Catch all for posts moved from the Circus

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
It would be a fascinating thread to discuss the different pressures facing a player drafted later who has no expectations and is expected to fail vs a top pick who is expected to deliver championships. Brady has talked about the chips on his shoulder he gets from the doubters but most guys IMO buckle under that weight. Then you have Manning who was always supposed to be great choking in big moment playoff games.

In terms of Mac, I have come over to River's point of view that it would be good for Mac to sit this year and learn. A better comparison IMO than Brady who was 6th round and 4th on our depth chart as a rookie, would be Mahomes. He was taken at #10 and Chiefs fans wanted him to play. He has talked about how valuable it was to learn from Alex Smith that first year and remember that Chiefs roster was playoff caliber.

I am not sure if Bill IMO can get away all season sitting Mac but he was able to do it last year with the fans/media clamoring loud for Stidham.

I believe, and in my opinion, Bill will ride Cam as long as he is respectable and not costing us games. In other words, we may need to give Mo Lewis a call if we want to see Mac. Lol

You now believe Mac should sit a year? You believe he is better compared to Mahomes than Brady because of draft number? You believe he is better compared to Mahomes than Brady because of fans clamoring for him to play? Those are your reasons?

Worried he might be really good and reflect well on BB/Josh?

Worried he may tarnish TFB’s playing legacy here somehow (impossible) by being really good right out of the gate?

Which? Both?

Who the hell knows what Mac Jones will end up doing in the NFL. But whatever it is, it must not be compared to Brady and it can’t make BB smart for drafting him and developing him.

Can’t be allowed.

You now believe Mac should sit a year? You believe he is better compared to Mahomes than Brady because of draft number? You believe he is better compared to Mahomes than Brady because of fans clamoring for him to play? Those are your reasons?

Worried he may tarnish TFB’s playing legacy here somehow (impossible) by being really good right out of the gate?

Which? Both?

Who the hell knows what Mac Jones will end up doing in the NFL. But whatever it is, it must not be compared to Brady and it can’t make BB smart for drafting him and developing him.

Can’t be allowed.
UT - can you move this post to the Brady forum? We don't need this thread derailed. Thanks.

Which? Both?

Can’t be allowed.
Can you imagine what that scenario would look like, where he tarnishes TFB's playing legacy by being significantly better out out of the gate? He wins 5 straight SBs in his first 5 years as a starter, and someone posts (Ironically? Hopefully? But it's hard to tell, there's no coffee guy) "Man look at that loser Tom Brady, took him 17 years to win 5 SBs, Mac Jones did it in 5 years, sucks we didn't have a better QB during most of the Belichick years"

The rest of the NFL would absolutely HATE us :rofl: . Sadly I don't think that's going to happen, and though the future is unknown, I doubt Mac Jones will do so much better than 3 Super Bowls in 4 years to start his career that it somehow 'tarnishes' the legacy of TFB.

Can you imagine what that scenario would look like, where he tarnishes TFB's playing legacy by being significantly better out out of the gate? He wins 5 straight SBs in his first 5 years as a starter, and someone posts (Ironically? Hopefully? But it's hard to tell, there's no coffee guy) "Man look at that loser Tom Brady, took him 17 years to win 5 SBs, Mac Jones did it in 5 years, sucks we didn't have a better QB during most of the Belichick years"

The rest of the NFL would absolutely HATE us :rofl: . Sadly I don't think that's going to happen, and though the future is unknown, I doubt Mac Jones will do so much better than 3 Super Bowls in 4 years to start his career that it somehow 'tarnishes' the legacy of TFB.

I can't either and I wasn't predicting it at all.

That is how irrational the worry about it is/would be.

And that is the point.

Thanks UT!! Love the thread title. LOL

8 threads on Brady in this sub forum??!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And some people don't think Brady posts weren't an issue on the main Patriots forum?!

8 threads on Brady in this sub forum??!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And some people don't think Brady posts weren't an issue on the main Patriots forum?!
I think there were other posters who wanted to talk about Brady besides myself and Inspector but were fearful of the back lash on the main board.

I am excited about this sub forum as a way to talk about Brady freely and away from the Pats.
It was a great idea by UT.

I think there were other posters who wanted to talk about Brady besides myself and Inspector but were fearful of the back lash on the main board.

I am excited about this sub forum as a way to talk about Brady freely and away from the Pats.
It was a great idea by UT.

I'm not sure that's true at all. In fact, I know it's not true.

Brady will always be in the DNA of this organization and he will be discussed in a reasonable manner and where appropriate. However, we have one friend who just told me he just left completely until one of you 2 disappear and stop wrecking threads.

Take it for what it's worth but you guys are driving quality contributors away.

I'm sorry to hear that John.

It is my hope that having this forum will serve to take some of the contentious Brady/BB debate out of the main forum resulting in far less derailed threads.

It is my hope that having this forum will serve to take some of the contentious Brady/BB debate out of the main forum resulting in far less derailed threads.

