Christmas Lights - Where are they?

Skellington

Reaction score
Every year my wife and I like to drive around and take a look at the Christmas Light decorations that people put up. Lately, it's been all the same houses and there hasn't really been anything new.

Where are some good light displays around Manchester, NH?

I heard something about a Rockvale Ave or Rockvale Rd in Tewksbury MA which is supposed to be really nice but I'd like to hear confirmation on that if anyone lives near there.

We went to the Gift of Lights at NHMS and that was nice although it was a little short.

Any one have any suggestions??popcorn

Every year my wife and I like to drive around and take a look at the Christmas Light decorations that people put up. Lately, it's been all the same houses and there hasn't really been anything new.

Where are some good light displays around Manchester, NH?

I heard something about a Rockvale Ave or Rockvale Rd in Tewksbury MA which is supposed to be really nice but I'd like to hear confirmation on that if anyone lives near there.

We went to the Gift of Lights at NHMS and that was nice although it was a little short.

Any one have any suggestions??popcorn

I've been to Rockvale Ave and there's another one in the next town over (forget the name, will check with the Mrs. when I get home). We make an annual pilgramage to these two streets each year (perhaps this weekend). In the past few years, both streets have been tree-men-does, but last year one had an off year, I forget which one. Let me try to get more details later tonight.

For the record, but its a longer haul, you cannot beat the lights at the La Sallete (spelling) Shrine in Attleboro (North Attleboro maybe). Kicks the crap outta anything else I've seen.

Right here yo...

388080_10150412426787401_728742400_8926393_885290828_n.jpg

I've been to Rockvale Ave and there's another one in the next town over (forget the name, will check with the Mrs. when I get home). We make an annual pilgramage to these two streets each year (perhaps this weekend). In the past few years, both streets have been tree-men-does, but last year one had an off year, I forget which one. Let me try to get more details later tonight.

For the record, but its a longer haul, you cannot beat the lights at the La Sallete (spelling) Shrine in Attleboro (North Attleboro maybe). Kicks the crap outta anything else I've seen.

I've been to the La Salette in Enfield, NH when I was younger but never to the Attleboro one. Is that a walk-through or a drive-through?

Thank you for the other info. Whatever else you come up with would be appreciated.

I am going there tonight, a birthday party followed by a walk of the shrine and a mug of hot chocolate

Okay, in years past, there were two roads in Tewksbury worth checking out.

Cabot Road and Rockvale Road. I'm guessing they are about 5 miles apart.

A few (think 6 or so) years back my wife and I saw a report on the local news about Cabot Road and thought we would check it out. It was on the way there that we passed by Rockvale Road. Both were magnificent. Dead-ends or Cul-de-sacs with about 15 to 20 houses on each road with nearly every house done to the 9's. There was basically a line to get into each one (not too long). You would go down, round the cul-de-sac and come back up the other side of the street. One house was collecting for the Travis Roy fund (the reason it was on the news). Also, there was one house with a Santa out front and if you had a youngster in your car, you could roll down your window and he'd give the child a beanie baby or something small (maybe a candy cane) for them to enjoy. Another house had a enclosed wooden cabinet with animated puppets singing and moving around. Both roads had a lot to offer.

So here is where my memory gets fuzzy. We did both road every year. We'd plan time on a Saturday and swing by both. Last year, it seemed that one of them was less magnificent than before, with maybe a couple of houses lit up, but not something you couldn't see in dozens of other neighborhoods in the surrounding towns. I'm not sure if it was a one-year kinda thing or if folks perhaps moved. Anyway, my wife thinks Cabot was downhill, but my memory says Rockvale. (When in doubt, trust my wife). But I can't guarantee both are still there.

Here is Rockvale Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnyp1411Rkw

This appears when I youtubed Cabot Street, but I think it's Rockvale, but notice one of the comments at the bottom references Cabot Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEVZGexjg-U

Here is an article referencing one house on Cabot Street...

http://www.wickedlocal.com/tewksbury/news/x1817172444#axzz1gkeVdG5H

My kids want me to take them Tuesday... So we know what i will be doing Tuesday night!!

Get there as early as you can (the closer to 6 the better). I like to go through early in Dec because the crowds are usually ridiculous this close to Christmas. Also make sure you come in on the Millis end or you'll get routed past the place and get stuck forever. I learned that one the hard way.

I think we're gonna check out Zoo Lights at the Stone Zoo tonight.

Back