Brady is a bum

He predicted that Brady's play would significantly decline no later than half way through the 2017 season. If you doubt this (which a lot of people would) then you are betting against the history of the NFL and saying Brady would be the first 40 year old QB to play at a high level. It's a sound point, but I happen to think Brady will be the first QB to do this.

Agree.

Is Brady on the down side yet?

I'd say no.

And he takes care of himself like none we've seen yet. And has not had a significant injury outside of the ACL, which any athlete can get and for a pocket passer is minimal in its long term impact.

He could easily go 3 more IMO.

3 things are certain death , taxes & ESPN hatred of the pats .

Agree.

Is Brady on the down side yet?

I'd say no.

And he takes care of himself like none we've seen yet. And has not had a significant injury outside of the ACL, which any athlete can get and for a pocket passer is minimal in its long term impact.

He could easily go 3 more IMO.

The biggest factor IMO is the type of game Brady plays. He is a pure pocket passer who throws short to mid-range passes. As long as he keeps a decent amount of of velocity on his throws, I don't see why he can't play for at least 3-4 years maybe longer. The Pats would not have extended him if they thought he would be finished at age 40 and they are an org that always moves on a year early from aging vets.

And the ManninHGH comparison is awful by this boob at ESPN. Pey Pey* had multiple neck surgeries and needed HGH just to get back on the field and of course once the NFL started testing for HGH he fell off the cliff. His decline was not due to father time as much as horrific injury on top of HGH testing. Apples to oranges IMO. A better comparison is Favre who never lost his fast ball until age 41 and even then it was more that he was mentally checked out than anything else from too many hits and too much drama. Elway was another QB that never lost it and could have come back in 1999 but he did not want to do it anymore either. Brady is a rare bird in that his competitive drive is like no other. He said one of his goals is to play longer than people expect him to so we will see if he gets there. I think he will.

Just another self-promoting media whore looking for the big beautiful "I told you so" banner, out on a pointless limb hoping 1. To get attention/hits (working), and 2. Maybe someone thinks he's smart.

There a bagful of those clowns every single year. So someday someone will GUESS right.

A previous poster said we expect him to go on n on n on n on. We didn't say that. We certainly know he's well into the back nine. We just don't know whether he's onthe 16th tee or the eighteenth green. and neither does Kellerman.

What we've said is that he's just another smelly orifice type media guy.

PFF Sam Monson said Brady was done in June of 2014. SB baby!
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11020311/tom-brady-no-longer-top-5-qb-nfl

PFF Sam Monson said Brady is the 2nd best QB (to ARogers) in the NFL in 2016.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-101-best-nfl-players-right-now/

Max Kellerman became a nationally known figure in NFL football with that one single rant which is, of course, what he wanted. Same old same old with that network.

Much ado about nothing imo.

Max Kellerman became a nationally known figure in NFL football with that one single rant which is, of course, what he wanted. Same old same old with that network.

Much ado about nothing imo.

Wasn't that the name of the guy that owned the resort in the Catskills from Dirty Dancing?

Wasn't that the name of the guy that owned the resort in the Catskills from Dirty Dancing?

CheersYes. Played by Jack Westin, so good in the original Thomas Crown Affair.

Back