AFC Championship game

Tibs

Reaction score
Yeah, we'll do our part in Stinkianapolis, but the Pats will go down in Colorado this Saturday.

Thus, the chance of a return get-together - at least this year - are over & done with.

Too bad. I was hoping the Steelers - not the Broncos - do the entire planet a favor and squash the Pats.

Next year will be even more painstaking, the Pats left exposed at the end of their run, a team down & out with little to build on.

But hey, let's not get sad & nostalgic, you won some hardware for the trophy case.

Congrats on a great run, it will end in Denver.

The here and the now, as painful and sudden as that may be.

:pat:
:LOL:

Tibs said:
Yeah, we'll do our part in Stinkianapolis, but the Pats will go down in Colorado this Saturday.

Thus, the chance of a return get-together - at least this year - are over & done with.

Too bad. I was hoping the Steelers - not the Broncos - do the entire planet a favor and squash the Pats.

Next year will be even more painstaking, the Pats left exposed at the end of their run, a team down & out with little to build on.

But hey, let's not get sad & nostalgic, you won some hardware for the trophy case.

Hey any idea if Cowher is going to use his Bengals game plan to beat the colts. You know the roll the fat linemen into the QB's knee plan? He should consider it seeing it was what won him the game in Cinnci yesterday. Its going to be a hard fough battle in Denver sat night and sunday I expect indy to be resting Peyton by the half and more photo's of crying Steeler players on ESPN.

SoCal Bong said:
Can anyone translate this jibberish? I have no idea what it means.

Someone break open the cliff notes for SoCal Bong. A multi-sentence post surpassses the man's attention span.

OK, I'll do it: Hey junior, keep hitting the bong cause football season is over.

SoCal Bong said:
Can anyone translate this jibberish? I have no idea what it means.

Sorry, SoCal -- I couldn't crack the code.

It does seem similar to primitive english in some ways. He does seem to be trying to communicate with us but, I have no idea what any of it means.

It's frustrating.

Re: Re: AFC Championship game

Mr NFLfan said:
Hey any idea if Cowher is going to use his Bengals game plan to beat the colts. You know the roll the fat linemen into the QB's knee plan? He should consider it seeing it was what won him the game in Cinnci yesterday.

That's totally off base. Every account, even from the Bengals themselves, has stated that it was an accident, totally unintentional.

As far as the gameplan, Colts are the Super Bowl favorites.

Makes it all the more sweet, knocking the #1 seed, the pretty-boy Colts from their lofty perch.

I expect nothing less. Steelers show up in Indy, and beat those mother****ers, soundly.

Steelers can beat the Colts. LeBeau's defense 2nd half of the Monday night game showed that - even though they lost that game - the Steelers D is able to do what few other teams have been able to do, confuse Payton Manning, and the Colts offense.

That's what needs to be done to beat the Colts on Sunday.

The combination of man and zone defense, having CB's matched up and dropping folks back into zone coverage, spreading out and covering the field. It worked against the Colts once, and now against Kitna and the Bengals.

The Steelers could very well make it work again, this weekend.

Palmer would have been a better test of that, because Manning, if anyone, can work against that and find spots, and make things happen in a big game like this. But Manning showed that he can be shaken.

Its going to be a hard fough battle in Denver sat night and sunday I expect indy to resting Peyton by the half and more photo's of crying Steeler players on ESPN.

No, the Broncos beat the Pats at home, the defending champs go home.

Tibs, seriously, your blindness to our complete dominance over your Steel Tissues has caused many an embarrassing statement from you and your fans over the years. I've never seen so much crow served to one fanbase in my life!

Look at it from our point of view.

"We'll kick your azzes this time around :blah: :blah: "

"This is the year :blah: :blah: "

"Brady is just a system quarterback :blah: :blah: "

... and so on and so on, I mean - we DO appreciate the laughs and all, but it's like watching some poor fool walk into a glass door over and over and over again, until you just say "aw heck" and open it for him. Know what I mean?

Re: Re: AFC Championship game

GOD said:
Know what I mean?

No. Unfortunately, we won't have that chance to talk trash.

The Pats won't make it out of Denver.

That saddens me. No chance for a slow dance.

Re: Re: Re: AFC Championship game

Tibs said:
No. Unfortunately, we won't have that chance to talk trash.

The Pats won't make it out of Denver.

That saddens me. No chance for a slow dance.

Yeah, but it's like your still doing the same thing. But now you're standing behind the new kid on the block, hoping he'll protect you as you keep squawking at the bully who always beats you up. Know what I mean??

Tibs said:
That's totally off base. Every account, even from the Bengals themselves, has stated that it was an accident, totally unintentional.

I don't need the Bengals to tell me what I saw. Bottom line is that Kimo:

-- Was knocked to the ground by the block --but he got to Palmer's knee under his own power. Don't even TRY to tell me that he got blocked into Palmer.

-- COULD HAVE HELD UP but instead chose to hit him low.

I'm not saying he meant to blow the knee out -- I'm sure he didn't -- but he DID try to take him out low and he shouldn't act surprised that GEE the spikes got stuck in the turf and someone got hurt. I call it a semi-accident.

Fact is, that Kimo knew had the perfect excuse to submarine Palmer and he rolled with it.

Tibs said:

OMFG

Re: Re: Re: Re: AFC Championship game

Hawg73 said:
I don't need the Bengals to tell me what I saw. Bottom line is that Kimo:

-- Was knocked to the ground by the block --but he got to Palmer's knee under his own power. Don't even TRY to tell me that he got blocked into Palmer.

