Bill vs. Bill - head to head matchup -looking for your ideas and analysis

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
Tastes Great vs Less Filling, Tuck vs. Fumble and Brady vs. Bledsoe have been some of the big debate topics around here in recent years.

Now jammed down the gullets of Patriots fans is the hip-deep hype festival that is Bill vs. Bill, Teacher vs. Student or Tuna vs. Mackeral.

I personally wish somebody would hook these two to a truth-serum drip so that we could get the real skinny on what happened, and I'd be willing to bet that it would have more melodrama and skullduggery than the average season of Survivor but for now we have to be satisfied with whatever scraps that either one of these two con artists sees fit to toss us.

I'm not happy with that, but one thing I can do is to try and settle the matter once and for all with a head-to-head competition.

I challenge all Patriotsplanet posters, be they friend or foe, to come up with comparisons between the two men, in various areas of their personal or coaching lives, and give the honest edge to one of the other so that we might tally the results up and declare a winner for once and for all.

I'll start:

Category: Musical tastes

Tuna: likes to listen to 50's doo-wop on his long drives to Florida for the off-season.

Belichick: A huge fan of rock music in general he is personal buddies with Jon Bon Jovi whose song Bounce is dedicated to our Bill.

Analysis: A wipeout for our side. I doubt that Tuna ever hung out with Frankie Valle or Dion and the Belmonts.

Edge: Belichick 1 Parcells 0

I wish you would post this over at http://mazevo.com/mazevo/st.x?c=dallascowboys&f=dallascowboysmain in one of the 78,000 threads dedicated to why Tuna is better than BB.... I've changed gears over there and since this will be my last chance to talk smack, I've resorted to true primitive trolling tactics. Tuna Surprise, Ballbustah, and U59 are coming at them with tons of football logic, which has made them very dizzy. They hate me though. Their mods have change the name under my avatar to Doodie Head, instead of Rookie or Starter. So..... it's Doodie Head they are getting.

I now hate the Cowboys more than any team with the exception of divisional rivals. I hate living here and I want to strangle these bandwagon jumping fans.

This is a great idea.

Category: Family

Tuna: Divorced. Has 3 daughters including one name Dallas. Has yet to see his granddaughter. Wonder if he even knows he has children.

Belichick: Still Married. 3 children. Has been seen playing flag football with them after games in Gillette Stadium. His daughter was with him on the sidelines during SB XXXVI. Kids were on the podium during postgame.

Analysis: Tuna has never been known to be a warm fuzzy family guy. Always said his kids were in good hands with his wife. BB has tried to integrate his kids into the football part of his life. His kids will forever appreciate him for that.

Edge: Belichick 2 Parcells 0

Pookie,

Why will this be your last chance to talk smack?

Undertaker #59 said:
Pookie,

Why will this be your last chance to talk smack?

I believe the wife will have me busy most of the weekend, starting tonight.

Ahhh, okay....PHEW!

I thought you were leaving us for a minute there. :)

pookie said:
I believe the wife will have me busy most of the weekend, starting tonight.

Will we have a Paris Hilton type video as proof? :D

bideau said:
Will we have a Paris Hilton type video as proof? :D

I wish. My only hope is that she doesn't catch me watching the Paris Hilton video!

bideau said:

Edge: Belichick 2 Parcells 0

Belicheck's Browns 20, Parcells' Patriots 13....1994 Playoff game

Belicheck 3, Parcells 0

I think I can shed a little light on this whole thing, as I have the INSIDE TRACK™ on the matter.

First of all.....we wouldn't even be HAVING this conversation about Bill Bellycheck if it wasn't for ME having offered him a job back in the day. Do you think Bellycheck would have ever even got out of high school ranks without me? He doesn't even have the balls to take a DUMP without calling me up and asking me if it's OK.

I MADE you, Bellycheck.....I freaking MADE you, man!!!

And don't believe all that stuff about Bellycheck hanging out with Bon Jovi. That whole thing got started when I used to go backstage at Van Halen concerts and smoke crystal meth with David Lee Roth. I told Billy Boy he couldn't tag along anymore, so he started that whole rumour himself.

As for musical tastes, he is more of an Elvis fan. I even snapped a picture of him last night at a karaoke bar in Boston doing a rousing rendition of "The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down".......here it is:

Needless to say, there was more than tears flowing after he got done belting out that particular note.

AnyWHOOOO......when it comes down to it, I am the boss, and Bellycheck is my employee. I don't care if the kid gets a city named after him....I still own him. This will be demonstarted on Sunday night in front of a national audience for the whole world to see.

Parcells- 1
Bellycheck- 0

Bill, that was all very funny and what-not. But you can't post nude pictures here. -- Love, pook.

Originally posted by Bill Parcells™

Bill, that was all very funny and what-not. But you can't post nude pictures here. -- Love, pook.

Oh OK......here is another one I snapped with no nudity.

eeteabagging_jpg.jpg

Thnak you for your guidance in this matter, Pookie. It's a good thing Bellycheck has you on HIS side.

