• Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
I dreamed last night that five people were shot to death in a kind of road rage incident on the street in front of my house. My neighbor, a retired state trooper, had been away and I was telling him and his wife about it. It then occurred to me that if five people had been shot to death in front of my house (I described what happened in great detail, and felt fortunate that the enraged gunman didn't realize I was home) that it would have been in the news, and I thought I really should google the event to see if it really happened.

In the same vein it occurs to me that maybe we shouldn't overlook the Broncos and focus on preparing for the Superbowl. I'm really undecided about this, so i thought I would post a poll to see what other thought.

I can only speak for myself but I am not overlooking them. Not in Denver with the best defense in the league. But honestly, I feel better about this match up for the Pats than I did vs KC who I thought was the worst match up for the Pats of all the playoff teams. The reason I feel this way is because with the Pats offense fully healthy, you have to score to beat us. You have to be able to get to high 20s if not 30s. Brady has historically had great success vs Phillips and threw 3 TDs last time in the snow with missing many of his offensive stars. I just don't see how Denver stays with the Pats barring TOs or STs play which could happen.

In the playoffs when the Pats are the superior team, they very rarely lose. That has been their MO this entire 15 yr playoff run especially when the opposing QB is not able to challenge the Pats defense or score TDs. I felt this way vs Seattle as well who also had the best defense and they did get 2 TOs but were unable to score enough to win and they had a much better offense than Denver and were facing a weaker defense than this year's Pats defense.

I'm not overlooking the Broncos but as far as their fans go, yeah, I'm dismissive of them.

I'm not overlooking the Broncos but as far as their fans go, yeah, I'm dismissive of them.

Yeah this. Obviously want victory here but the delicious meltdown in their fan base afterward is a huge upside. A tidal wave of salty tears. Let's hope it works out.
The odds of PM peeing down his leg are high, let's face it.

If we dare overlook the Bronco's then we will ruin any chance of really beating them good and making Pey-Pey's last game miserable. I'll take a close win but (for once) a comfortable win would be nice too. Last years AFCCG was a joy stomping the Colts (then ruined by the *$&! air pressure crap)

Odd things happen in Denver so stay focused, play everyone (Even BB) and then worry about the SB.

If we dare overlook the Bronco's then we will ruin any chance of really beating them good and making Pey-Pey's last game miserable. I'll take a close win but (for once) a comfortable win would be nice too. Last years AFCCG was a joy stomping the Colts (then ruined by the *$&! air pressure crap)

Odd things happen in Denver so stay focused, play everyone (Even BB) and then worry about the SB.

I've been thinking about posting a poll about how big a victory do we need in Denver. If they just squeak by would that be a moral defeat?

I've been thinking about posting a poll about how big a victory do we need in Denver. If they just squeak by would that be a moral defeat?

Absolutely it will, because then Denver will have almost won. And the Patriots already have enough of these almost lost games. I think they lead that statistical category.

We want a clear win, not a loss/win. :coffee:

I am not dismissive of the Broncos because only best teams make it to the AFCCG. I am not dismissive of all theirs fans, just the smack beans that troll within here and have no clue of the football topic they are gagging about. My focus is on winning the game and going to the 2nd back-to-back SB since 2003-2004. Call me tunnel vision but it is what it is......... :stirpot:

Meh, it doesn't matter what us fans think. I can guarantee you that the Patriots aren't overlooking the Broncos. Me personally? Yeah, I'm being dismissive. I don't see how the Broncos are going to win this one.

I agree, I hope this game is a laugher. Like watching the funniest comedy routine ever. I want NO drama, no nail biting. just smooth sailing and laughs the whole time. Of course, I'll take the W anyway they can can get it though.

I could use a blowout by the Pats, it's been a while since I've been able to relax and enjoy a thorough ass whooping. And doing it to PM and the Donkeys would be epic.

Back