America says, "Hold my beer! We got this!"

Faucis success rate rivals New England weathermen pre-radar.

He started with incomplete information regarding morbidity, mortality and how this new virus was transmitted, what killed it, etc. Nevertheless, he was quick to advise precautions and as soon as morbidity escalated he advised states to shut down. I don't know how he could have done better relative to the limited epidemiological knowledge of the virus. My hat is off to him. It could have been a lot worse and would have been without his advice, imo.

He started with incomplete information regarding morbidity, mortality and how this new virus was transmitted, what killed it, etc. Nevertheless, he was quick to advise precautions and as soon as morbidity escalated he advised states to shut down. I don't know how he could have done better relative to the limited epidemiological knowledge of the virus. My hat is off to him. It could have been a lot worse and would have been without his advice, imo.

Fully agree.

MA Gov Charlie Baker just announced part 2 of Phase 2 of the state’s reopening plan will start on Monday.

This includes indoor dining and offices can go to 50% capacity.

Massachusetts has done a good job, imo.

MA Gov Charlie Baker just announced part 2 of Phase 2 of the state’s reopening plan will start on Monday.

Sure has. Helped immensely because most people in this state don't view a mask as an infringement on their freedom. In the same manner that people have accepted indoor smoking regulations because they understand the hazard to the health of others, they've accepted wearing masks with the same view.

Just a small amount of courtesy for each other goes a long way.

A heads up:

Remember a few days ago when cell service was disrupted? It was so a COVID19 tracking app could be loaded onto your phone. The tracking app records all the smart phones you've been near for a 14 day period. No names, just phones.

To see if you have the app,
Android: go to settings and then Google settings and it's there
iPhone: go to settings then privacy then health to see if it's there

You can turn it on or off.
The idea is that if someone tests positive on your 14 day logging app, you will be notified of your exposure.

I have automatic DLs turned off so my iPhone didn't DL the app.

Yeah, I wrote about this on FB the other day. It was snuck into my Galaxy S10+ without any fanfare.

Most on my timeline are not happy about it but a 1 or 2 think its cool. FWIW the ones there cool with it are are younger people.

Thank for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I wrote about this on FB the other day. It was snuck into my Galaxy S10+ without any fanfare.

Most on my timeline are not happy about it but a 1 or 2 think its cool. FWIW the ones there cool with it are are younger people.

Thank for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind having the app so I think it's cool so long as that's all it's used for. It's an efficient way to know about exposures but it definitely smacks of an invasion of privacy if used in other ways. If I had it, I'd delete it as soon as this threat is over.

Why does this not surprise me in the least.

A new strain of H1N1 Swine flu has been spreading on hog farms in China. China has known but has said nothing. Thanks, guys!

edit:
The study, published online in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, is based on the surveillance of pigs in 10 Chinese provinces

"Because of my stupidity I put my mom and sisters and my family's health in jeopardy." A Southern California man, who tested positive for coronavirus after attending a party, expressed his fear and regret a day before he died. https://cnn.it/2ByDWtd

No bars or nightclubs open yet which is a good thing. That’s where we screwed up. Indoor dining is cool to go to again, but be careful. Not every restaurant down here maintained social distancing in an effort to make up lost revenue. Make sure you scope the place out before you sit down.

No bars or nightclubs open yet which is a good thing. That’s where we screwed up. Indoor dining is cool to go to again, but be careful. Not every restaurant down here maintained social distancing in an effort to make up lost revenue. Make sure you scope the place out before you sit down.

In case you see any Covid particles lingering around?

I have no idea what this means and won’t bother deciphering.

Good decision. If you can’t figure out that I was telling him to scope out the inside of the restaurant for capacity and table spacing, you won’t have much better luck deciphering the follow-up post. Best to focus your mind on something it can handle. Maybe throw in an old Bum Fights DVD for the afternoon.

"Because of my stupidity I put my mom and sisters and my family's health in jeopardy." A Southern California man, who tested positive for coronavirus after attending a party, expressed his fear and regret a day before he died. https://cnn.it/2ByDWtd

51 huh, interesting.

Back