Best Concert You Ever Saw

Probably my senior year at Dartmouth, Winter Carnival weekend, Steve Miller Band, Bozz Scaggs, and It's a Beautiful Day.

The most fun I ever had at a concert was the Angry Samoans show at the Channel circa 1984. Great show.

The Moody Blues- Red Rocks - 1983
The Marshall Tucker Band - Red Rocks- summer, 1979
CSN&Y- Verizon Wireless Center- 2006

Carmina Burana - Victory Theater - April 2008

Trans Siberian Orchestra...every frickin' time!! They get better and better every year and their shows just get bigger.

Well, I have seen Aerosmith about 6 times. They put on a great show. I have seen Poison a couple of times. However, the band that I absolutely LOVE is KISS. To me, they are the absolute greatest. I have been to 46 KISS concerts, seen them on the Reunion Tour, the Psycho Circus Tour, the Farewell Tour, and the Aerosmith/KISS tour and that tour they did with Poison supporting (might have been called the Rock the Nation tour). I have seen them in Canada (New Year's Eve '99 in Vancouver), and in Australia (Farewell Tour in April of 2001 saw six shows), and the rest in the States. Great shows, and I can not pick just one. If I HAD TO, I would pick the very first one, July 28, 1996 at Madison Square Garden in NYC, in my hometown (I was born there at least.) I had been a fan for 19 years at that point and had never seen them live before until then. Great show.

Hard to say what was the best, as I've seen so many ridiuclous shows.

The best of them are:

- Grateful Dead in Lewiston, Maine in 1981

- Warren Zevon in Atlanta in 1987

- Talking Heads in Burlington, VT in 1983 or 84

- The Who at MSG in 2006

Those jump out as some of my favorites.

Probably Bethel Park High School Orchestra, various times through the late 90's and early 2000s.

:thumb:

(Of course, I was playing in some of those, so does it still count? :D)

Motley Crue. '85 Manning Bowl in Lynn (i'm old).. Great show (theatre of Pain) and I dont remember how in hell I got home.

The very first River Rave (Boston area music festival) because it was my first concert (Better than Ezra and Letters to Cleo and some other band). It was free at the Hatch Shell in 1994 or 95.

DMB in Montreal in 1999. I was under 21. I was in Montreal. I was seeing my favorite band and it was a great set list.

Dispatch in 2000 at Babson College. They were virtually unknown and I had no idea who they were. I went because it was a charity event hosted by a friend. There were probably about 300 people there. They did a free 'last' concert at the Hatch Shell where 100,000 fans from all around the world showed up in 2004 (roughly).

This is one of those threads where most people hardly read other people's posts.

This is one of those threads where most people hardly read other people's posts.

Funny stuff... I think you're right. I will add that I saw the Eagles last night and it was damn good - despite being in nosebleed seats. I think Joe Walsh is done/washed up as a singer though. All the songs they played that Walsh sung were pretty bad melodically. The Glen Fry and especially the Don Henley songs were great! But Joe - not so much. He should stick to the guitar. Watching Joe Walsh struggle through his old songs is like watching Mike Timlin pitch.

1. Tool - Lateralus tour. Was a religious experience.

2. Sepultura - Chaos AD tour at the Avalon.

3. Pink Floyd - Division Bell tour. Unbelievable.

4. Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth tour.

Seriosly - it's hard for me to say.

It was either:

Pink Floyd (The Wall) - Feb 26 1980 at Nassau County Colliseum on Long Island, or;

Pink Floyd (The Wall) - Feb 28 1980 at Nassau County Colliseum on Long Island. This was closing night for a five day set - I'll take this one.

I was actually abe to see this monster twice in three nights.

I get crazy thinking about it. (though Dark Side is my favorite album)

Maybe it's why I retired from law and became a teacher. :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

Best Concert I've ever seen was Garth Brooks at College Station, TX in 1998.

Ive seen some pretty cool other ones, though. Green Day at Pearl Harbor in 1994. No Doubt in Hawaii as well in 1996. Country music Fest at Foxboro in 1999 and 2004.

Back