active Shooter on OSU campus

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
what the hell is up in this world. is was just a game!!

(insert where is Manson Domenic right now?)

Jim Harbaugh tantrum?

yes tasteless humor but after reading certain people Saturday afternoon.....

From CBS:

Police said they killed at least one suspect during an active shooter lockdown at Ohio State University on Monday morning. It is not clear whether or not there is a second suspect, but police are advising locals to stay on lockdown because of an active shooter.

Officials say at least eight people were injured, one critically, in an incident that began at the campus’ chemical engineering building.

It's crazy. I moved from the City 3 years ago to a small town of less than 1000 people. Couldn't be more happy. Not that this kind of stuff couldn't happen here. I'm just tired of too many people. They're everywhere. Anywho, I hope the victims pull through, and they get the cowards.

It's crazy. I moved from the City 3 years ago to a small town of less than 1000 people. Couldn't be more happy. Not that this kind of stuff couldn't happen here. I'm just tired of too many people. They're everywhere.

Agreed. I was wanting to retire in TN, now thinking of MT instead.
I like living where the person at the grocery store knows I like to bag my own groceries, and the people at the bank all know me enough not to have to ask for my ID. There's a longevity, a permanence, a sense of community in small towns that is missing more now, and may be something that is leading to these types of incidents.

I like living where the person at the grocery store knows I like to bag my own groceries, and the people at the bank all know me enough not to have to ask for my ID. There's a longevity, a permanence, a sense of community in small towns that is missing more now, and may be something that is leading to these types of incidents.

Couldn't agree more. My boys are very active in sports. Here they play for their town,their community. All the kids play together. When we lived in the Denver area, my youngest son played on a soccer team, and U7 soccer team that had kids from all different areas of the Denver area. Roughly 60 miles separated the kids. They played soccer, then went their own way. Here it's a family of sorts. I love it.

A van drove into a building and two people got out, one with a gun the other a knife.

Lockdown Lifted.

Just read one news story that has no mention of a gun, just the cop who shot the suspect and the incident was over in a minute.

Just read one news story that has no mention of a gun, just the cop who shot the suspect and the incident was over in a minute.

I guess it doesn't matter but WTF? was the reasoning behind this? I hope no gun was involved, I have to wonder what were they thinking.

"(A) male suspect drove a vehicle over the curb … (and) struck pedestrians," Stone said. "(Then) he exited the vehicle and used a butcher knife to start cutting pedestrians."
link

I have been chased with a butchers knife many years ago, riod rage - that is some scary shit right there. Luckily I could run into a house next door and we locked in.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EO24a21yDmw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Take it with a grain of salt...it could be fake...it could be true.

:coffee:

Columbus sucks fwiw...

It can get brutally cold (I've worked outside in the winter in -40 for the whole shift...I've experienced -75 when I was in middle school) here (the mid to northern parts of the state) in the winter... :coffee: Oh wait, you live in Ohio now? It's brutally cold, but, not as humid as over there.

The desert in Arizona is remote... :coffee:

I guess it doesn't matter but WTF? was the reasoning behind this? I hope no gun was involved, I have to wonder what were they thinking.

link

I have been chased with a butchers knife many years ago, riod rage - that is some scary shit right there. Luckily I could run into a house next door and we locked in.

It really doesn't matter, except for proper reporting of facts. I was just trying to figure out what was happening as I was busy all morning with making breakfast for my wife and keeping my daughter happy. Not the first time media reported something that ended up not true.

Back