another Bengal arrested

Splunge52

Reaction score
Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Cincinnati Bengals linebacker A.J. Nicholson was charged Saturday with burglarizing the apartment of a former Florida State teammate.
The 21-year-old Nicholson also was charged with grand theft and vandalism. He was being held at the Leon County jail on $16,000 bond, with a first appearance before a judge scheduled Monday, a spokesman with the Sheriff's office said.

Nicholson and Fred Rouse, another former Florida State teammate, are accused of breaking into the apartment of Seminoles running back Lorenzo Booker and stealing $1,700 worth of electronic equipment late last month.

The 20-year-old Rouse, a former wide receiver kicked off the team in January after his freshman season, was arrested May 27 in Tallahassee and charged with burglary and grand theft. Nicholson was in Cincinnati when the charges were filed.

Nicholson has a history of off-field problems, including a suspension for the Orange Bowl in January after he took a woman to the team's Miami hotel in a violation of team policy. She accused him of sexual assault, but Nicholson has not been charged.

Nicholson, a fifth-round draft pick, has been participating in the Bengals' voluntary workouts. Team officials declined to comment. A message left for Nicholson's agent was not immediately returned.

BREAKING NEWS... A Bengal was seen drinking a glass of milk and rescuing a cat from a tree. "We won't tolerate that kind of behavior around here," the GM said.

Hahahahaha.

You'd think by now this would stop being funny, but you'd be wrong.

Re: Re: another Bengal arrested

Vito Babe on 05-19-2007 at 08:08 PM said:
grand theft and vandalism, turning it up a notch, huh?

From a teammate, no less. Well, former teammate.

I'm glad the Bengals are a classy organization unlike our Patriots... :rolleyes:

They really should just change their uniforms to prison jumpsuits.

bungal_team_photo.jpg

And you know what's really sad? On Bengalszone.com, people are saying "Good, lets cut him to send a message, and then we can bring back Odell Thurman."

And the sad thing is, they weren't joking.

SteelerFan87 on 05-19-2007 at 10:17 PM said:
And you know what's really sad? On Bengalszone.com, people are saying "Good, lets cut him to send a message, and then we can bring back Odell Thurman."

And the sad thing is, they weren't joking.

You're kidding. No way.

The Bengals off season workout uniform.

1421n.jpg

PATRIOT4EVER
05-18-2007 09:25 AM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

FARTS
Go ahead, say it out loud and try not to laugh

so does this mean im liked over pat4ever? if so you made my day bab

He'sno longer a Bengal -

BENGALS BOUNCE A.J.

The Cincinnati Bengals have cut linebacker A.J. Nicholson, only three days after he was arrested for allegedly punching a woman in the eye.

If the decision to release Nicholson was a result of the arrest, the Bengals will be exposed to a potential non-injury grievance. Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NFL and the union, individual teams are not permitted to dump a player as discipline for any on-field or off-field action. The team's official web site acknowledges this point, and then attempts in half-hearted fashion to argue that the decision was based on talent.

The move came after the alleged victim tried to recant her claim that Nicholson had punched her. She now says that she hit herself in the eye with a cell phone after grabbing it from Nicholson.

"I was very emotional and I was mad at A.J.," said Victoria Johnson. "Like a lot of other couples, we had been arguing. But I am to blame here. I exaggerated the situation. The police officer misinterpreted my upset and emotional demeanor."

Sorry, but we're always skeptical when the non-football-playing member of a "couple" tries to claim after passions cool that nothing occurred that might derail the gravy train. The desperation to keep the money coming in is so strong that it can even get a victim to claim that she lied to the police.

In this specific case, it's too late. Nicholson has lost his job, and we doubt that anyone else in the NFL will sign him.

Back