-- COULD HAVE HELD UP but instead chose to hit him low.

I'm not saying he meant to blow the knee out -- I'm sure he didn't -- but he DID try to take him out low and he shouldn't act surprised that GEE the spikes got stuck in the turf and someone got hurt. I call it a semi-accident.

Fact is, that Kimo knew had the perfect excuse to submarine Palmer and he rolled with it.

Helmet down, rushing the quarterback with all his might. That's his job. If you watch the replay, Oelhoffen made his move, got pushed down by the guard, fell forward and wrapped his arms around Palmer, something a DE would do, preferably, on any down, in any game.

The fact that the hit came a second after Palmer released the ball and squashed his knee in the process is just a part of the game. I was bummed - as a fan watching the game - as was Kimo, if you watch his reaction after the play.

There was nothing sinister about that.

But all you have to do is read what the Bengals players had to say about the ex-Bengal Kimo von Oelhoffen. He's a straight shooter, a solid guy all around.

For sure he would not have wanted to injure the QB on that play.

So, put it to rest. Too bad Palmer went down, the Steelers played a great all-around game to win in hostile Cinncinati.

Tibs said:

As far as the gameplan, Colts are the Super Bowl favorites.

Makes it all the more sweet, knocking the #1 seed, the pretty-boy Colts from their lofty perch.

I expect nothing less. Steelers show up in Indy, and beat those mother****ers, soundly.

Steelers can beat the Colts. LeBeau's defense 2nd half of the Monday night game showed that - even though they lost that game - the Steelers D is able to do what few other teams have been able to do, confuse Payton Manning, and the Colts offense.

That's what needs to be done to beat the Colts on Sunday.

The combination of man and zone defense, having CB's matched up and dropping folks back into zone coverage, spreading out and covering the field. It worked against the Colts once, and now against Kitna and the Bengals.

The Steelers could very well make it work again, this weekend.

Palmer would have been a better test of that, because Manning, if anyone, can work against that and find spots, and make things happen in a big game like this. But Manning showed that he can be shaken.

No, the Broncos beat the Pats at home, the defending champs go home.

Hey as a change up and to throw off league officials perhaps next sunday you can have one of your fat guys jump peyton outside his home and club him over the knee. Your brilliant defensive effort had nothing to do with man/zone and everything to do defending Kitna vs Palmer. Hell at least do the league some justice and hire a hit on the guy instead of doing it before the viewing public. That way your denials look more realistic, you know more "believeable".

Re: Re: Re: Re: AFC Championship game

Mr NFLfan said:
Hey as a change up and to throw off league officials perhaps next sunday you can have one of your fat guys jump peyton outside his home and club him over the knee. Your brilliant defensive effort had nothing to do with man/zone and everything to do defending Kitna vs Palmer. Hell at least do the league some justice and hire a hit on the guy instead of doing it before the viewing public. That way your denials look more realistic, you know more "believeable".

Pathetic. You must be a Pats fan.

Tibs, what was that Monday Night score again? Colts 26, Steelers 7? Yeah, that game plan worked out all right.ROFL

We'll be ready for the Steelers, so don't count on being in the AFCCG. Hold off on making those travel plans, although I know it's tempting for you. If Big Ben thought it was loud last time, and loud in Cinci in the first half on Sunday, he won't know what hit him. Better get that silent snap count ready...your team will need it. I'll be screaming the whole time our D is on the field, and am going to make a noisemaker at the game, just to be extra annoying to dear Ben.>) Should be a great time!:thumb:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: AFC Championship game

Mr NFLfan said:
Duh! and you must be in denial.

I just hate teams that use cheap shots to injure players for the sole purpose to advance into playoff rounds they don't belong in.

For you to use the term "cheap shot" regarding a play that was obviously not - to the entire NFL community (hell-o!) - summarizes how cheap the education that you got (and it was getting, not recieving) really was.

No harm done. There are adult high school courses out there - including wood shop & metal shop - to try to bring folks like you back in the fold.

I wish you the best, in the meantime.

ColtsFan86 said:
Tibs, what was that Monday Night score again? Colts 26, Steelers 7? Yeah, that game plan worked out all right.ROFL

We'll be ready for the Steelers, so don't count on being in the AFCCG. Hold off on making those travel plans, although I know it's tempting for you. If Big Ben thought it was loud last time, and loud in Cinci in the first half on Sunday, he won't know what hit him. Better get that silent snap count ready...your team will need it. I'll be screaming the whole time our D is on the field, and am going to make a noisemaker at the game, just to be extra annoying to dear Ben.>) Should be a great time!:thumb:

Coltsfan1946

We'll have the silent snap ready, huge advantage that we've been there in that stadium, won't be a shock to the system as the first game.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: AFC Championship game

Tibs said:
For you to use the term "cheap shot" regarding a play that was obviously not - to the entire NFL community (hell-o!) - summarizes how cheap the education that you got (and it was getting, not recieving) really was.

No harm done. There are adult high school courses out there - including wood shop & metal shop - to try to bring folks like you back in the fold.

I wish you the best, in the meantime.

You probably also are going to tell me that Elvis is alive and living in Pittsburgh. Oelhoffen should be up for an oscar this year.

I suppose after the beat down that Cowher has taken these past few years in the playoffs he's just trying to keep his job.

Back