A mock draft site that does it the way I always wanted to do it

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
I just found a mock draft site that basically does a simulated draft based on the teams' perceived needs and rankings of players:

http://www.drafttek.com/index.htm

I think about creating something like this every year, although I always imagined that team needs could be defined by surveys of fans, and then weighted by position (a team might really really need to draft a punter but they are not going to use a first round draft pick for that).

I haven't really studied the results of this simulation yet but I think the idea is interesting.

I thought that you were talking about the back door.

I had posted that site on another forum about 4 weeks ago. but you probably found it 5 weeks ago.

It updates it's 7 round mock weekly and top 500 also. It all computer generated from other sites and 'some scouting reports.

It's a good site and a good find.

How do the Steelers have the same need for a ILB and a SS? At SS we have Troy Polamalu and a more than capable backup in Tyrone Carter. At ILB we have James Farrior, Larry Foote, and not much else. Farrior is older than Porter. We definitely need an ILB, either later in this draft or early in next year's.

Mock drafts are useless until free agency calms down. Look at how much the Pats needs have changed in the last few days.

harrisonhits on 03-08-2007 at 08:08 PM said:
Mock drafts are useless until free agency calms down. Look at how much the Pats needs have changed in the last few days.

This guy (obviously) updates the needs matrix for teams on a (nearly) daily basis.

SteelerFan87 on 03-08-2007 at 07:22 PM said:
How do the Steelers have the same need for a ILB and a SS? At SS we have Troy Polamalu and a more than capable backup in Tyrone Carter. At ILB we have James Farrior, Larry Foote, and not much else. Farrior is older than Porter. We definitely need an ILB, either later in this draft or early in next year's.

Yes, I agree, it does seem like the Steelers have a higher priority need for inside linebackers than safeties.

MEPATNUT on 03-08-2007 at 06:31 PM said:
I thought that you were talking about the back door.

I had posted that site on another forum about 4 weeks ago. but you probably found it 5 weeks ago.

It updates it's 7 round mock weekly and top 500 also. It all computer generated from other sites and 'some scouting reports.

It's a good site and a good find.

Is English your native language?

I can't trust a mock draft site that is sponsored by Lane Bryant. Who the hell is the intended market here?

For real, good find thomas--though I doubt we draft a WR with the first pick. That seems very anti-Piolian.

This thing still has the Pats picking in the 2nd round with the 60th pick. WTH ?

Do they seriously expect us to believe that the Bears don't need a quarterback?

AFPATSFAN on 03-09-2007 at 07:55 AM said:
This thing still has the Pats picking in the 2nd round with the 60th pick. WTH ?

When I looked at it yesterday (and again just now) one of the first things I checked was to see if they had accounted for the trade with Miami, and they had, so I'm not sure what mock draft you are looking at...

Fully Tilted on 03-08-2007 at 10:11 PM said:
I can't trust a mock draft site that is sponsored by Lane Bryant. Who the hell is the intended market here?

For real, good find thomas--though I doubt we draft a WR with the first pick. That seems very anti-Piolian.

I agree - I think one of the problems the simulation has is that although the Patriots do need wide receivers, they are not likely to use a first-round pick on one, unless it's a true superstar player who slips down. This is what I mean about weighting the priorities, which they must do (I would think) but may not be accurately modelled in this particular case.

thomas144 on 03-09-2007 at 10:45 AM said:
When I looked at it yesterday (and again just now) one of the first things I checked was to see if they had accounted for the trade with Miami, and they had, so I'm not sure what mock draft you are looking at...

LMAO, it's updated now, but when I looked at it this AM it was still showing the Pats in the 60 hole.

AFPATSFAN on 03-09-2007 at 10:49 AM said:
LMAO, it's updated now, but when I looked at it this AM it was still showing the Pats in the 60 hole.

you are evidently caught in some kind of time warp. all the major stock market indices are up right now. maybe you can place a trade yesterday.

thomas144 on 03-09-2007 at 10:54 AM said:
you are evidently caught in some kind of time warp. all the major stock market indices are up right now. maybe you can place a trade yesterday.

Classic ROFL

thomas144 on 03-09-2007 at 10:54 AM said:

Maybe...... I'd sure be nice! :D

I have been in touch with the guy doing the site and he indicated he would be willing to take our input on the Patriots' needs and credit us for it.

So speak up. How would you prioritize the Patriots' draft needs right now?

He said he is planning to run this simulation right through draft weekend, so that as the draft unfolds it will provide input into subsequent picks.

Back