Are We In Denial?

Are We In Denial About How Good Our Pats Truly Are?

• Yes - we're just not what we use to be. It was nice while it lasted, but it's long gone.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No - we're still the best team in football despite being a less than thrilling 3-3

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I'm not in denial because I admit we're an average team.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • BradyLady69 wants to play in Assclownland

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters

LadyAssclown69

Reaction score
Guys, are we in denial about just how average our Pats are this year? While we're busy obsessing over the #1 ranked, undefeated, 7-0 Indianapolis Colts lead by back-to-back MVP Peyton Manning and this years MVP front-runner Edgerrin James, we seem to be overlooking just how mediocre we've been thus far. We've only got 1 quality win, and we've got 2 really lousy loses, getting spanked by the 3-4 Chargers and the Panthers. That's not the makings of a world champion, that's not even the makings of a wildcard team.

So honestly, do you think we'll turn it on later on in the season and regain our championship form, or are we just a bunch of fans in denial over just how washed up our average football team truly is?

can we add to this poll the following option

"BradyLady007 is wanting to move to the assclown forum"

I think you and steelersownu will make great cellmates some day

The only thing that is long gone after 6 games is....6 games. See, the Planeteers have taken BB's emphasis on taking each game at hand to be the most important thing. There are 10 more of these to go and to claim that any or either extreme is inevitable is quite uncharacteristic of championship thinking. MVP and Player of the Day are really not that important. Never were and never will be.

I'll agree that their record (and thus their performance) has been average. However, that doesn't mean I think that trend will continue (see 2001 & 2003 seasons for examples of slow starts).
________
medical marijuana

Honestly, and I know I'm gonna take heat for this, but I think the best thing we can do is tank this season and pick up Reggie Bush in the draft. Reggie would give us hope of regaining our contender status in the near future. As we are now, we're gonna either barely miss the playoffs, or get knocked out in round 1 by a team like the Jaguars, and then draft another stiff like Langdon Mankins. Yeah, thats gonna get us back to the Superbowl in a hurry.....

BradyLady69 said:
and then draft another stiff like Langdon Mankins. Yeah, thats gonna get us back to the Superbowl in a hurry.....

:LOL:

BradyLady69 said:
another stiff like Langdon Mankins.

Just a bit of advice....

If you're going to claim to be a fan of a certain team you might want to actually know the names of the players on that team. You might come off sounding a little bit more believable.

It's Logan, not Langdon. :shake:

Hurm....

BradyLady69 said:
Guys, are we in denial about just how average our Pats are this year? While we're busy obsessing over the #1 ranked, undefeated, 7-0 Indianapolis Colts lead by back-to-back MVP Peyton Manning and this years MVP front-runner Edgerrin James, we seem to be overlooking just how mediocre we've been thus far. We've only got 1 quality win, and we've got 2 really lousy loses, getting spanked by the 3-4 Chargers and the Panthers. That's not the makings of a world champion, that's not even the makings of a wildcard team.

So honestly, do you think we'll turn it on later on in the season and regain our championship form, or are we just a bunch of fans in denial over just how washed up our average football team truly is?

This sounds an awful lot like

Bruschi 3:16 said:
Is it me or is this team just about out of gas? Losing an eleven point lead to a horrible Fins team in a must game pretty much tells me what I need to know about the guts this team has. Brady has been awful lately and the defense has allowed 50+ points over the last two games. Just awful.

NE gets the second seed, and loses at home to Indy. If the Pats can't keep Miami to under 29 points, the Colts may come in here and put up 50. This season is done and there are a lot of questions that need to be answered before next season begins.

ps- Screw Charlie Weis, too. His call on 3rd and 9 with less than 2 minutes to go proves he is "showing off" for his new bosses in South Bend. Run the ball, make them use a timeout, punt and play some d. I can't believe the Pats coached themselves out of a win that they desperately needed. Oh well, go Red Sox

Separated at birth?

My thanks to Lvent for saving that gem!

Langdon.. yeah that's it.... :rolleyes: I'm not touching that one.

Re: Re: Are We In Denial?

HelenaHandbsket said:
Hurm....

This sounds an awful lot like

Separated at birth?

My thanks to Lvent for saving that gem!

Langdon.. yeah that's it.... :rolleyes: I'm not touching that one.

:thumb:

The Patriots certainly have played like an average Jekyll and Hyde team...fairly reminiscent of recent Bengal teams.

LadyAssclown69 said:

This is the weakest ManningsArmy imitation I have ever seen, and I have seen many.

Back