it goes four maybe Dusty goes with Mike Leake??

I didn't hear the whole story on the drive home; I only caught the piece that said Cueto has something called "Oblique Spasms," which sounds like a great name for an eighties band. I guess that means he's out for at least this series.

In other news, that Coco Crisp ... he can catch.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xm409jeBxmo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I didn't hear the whole story on the drive home; I only caught the piece that said Cueto has something called "Oblique Spasms," which sounds like a great name for an eighties band. I guess that means he's out for at least this series.

In other news, that Coco Crisp ... he can catch.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xm409jeBxmo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cueto is done. Can't pitch unless Reds make WS & that ain't happening. Cincy blew a 2-0 series lead & will lose to SF in 5.

This should just be the Coco Crisp thread.

Great game.

The A's picked up a lot of overseas fans from Moneyball.

The Orioles continue to make me sad.

I was 8 the time they were in the playoffs before this. Gonna go ahead and hope that I'm not 40 the next time they're back.

So Arod is taking a seat tonight I guess.....30 mil a year...has to be sat in the postseason. I just do not get why I got married instead of following my baseball dream.

Rematch of 2006 WS? I would love revenge against the Cardinals.
Posted via Mobile Device

Me too. I hate the cards.

You got Verlander going in game 3 so you have a good shot to make this a very short series. Good luck.

And Scherzer after that! He's turned into a second ace.

I am loving our chances.
Posted via Mobile Device

And Scherzer after that! He's turned into a second ace.

I am loving our chances.
Posted via Mobile Device

Looking damn good, Steve-o.

Yanks have CC going tonight but the way NY is hitting, actually not hitting, the Tigers just need to scratch out a couple of runs & that should do it.

I can smell it in the air...it's Yankee elimination day

lol yeah the Yanks are done... after the game everybody on the team should form a circle around a.rod and just beat him with bats

It will be interesting to see what NY does with Arod after the season. They still owe him 5 years 114mil. I heard Buster Olney on ESPN, say if Arod hit the FA market this year best he would get is a one year deal at 5 mill.

Yanks are screwed.

I would think they will keep him but ya never know now that Steinbrenner is expired

Back