2015 Combine/Draft thread

I have been out and have only seen part of today but so far after BB and Rexy, the winner in the non-player category is Mayock. Eisen was saying during one of the OL drills "this is the drill that my favorite Mayockism comes from." Mayock says "Heavy legged waist bender?" Eisen says yes. Mayock says "Heavy legged waist bender...bad for a right tackle...even worse for a blind date." ROFL

"Dancing bear" is my favorite. Probably because I'm a grateful dead fan.

Nick O'Leary lined up with Gronk would be amazing. Maxx looks great as well but he'll be gone before the Pats take a TE (if they even take one) as he'll go in the first or second.

Edit: Fixed thoughts

"Keep a close eye on Cody Fajardo of Nevada tomorrow. Since the Senior Bowl there’s been talk of Fajardo making the move from quarterback to receiver. He’s a sensational athlete but his passing, specifically his accuracy, leaves a lot to be desired. Though there’s been no official word to date it’ll be interesting to see if Fajardo is put through receiver drills at the end of the quarterback practice session."

Edleperson 2.0? (although Fajardo is taller - 6"2")

These Wideouts look like the tight ends of 15 years ago, except a second faster in the 40.

UGA WR Chris Conley ran a 4.35 40. Big kid. Add another one to my list of players to evaluate. smh.

Nick O'Leary lined up with Gronk would be amazing. Maxx looks great as well but he'll be gone before the Pats take a TE (if they even take one) as he'll go in the first or second.

Edit: Fixed thoughts

Nick O'Leary had a pretty bad day yesterday with a slow 40 time and poor vertical.

This is interesting because he was a steady performer in college and can really catch the ball and score, but his draft stock might've plummeted a considerable amount just from those two bad numbers.

Considering that he is smallish that could make him a 3rd day draftee or maybe even an FA. Just my opinion.

Maxx Williams looks like the best of a poor crop at this juncture, but somebody will come out of nowhere before this is over. Not a great year to be looking for a TE it appears.

So Jameis is making a big splash in his presser.

Referring to himself in the third person, he plans to win SB 50 and be the next Tom Brady.

I watched that as well and found it interesting. I think he helped himself, but I got the impression he was parroting back stuff that he was taught to say. That's not unusual, but....is he really an overall one?

I would not want to be in Tampa's shoes right now, because he is far from a sure thing. His evaluation is going to be fascinating.

I'll look forward to Gruden's QB camp thing with him for sure. I think he does a great job with that bit and it can be very illuminating for fans to see him peel back the onion. I recall when he did Jimmy Clausen and it was a disaster and Clausen got pissed off and flustered and I said right there the kid is a train wreck waiting to happen. Turns out that he was, but he still got drafted high.

Anyone know which of this years crop of WR's has the best combo of smarts and route running ability?

RB David Johnson (#7) - Northern Iowa - 6' & 1/2", 224# - 287 carries for 1553 yds, 38 catches for 539 yds (both in 2014)

4.50/40 (1.58 10 yd split), 41.5" VJ, 10'7" VJ, 25 reps of 225#

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zpKTcIFToF4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="450" height="420" src="http://www.draftbreakdown.com/video-embed/?clip=254063" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

#Brandnewbinky

Ol Rexy and Bill are pally?

Know what that picture reminds me of? I wish I could find a video of this, but: Remember that old Chris Farley SNL bit where he sees a celebrity in the elevator and he's all nervous and starstruck, and he says stuff like "Remember when you were in this and did that and then did that?...Um, yeah, that was cool." :insane:

I know everyone loves to hate Winston. But if he is able to keep his head on straight and that is a big if he will be one hell of a QB. He has the game smarts and the arm.

He played majority of this past season with all the off field crap swirling around him (of his own fault) and was biggest target of every team the Noles played this past season and still went through unbeaten before the playoff.

Anyone know which of this years crop of WR's has the best combo of smarts and route running ability?

Rashad Greene, FSU is rumored to be the best in the draft class in those traits.

(FSU runs a pro style offense too, so the transition to the pros should go smoother than most WRs)

Rashad Greene, FSU is rumored to be the best in the draft class in those traits.

(FSU runs a pro style offense too, so the transition to the pros should go smoother than most WRs)

Statistically the best FSU WR ever.

I know everyone loves to hate Winston. But if he is able to keep his head on straight and that is a big if he will be one hell of a QB. He has the game smarts and the arm.

He played majority of this past season with all the off field crap swirling around him (of his own fault) and was biggest target of every team the Noles played this past season and still went through unbeaten before the playoff.

He's highly impressive in the fundamentals. Watching him today, his accuracy and mechanics were so good. Zipped the football perfectly to wherever he wanted it to go. And he clearly has the brains as well.

It's will his character hold up. If it does, if he gets in with a good coach who can guide him and keep him straight then he really good become an exceptional QB in the NFL.

I don't hate the guy and find much in his game to be admired. He's certainly a gamer and seems to be a solid field general who isn't just flinging it around out there and he is also a skilled runner (though hurt this year), but it's also a fact that he threw 18 picks this past season to go with 25 TDs. He makes a lot of mistakes. You show me a guy that is extremely confident and I could show you a guy that might be completely delusional.

I don't get worked up over every stat, but I do put some stock in TD vs. INT ratio and that is a really poor mark for the best QB in the country.

He might be the best QB in this draft down the road, but that doesn't mean he's an amazing prospect. You've got to buy what he is selling and I don't. Not that high. He's a 2nd round prospect-- not the overall one. He's Josh Freeman II.

I don't hate the guy and find much in his game to be admired. He's certainly a gamer and seems to be a solid field general who isn't just flinging it around out there and he is also a skilled runner (though hurt this year), but it's also a fact that he threw 18 picks this past season to go with 25 TDs. He makes a lot of mistakes. You show me a guy that is extremely confident and I could show you a guy that might be completely delusional.

I don't get worked up over every stat, but I do put some stock in TD vs. INT ratio and that is a really poor mark for the best QB in the country.

He might be the best QB in this draft down the road, but that doesn't mean he's an amazing prospect. You've got to buy what he is selling and I don't. Not that high. He's a 2nd round prospect-- not the overall one. He's Josh Freeman II.

He may not be number one overall prospect but he's an above average QB prospect and in today's NFL teams are always going to chase the QB to get their franchise QB. I think Leonard Williams is the top overall prospect in this draft.

Josh Freeman II.......nah he's much better than Freeman will ever hope to be.

Interesting what Mooch said about Winston. His football IQ is off the charts, he was the best on the whiteboard Mooch has ever seen. Mayock said this tallies with what he's been told that Winston's IQ and work ethic are incredible.

That's a pretty good base. He's not a a Vince Young, (i'm not being racist here and just comparing him to another black QB), in that Young just was lazy and not interested in putting in the work. This kid loves the game, is extremely smart and works hard.

The only question mark is the off the field character. But surely that can be managed.

"The only question mark is the off the field character. But surely that can be managed."

Really? Are you sure? You're going to risk a #1 pick on someone with that much off field baggage? Who refers to himself in the third person at the combine, who says "I'm just here TRYING to keep it real." Stating "real recognizes real!"

Great talent, but I'm running away from this guy in the first round. History supports this, history will prove me right.

Back