Yeah, and thank you for the great effort. I have a sincere belief and hope this new direction will curtail what has been going on. I let our friend know and he is reconsidering his decision, I think.

It is my goal to ensure Brady specific convos end up here. I will certainly do my part.

The Cliff Notes version was that he (IMO) checked out on his teammates during the 2019 season by failing to give his best effort on the field while plotting his exit strategy. I paid 1300 bucks to sit in the stands and watch him throw the ball away anytime anybody got close to him. That was the worst thing -- he phoned in an entire season while preserving himself for his next team.

The other thing that stuck in my craw is that he refused to mention this team by name, using euphemisms like "the team I used to be employed by" (multiple times) in a very offended, prissy way, which was pathetic. There have been plenty of great QBs like Peyton and Favre that played for different teams and you never saw them acting like that. Everybody knows what team he played for, but he wasn't going to foul the air by speaking the name of the team that helped him become the GOAT, etc., etc.

There are plenty of other examples I could cite of his ego running amok, but it bothered me that he got slavish adulation from the fans here for two decades and never really showed us who he was as a person, always acting like he was on point and being very careful with every syllable that escaped his mouth. Then he goes to Tampa for one season and is yucking it up with Gronkie like he's a stand-up comic and getting shitfaced in public. He was a grown-ass man here and CHOSE to be a football robot, yet he gloats that now he's finally free to express himself.

I'm done with making excuses for that High Elf. I can't wait to cash in on my game 4 ticket and let some rube pay two grand to sit there and watch the biggest phony in Patriots history.

I'll put this here, but I did feel it was worth responding to this, as frankly I don't think I agree with any of it.

"He checked out" - The guy met with his teammates to practice outside of team activities. He threw for 3x the TDs (24 vs 8) Cam did last year with much the same as far as offensive weapons, and nearly 2x the yards (4000 vs 2600). He led us to 12 wins (instead of 7), and unlike Rodgers, even if he WAS "planning his exit", never said a word to the media to express dissatisfaction with the team, the coach, the organization, or otherwise sow dissent or reduce their chance to win. Here's Jakobi Meyers talking about working with Tom, who blew a gasket after failed execution on a play (not something typically seen when someone is checked out)

"Threw the ball away any time someone got close" - He still does that, that's how he's still playing at 44. Brees took a good hit last year, stood in there despite no one being open and someone getting close, and broke several ribs, and is now retired from football. Brady chose 100% of the time to live to fight another day, and not only did he play for more games than Cam did last year and put up Way better numbers, but on a team able to support that philosophy with offensive weapons able to consistently and quickly get open, he still won a Super Bowl, so clearly that strategy is not "phoning it in" in and of itself, right?

"Refused to mention this team by name" - That is simply not true, he has on many occasions. Here's a couple of quotes from the time since he's moved on:

'"I had an incredible 20 years. I wouldn't change anything over the course of 20 years that were magical and all the relationships that I developed," Brady told reporters earlier in the week. "Those shaped me into who I am as a person [and] as a player. My kids were born in Boston [and] I have great affection for the city and everything that Boston has meant to me and my family. All of New England – not just Boston."

"I didn't even know where New England was when I got picked by New England – that was always a funny story," Brady said. "They called me and said, 'You've been picked by New England.' I was like, 'That's amazing! Where is New England?' I landed in Providence [Rhode Island], which really screwed me up because that's not even in Massachusetts. It was a great 20 years."'

"I have a great deal of respect for, there's nobody who's been a bigger fan of Patriots than me," Brady said. "So, I have nothing but total respect and love. I'm so grateful to Mr. Kraft and the organization and coach Belichick and all the coaches and obviously all my teammates. It's been a lot of days responding to incredible text messages from my teammates, from former teammates, from just a lot of the great people that I've got to meet over the years."

Those are just some of them, there are many, many others. The narrative that he's refusing to mention the Patriots by name is just untrue.

"Chose to be a football robot, now he gloats that he's finally able to express himself" - I think it's fair to say that the Patriots media policy and the Bucs media policies differ, right? Belichick has talked about it many times, and indeed preaches over and over to his players to BE very careful with every syllabal that escapes their mouth. So him doing so, is not a knock on him, since it's by design in accordance with the desires of the team, right? The Bucs clearly don't care, which is in my opinion unwise. However, him taking advantage of that, and Enjoying taking advantage of that, how is that a knock on him either? Not once have I heard a complaint about how the Patriots "stifled" him or "forced" him to act in a certain way, as you say, a grown ass man, who made his own choices. But how is any of that bad?

"Biggest phony in Patriots history" - A phony: "Something not genuine, not what something is said to be, fraudulent". What Tom Brady is said to be: A Maniacal worker, fantastic teammate, the GOAT, obsessive compulsive about his mechanics, his diet, and taking care of his body, and a winner who demands excellence from those around him. What part of that is not genuine or is fraudulent?