==================
That's better. At least his weiner aint hanging out and taking a leak. You're funny. I just wish you knew when to draw the line.
--Pook

Here is a picture of Bellycheck after he fell off the drumstand trying to crowd surf. By this time I was beginning to get a little embarrassed......Bellycheck just doesn't know when to draw the line when he tries to drink his stress away.

elvisondrums_jpg.jpg

Parcells- 34
Bellycheck- 0

pookie said:
...since this will be my last chance to talk smack, I've resorted to true primitive trolling tactics. Tuna Surprise, Ballbustah, and U59 are coming at them with tons of football logic, which has made them very dizzy. They hate me though. Their mods have change the name under my avatar to Doodie Head, instead of Rookie or Starter. So..... it's Doodie Head they are getting.

Okay, first off, they are not exactly lovin' every minute of what I am cooking up for them over there either Pookie. I am actually envious of the "Doodie Head" brand label as I am stuck with a generic "cheerleader" tag and anyone who knows me knows that dog don't hunt. I am much more of a mascot. I think you should consider yourself privileged to have entertained them enough that they changed your name. I have gone straight to hell in their eyes and there is no sense steering now.

Whenever you choose -- for better or worse -- not to adopt at least tolerance for the local team in an area where you live you are asking for trouble. I developed a strong dislike for the Donkeys when I was in Colorado and if I had trolled their boards at that time I probably would have been driven off the deep end. To preserve your sanity you might need to learn to like the Cowboys -- or at least take some anger management classes. ;)

pookie said:
I wish you would post this over at http://mazevo.com/mazevo/st.x?c=dallascowboys&f=dallascowboysmain in one of the 78,000 threads dedicated to why Tuna is better than BB.... I've changed gears over there and since this will be my last chance to talk smack, I've resorted to true primitive trolling tactics. Tuna Surprise, Ballbustah, and U59 are coming at them with tons of football logic, which has made them very dizzy. They hate me though. Their mods have change the name under my avatar to Doodie Head, instead of Rookie or Starter. So..... it's Doodie Head they are getting.

I now hate the Cowboys more than any team with the exception of divisional rivals. I hate living here and I want to strangle these bandwagon jumping fans.

I probably should be offended but I am laughing too hard. :thumb:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hawg73 said:
I personally wish somebody would hook these two to a truth-serum drip so that we could get the real skinny on what happened, and I'd be willing to bet that it would have more melodrama and skullduggery than the average season of Survivor but for now we have to be satisfied with whatever scraps that either one of these two con artists sees fit to toss us.

Bill vs Bill

Something about this matchup seems very familiar...I can't quite put my finger on it...
The closely guarded secret plans...
The psychological gamesmanship....
The elaborate scheming and counter scheming....
I know we've seen this before, but where.....I've got it!

Bill vs Bill

I have grown accustomed to Belichick's calm demeanor. His calculating way he points out an opponents strong points and focus's on the real aspects of the game. Both he and Parcells have this ability. Even thought the two have not gotten along very well the last few years you have to think that they have both rubbed off on each other as they worked their 15 years together.
Parcells seems to be connected to raw emotion more then Belichick. I think that connection to field rage is a weak point for Parcells. I believe that emotions play an important role when you are on the field as a player but I think when you are on the sidelines coaching... a fit of anger will waste precious time when it is time to think clearly. Sure I have seen BB get pissed on the sidelines but he exerts control over those emotions. His head is always in the game as it should be.
I would rather have a coach that has the ability to weigh decisions appropriately even in the most heated battle then a coach who is seething over with anger and perhaps makes an error in judgment because of it.

Re: Bill vs Bill

Ballbustah said:
I have grown accustomed to Belichick's calm demeanor. His calculating way he points out an weigh decisions appropriately even in the most heated battle then a coach who is seething over with anger and perhaps makes an error in judgment because of it.

This is an interesting point about Belichick. How is he able to get the troops motivated when what we see is that relatively flat and controlled image?

If teams are supposed to reflect their coaches personalities, then how do the Pats play with such emotion and intensity?

Could it be that he has found the formula to let the team get themselves pumped up without having to artificially do it by ranting and raving like pantload Bill used to do?

I think with this game being labeled as BillvsBill, or Glenn vs everything he hates about NE, or any other pregame smack, the raw truth is that both teams could easily be 4-5 instead of 7-2 right now. The winner of this game will receive credibility while the loser will be questioned in every newspaper and TV show in America. That's why this is an important game. Not because of any old rivalries, but because a loss could be very hard to rebound from, and the players on the losing team may start to question their record and abilities as the media will undoubtedly be doing all week. Personal rivalries will just be icing on the cake!

bighit36 said:
I think with this game being labeled as BillvsBill, or Glenn vs everything he hates about NE, or any other pregame smack, the raw truth is that both teams could easily be 4-5 instead of 7-2 right now. The winner of this game will receive credibility while the loser will be questioned in every newspaper and TV show in America. That's why this is an important game.

Both teams are surviving on a combination of good coaching and "pluckiness" if that is a word. (Defined as displaying the quality of being "plucky"). Both teams are hanging on by a thread and there isn't a lot separating them from the 5-4 teams or even the 4-5 teams. Parity is reaching epidemic proportions. How many 8-8 teams will there be this year? In time we will certainly see an 8-8 team in the playoffs (If two teams end up atop their division at 8-8 for instance). How do you decide which of those should go on to the playoffs? That's where the league needs to look at the playoff rules more closely. Best divisional record seems a weak reason to promote any one team over another; one loss is as good as another. Maybe they should use strength of schedule, but that gets meaningless when all the teams are a game apart?

Back