Boston sports warblings

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
1. So it's hard to imagine that the dominant Pats thought could be anything other Great Offense/Horrendous Defense.

2. The Meriwether lovers could point to the pick but I think the bashers still have it right. Meriwether makes some plays -- good -- but I think he's often way out of position and ultimately a pretty bad player.

3. Tough day for the Maroney Hand Wringers though I acknowledge that it's early. When Taylor and Morris go down, the MHW will have their day. For now, though, I'll take the diversified offense, the multi headed running attack and not miss Dancing Larry one bit.

4. That Brady to Moss 35-yarder was a thing of freaking beauty. Let's count the ways. Tons of time by the line. Perfect adjustment and toss by Our Tom. Great concentration by Moss with a man chasing him, another in front of him (or behind him) and the official in his field of vision.

5. As much as some of us kill BB for many of his crappy drafts post-SB 39, and as much as he deserves a lot of criticism for same, that he came up with two TEs this good in the 2010 draft is amazing. Who doesn't absolutely love seeing those two guys get the ball?

6. Love the Wes, of course, but he's had more drops in three games than he had all of last season. Odd.

7. Nice to see Ghost kick a FG.

8. We all love Faulk but he was not remotely missed yesterday. Not all days will be like that and there will be times when he'd be just the right guy. But this Woodhead fellow is fun to watch and seems very heads up and they just have so many weapons and options.

9. That FG drive at the end of the first half was redunkulous. Two great throws and two great catches. Vintage Tommy.

10. Imagine if Harvard Ryan doesn't air mail those two throws.

11. The Jets winning was only bad from my perspective. One, I hate them will all my fiber and hope they all get Aggressive Horse AIDS. Two, I think they are better than Miami and them getting on a roll isn't good. Three, it happened within moments of the MFYs victory over the Sox, which somehow made it worse.

12. I know the Sox were out of it before last night began but the MFYs and their fans were starting to grip and that was VERY enjoyable. I will now have to put off my Yankee schadenfreude for Yankee Elimination Day.

13. I note Paps' whining about the calls last night. One, he was right, he got F'd. He DID have Alice struck out. Two, interesting that neither VMart or Tito backed him and in fact did the opposite, effectively. Three, 8 blown saves is a horrific number...see ya, I suspect (and sort of hope). Four, STFU Paps. You've been too crappy to get any sympathy now.

14. Now that Savvy is out indefinitely, the whole trading him thing seems kind of dirty.

15. I recently saw about 10 minutes of game one of the 2008 NBA Finals while flicking thru channels. The KG of the 2010 Finals looked NOTHING like the 2008 version. Seeing him now almost makes you forget what an absolute beast he was then. If Kevin was remotely like his 2008 self in 2010, the Cs would have won game 7 with ease. It's impossible to understate the KG difference.

16. I'm more pumped about this Cs team than I am about anything else in Boston sports. I love how much depth they seem to have (except behind Pierce and even there, it's possible that they'll cobble it together with Daniels, Avery, Wafer and Delonte).

17. OKI walking in the winning run last night was both perfect and incredibly weak at the same time.

18. The huge silver lining in that game is that the Running Red Sox totally exposed George Posada and the Fruit Bat to an extent. I hope that TX, Minny or Tamper see that and just run wild on them.

19. This Vick thing is kind of remarkable.

20. The NY Giants are awful. Good. Assholes. Them. The coach. Their fans. The whole lot of them.

21. Who didn't throw up in their mouth when Vollmer went out for a series? The line is quietly doing very well. Tom hasn't had this much time since 07.

22. Was there much of a chance that the Pats were not going to score after Tom picked up a first down by himself and then celebrated SB 38 style?

23. Gronk must be having SOME difficulty picking up the offense as it seems to me that he'd be out there even more if not.

24. As much as I loved Moss' second TD catch, was it any surprise when he didn't get that Tate fumble? Somehow, Randy at the bottom of a pile is not someone I'd bet on.

25. Have we seen a worse Pats D since 1994? And please don't accuse me of overreacting. What we're seeing is exactly what I expected before the season started. The Bengals game gave me a sliver of hope but it's hard to see Peyton and other elite QBs not utterly destroying that D. The Pats only hope is that the offense can play enough keep away.

26. Nice game for the Law Firm. Just when I think he's going to sink back into obscurity.....

Happy rainy Monday, sports fans.

14. Now that Savvy is out indefinitely, the whole trading him thing seems kind of dirty.

He didn't have the post concusion problems until late in the summer, they talked of trading him long before that.

He didn't have the post concusion problems until late in the summer, they talked of trading him long before that.
they only happened when he upped his workouts- typical for concussions - so the B's did nothing dirty

it is no secret Cam doesn't love Savard

2. The Meriwether lovers could point to the pick but I think the bashers still have it right. Meriwether makes some plays -- good -- but I think he's often way out of position and ultimately a pretty bad player.like he admitted on WEEI last week, he doesn't 'do his job' and gets out of position - see screen for TD

4. That Brady to Moss 35-yarder was a thing of freaking beauty. Let's count the ways. Tons of time by the line. Perfect adjustment and toss by Our Tom. Great concentration by Moss with a man chasing him, another in front of him (or behind him) and the official in his field of vision.making it more difficult was both Moss and tate, i beleive, made the same adjustment to the 'v' route and eneded up converging - Tom said Randy asked this question before the game and he told Randy it will never happen

6. Love the Wes, of course, but he's had more drops in three games than he had all of last season. Odd.not really..he is thinking too much about his knee still...takes a year to get it out of ones mind

8. We all love Faulk but he was not remotely missed yesterday. Not all days will be like that and there will be times when he'd be just the right guy. But this Woodhead fellow is fun to watch and seems very heads up and they just have so many weapons and options.only because the Bills defense sucks more than the patriots, a good team he will be missed

13. I note Paps' whining about the calls last night. One, he was right, he got F'd. He DID have Alice struck out. Two, interesting that neither VMart or Tito backed him and in fact did the opposite, effectively. Three, 8 blown saves is a horrific number...see ya, I suspect (and sort of hope). Four, STFU Paps. You've been too crappy to get any sympathy now.contract worries.. bu the will get a raise

16. I'm more pumped about this Cs team than I am about anything else in Boston sports. I love how much depth they seem to have (except behind Pierce and even there, it's possible that they'll cobble it together with Daniels, Avery, Wafer and Delonte).the east is a beast division - justlike that is becomes the place to be

19. This Vick thing is kind of remarkable.amazing actually that a year off may have helped him

21. Who didn't throw up in their mouth when Vollmer went out for a series? The line is quietly doing very well. Tom hasn't had this much time since 07.neal has been missing a few series

22. Was there much of a chance that the Pats were not going to score after Tom picked up a first down by himself and then celebrated SB 38 style? emotion is good at times

23. Gronk must be having SOME difficulty picking up the offense as it seems to me that he'd be out there even more if not.

24. As much as I loved Moss' second TD catch, was it any surprise when he didn't get that Tate fumble? Somehow, Randy at the bottom of a pile is not someone I'd bet on.he made an effort, that is something

26. Nice game for the Law Firm. Just when I think he's going to sink back into obscurity..... Troy Brown loves this guy...he keeps building him up from early in camp on...as does Fred Taylor who says BJGE is told once how to last in the NFL and does it unlike other players who have been here

Happy rainy Monday, sports fans.

happy rainy day :thwak:

enjoy

It's hard to believe that for 2 seasons, Hideki Okajima was as good at his job as any other player in MLB was. And yet now, he's as bad as any player at his job. Brutal.

Back