Obviously folks are free to feel whatever they're going to feel and believe whatever they want to believe. I just think that the amount of reality warping being done to justify those feelings can be excessive. Brady did not phone it in, does not refuse to mention the Patriots by name, and is not gloating and never has. If you want an example of what it would look like if he was, look at Aaron Rodgers.

I'll put this here, but I did feel it was worth responding to this, as frankly I don't think I agree with any of it.

"He checked out" - The guy met with his teammates to practice outside of team activities. He threw for 3x the TDs (24 vs 8) Cam did last year with much the same as far as offensive weapons, and nearly 2x the yards (4000 vs 2600). He led us to 12 wins (instead of 7), and unlike Rodgers, even if he WAS "planning his exit", never said a word to the media to express dissatisfaction with the team, the coach, the organization, or otherwise sow dissent or reduce their chance to win. Here's Jakobi Meyers talking about working with Tom, who blew a gasket after failed execution on a play (not something typically seen when someone is checked out)

"Threw the ball away any time someone got close" - He still does that, that's how he's still playing at 44. Brees took a good hit last year, stood in there despite no one being open and someone getting close, and broke several ribs, and is now retired from football. Brady chose 100% of the time to live to fight another day, and not only did he play for more games than Cam did last year and put up Way better numbers, but on a team able to support that philosophy with offensive weapons able to consistently and quickly get open, he still won a Super Bowl, so clearly that strategy is not "phoning it in" in and of itself, right?

"Refused to mention this team by name" - That is simply not true, he has on many occasions. Here's a couple of quotes from the time since he's moved on:

'"I had an incredible 20 years. I wouldn't change anything over the course of 20 years that were magical and all the relationships that I developed," Brady told reporters earlier in the week. "Those shaped me into who I am as a person [and] as a player. My kids were born in Boston [and] I have great affection for the city and everything that Boston has meant to me and my family. All of New England – not just Boston."

"I didn't even know where New England was when I got picked by New England – that was always a funny story," Brady said. "They called me and said, 'You've been picked by New England.' I was like, 'That's amazing! Where is New England?' I landed in Providence [Rhode Island], which really screwed me up because that's not even in Massachusetts. It was a great 20 years."'

"I have a great deal of respect for, there's nobody who's been a bigger fan of Patriots than me," Brady said. "So, I have nothing but total respect and love. I'm so grateful to Mr. Kraft and the organization and coach Belichick and all the coaches and obviously all my teammates. It's been a lot of days responding to incredible text messages from my teammates, from former teammates, from just a lot of the great people that I've got to meet over the years."

Those are just some of them, there are many, many others. The narrative that he's refusing to mention the Patriots by name is just untrue.

"Chose to be a football robot, now he gloats that he's finally able to express himself" - I think it's fair to say that the Patriots media policy and the Bucs media policies differ, right? Belichick has talked about it many times, and indeed preaches over and over to his players to BE very careful with every syllabal that escapes their mouth. So him doing so, is not a knock on him, since it's by design in accordance with the desires of the team, right? The Bucs clearly don't care, which is in my opinion unwise. However, him taking advantage of that, and Enjoying taking advantage of that, how is that a knock on him either? Not once have I heard a complaint about how the Patriots "stifled" him or "forced" him to act in a certain way, as you say, a grown ass man, who made his own choices. But how is any of that bad?

"Biggest phony in Patriots history" - A phony: "Something not genuine, not what something is said to be, fraudulent". What Tom Brady is said to be: A Maniacal worker, fantastic teammate, the GOAT, obsessive compulsive about his mechanics, his diet, and taking care of his body, and a winner who demands excellence from those around him. What part of that is not genuine or is fraudulent?

Obviously folks are free to feel whatever they're going to feel and believe whatever they want to believe. I just think that the amount of reality warping being done to justify those feelings can be excessive. Brady did not phone it in, does not refuse to mention the Patriots by name, and is not gloating and never has. If you want an example of what it would look like if he was, look at Aaron Rodgers.

No justifying my feelings in an unrealistic manner here. I have my own eyes to see and my own mind which thinks. And I just know that I was completely ready for this divorce.

Just my 2 pennies of course. :)

I stand behind what I wrote 100%.

However you view him and the end of his career here, you suggesting that I'm lying or delusional because he wouldn't say the name "Patriots" in an interview really pisses me off.

It most definitely happened, so, kindly fuck off with those quotes. I listened to that interview very much as I described (several times because I couldn't believe he could be that much of a prick) but I wouldn't waste two seconds of my time going on a web safari to find a link to "prove" myself to you or anybody else.

I don't care what he said subsequent to that interview, but, a plausible explanation (to me) is that one of his Lifestyle Gurus told him that appearing bitter and vindictive in public would foul up his chakras and his image so he changed his tune.

Your own "reality warping" is in confusing the Tom Brady that actually was a great competitor, leader and teammate with the cranky, disinterested bitch that he was over his last year here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back