Bruins Lookin good!

They're 1-1. Excuse me if I don't go buy a Bruins foam finger, LOL. Get back to me in, oh, I dunno... January, and we'll talk again.

I heard they were going to suck this year...and it's way too early to tell who's good and who's not.

They remind me of the Patriots pre-1993. No hope. No Fans. No press, except bad press.

Then boom. EVERYONE has been a pats fan since 1960. ;)

Like I said, when they start contending again, I want to keep being able to walk up to the arena and get a cheap ticket 5 minutes before faceoff.

For the Record.....it's proabably not going to be a good year. The thread was a joke. DUH. Pay attention you knuckleheads

Claremonster on 10-09-2007 at 02:36 PM said:
Cool. I havn't gotten to watch a Bruins game in some time, but I'm glad they are doing well :)

:spock: They've played 2 games. They're .500 (1-1). I'm not sure that constitutes "doing well".

Now, if this had been a "Celtics look good!" thread I'd agree. Hell, they haven't even played a game, and with the New Big Three they'll generate a hell of a lot more excitement than the Bruins. The Bruins, in a word, suck. They've sucked for decades. The last time they were relevant they had guys named Bourque, Neely, and Oates; the time before that, they had guys named Orr, Esposito, Cheevers, and Cashman. And I find it hilarious that for first-level seating they're asking EIGHTY FOUR TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. For a shit team that's done jack shit since the 1970's and has a shitty owner and plays 82 games a year. They have gargantuan balls. JMO.

JD10367 on 10-09-2007 at 11:45 AM said:
:spock: They've played 2 games. They're .500 (1-1). I'm not sure that constitutes "doing well".

Now, if this had been a "Celtics look good!" thread I'd agree. Hell, they haven't even played a game

Well, .500 is better than 0-2 :)

That being said, The Celtics are currently undefeated! :D

I heard that hockey has its swagger back (actually it was Pee King bemoaning the amount of fighting in the preseason games).

Is this true? Will it continue into the regular season? Will it last?

Could the Big Bad Bruins make a comeback in this town?

Life WOULD be great!!

JD10367 on 10-09-2007 at 02:45 PM said:

Now, if this had been a "Celtics look good!" thread I'd agree. Hell, they haven't even played a game, and with the New Big Three they'll generate a hell of a lot more excitement than the Bruins. The Bruins, in a word, suck. They've sucked for decades. The last time they were relevant they had guys named Bourque, Neely, and Oates; the time before that, they had guys named Orr, Esposito, Cheevers, and Cashman. And I find it hilarious that for first-level seating they're asking EIGHTY FOUR TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. For a shit team that's done jack shit since the 1970's and has a shitty owner and plays 82 games a year. They have gargantuan balls. JMO.

Im sorry I still watch them...My bad! Lighten the **** up.

If you see a Bruins comment from me, plz, suffice it to say idc what you think. :thumb:

FU TOM on 10-09-2007 at 03:02 PM said:
I heard that hockey has its swagger back (actually it was Pee King bemoaning the amount of fighting in the preseason games).

Is this true? Will it continue into the regular season? Will it last?

Could the Big Bad Bruins make a comeback in this town?

Life WOULD be great!!

The Bruins have had 2 fights so far this season, it took about 20 games last year to get to 2...they aren't talented enough to be good and aren't tough enough to be entertaining..

paperhanger on 10-10-2007 at 02:29 PM said:
If the puck drops and nobody is there to see it, does it really drop? Who cares about hockey?

There are literally hundreds of people who care about hockey, not even including the players

The*Big*Lebowski on 10-09-2007 at 02:23 PM said:
:Bruins: no....Really! They are. :thumb::Bruins:

Take it easy Lebowski. One win against the Coyotes doesn't erase 30 of terrible management. Give it time.

Maybe you got confused because you tuned it and so those awesome new uni's and thought it was to 72' team.

Re: Re: Bruins Lookin good!

BobKraftsCoozie on 10-10-2007 at 02:43 PM said:
Take it easy Lebowski. One win against the Coyotes doesn't erase 30 of terrible management. Give it time.

Maybe you got confused because you tuned it and so those awesome new uni's and thought it was to 72' team.

thats another thing, new friggin' uni's again. more marketing ploys from the head office. and I thought it would end when they dumped O'Connell.

Back