2013 Augusta Masters

anderson

Awfully Cavalier
Reaction score
Not really rooting for anyone but Fred Couples to do well, but I felt bad for Tiger on this one...

tigerwater_medium.gif

Not really rooting for anyone but Fred Couples to do well, but I felt bad for Tiger on this one...

tigerwater_medium.gif

And it keeps getting worse...

They are calling for him to DQ himself on the Golf Channel.... Nick Faldo leading the charge...

Personally, the problem I have is when is the game over... He signed his card, but they accepted his card too. Can they go back and change last year's winner should new evidence come to light...

This is going to be a HUGE story (on the golf radar anyway)....

He should have been disqualified, but I don't know what the rules are regarding an accepted wrong scorecard. Seems like giving him the two-stroke penalty is a somewhat acceptable middle road.

Withdrawing wouldn't be a bad option for him, but I can understand if he wants to stay and fight for it.

So while he was still on the course, they ruled he was within a "close proximity" and therefore in compliance with the rules.

It was only after he signed his scorecard and gave a tv interview that they decided to revisit the issue and assess a penalty.

Funny, the new rule that gives the committee the discretion to not DQ the player smells of making exceptions for tv ratings, but the fact his tv interview got him into trouble will turn these guys in Belichick when talking to the press immediately after the match....

Fvck Tiger.

This isn't the first time that Tiger was given a pass on a ruling and allowed to skate on a potential DQ at the Masters.

The new rule that was invoked this time would be named the Tiger Rule if he played for the Pats, if you get my drift.

I don't blame any veteran golfer who has an issue with Tiger getting a pass on such a clear violation. He obviously was confused and took the wrong relief for a replay. Those past players like Faldo lived by a stricter set of rules that weren't governed by the affect it would have on the TV money. I don't blame them for being upset, if they are.

Thankfully Tiger didn't win. That was an awesome finish. Too bad one guy had to lose.

Back