Colts fans/writers still don't get it

I feel like the real reason the Colts can't beat the Patriots is because they haven't had a lead on them in the last four games, but that's just me.

If I'm missing something be sure to let me know, ok?

If the next game is a tie then I'm, confident they will whine hard enough for the NFL to award them a victory because they really wish they won.

That just shows poor leadership to me. This game is kill or be killed. Dungy had four plays according to the article to make adjustments and failed to do so. Running to the league office and crying about it doesn't really show much leadership in my eyes. What are they going to blame the ass whooping they recieve on the 9th on? Great timing too, give Beliceck months in advance to prepare for rule adjustments, thank you Tony! The only thing I can say for the officials is you'd better call it both ways, because we've got some damn fast recievers.

Eh, as long as Marvin is eating turf after every catch, I'll be happy.

they'll blame it on "pay-me-a-ton had to wait and watch the patriots raise the SB XXXVIII banner".

how does anybody expect him to play under those circumstances???

The cold?

Heh, Heh. Yeah, But the Refs can't control the weather.

Or can they? >)

Mayday Malone said:
That just shows poor leadership to me. This game is kill or be killed. Dungy had four plays according to the article to make adjustments and failed to do so. Running to the league office and crying about it doesn't really show much leadership in my eyes. What are they going to blame the ass whooping they recieve on the 9th on? Great timing too, give Beliceck months in advance to prepare for rule adjustments, thank you Tony! The only thing I can say for the officials is you'd better call it both ways, because we've got some damn fast recievers.

Eh, as long as Marvin is eating turf after every catch, I'll be happy.
Everyone knows that you play the game the way it is called (well, except for the Horsies I guess). It would be poetic justice for the Colts to get a bunch of holding calls against them in the season opener.

All the whining they are doing, reminds me of the beginning of a cartoon from eXtremeSkins.com that they posted a while back.

A First Year Primer: "Meet the Brass"
:D
________
Toyota Previa specifications

Colts fans wish the league had adopted the "points of emphasis" prior to the AFC title game last January. New England won 24-14 in snowy Foxboro, Mass., in large part by getting physical -- some would say too physical -- with Colts receivers.

Throughout the game, Patriots defenders disrupted routes and timing by reaching, grabbing, jostling. Some of the contact came well beyond the 5-yard zone.

As the Colts attempted to mount a late comeback -- down 21-14, at their own 20-yard line, less than 2 minutes remaining -- quarterback Peyton Manning sent third- and fourth-down passes in the direction of tight end Marcus Pollard. Neither found its mark. Each time Pollard was trying to disengage downfield from linebacker Roman Phifer.

"It was every play," Pollard said.

Dungy said league officials, after reviewing videotape of the game, admitted penalties should have been called on the Patriots on all four plays of the drive in question.

Overall, the Colts snapped 72 offensive plays, including 47 Manning passes. The officiating crew detected three penalties on the Patriots, all pre-snap violations.

If the officials had called penalties when they occurred, "that game would have taken two days," Pollard said.

Ofcourse the fans wish that. They want their team to win. And right, the Pats disrupted the routes only because they cheated. Not like their defense was any good...:rolleyes: And we ALL know BB cannot make a good Defense:rolleyes: And every play my ass. How about when Peyton had the ball beyond the play clock? Where was the flag huh? Every play? Bullshit. Ty Law played like a pro bowl receive-oh wait I forgot, Peyton was throwing to the Defense. My bad...It is just, he hit Law so much on those plays.

When you get picked off 4 times, please, do not try this crying ****.

Even one of the Dolts' DBs was saying he doesn't like this, what does that tell you? I can understand not allowing bump and run, the XFL proved that, but geez, let the guys go out there and play.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you want to see a lot of scores, watch an Arena League game. If you want to watch football, watch the NFL.

I'm tired of this horseshit, no pun intended.

Does anyone realize the spot the coach of the Un-shod has put his team in? He called out the Refs, plain and simple. He called out the SB coach, plain and simple. Leadership? When the Blacksmiths known as Law, Wilson, Harrison, and (Insert punisher here) de-shod the Mayflower receivers, what's to be left? Who's to cry to? You win, great, you broke our streak. Like it matters in the grand scheme. Beliceck inspired the team before the SB by holding up the 2001 trophy. Is there a most cons. games trophy? If there is, Bill will find it.

You idiot Colt fans are providing the weapon, and you don't even know it. You're telling us that we didn't win it. That's the same mistake the Steelers made after the AFCC, who won that? This our game, and I trust in Bill. I watched SamBam and Grogan, toil alongside Yaz and Rice and Dewey, but I've never had more faith in a franchise since Larry was going for #17. I don't see the Dolt's getting in our way the way Magic did. Not by using the league to judge itself nationally.

:cuss:WARNING: IT's Rantin' time!:cuss:
BionicPatriot said:
Throughout the game, Patriots defenders disrupted routes and timing by reaching, grabbing, jostling. Some of the contact came well beyond the 5-yard zone.
The way I read this is it's ok if the CB LB and Defence all flaten Pollard and the Twig like pancakes as soon as the ball is snapped. Just don't touch them over that magical 5 yard Chuck zone. Boy would I love to see M. Pollard laying on his backside after he is gang blocked as soon as the ball is snapped.

BionicPatriot said:
the Colts attempted to mount a late comeback (With) less than 2 minutes remaining. Peyton Manning sent third- and fourth-down passes in the direction of tight end Marcus Pollard. (He missed) Each time Pollard was trying to disengage downfield from linebacker Roman Phifer.

Man I am glad I am not a Colts fan. Its going to be long season for them after they lose the opening "Revenge" game during week 1. I wonder how long into the game its going to take for Peyton manning to start crying?

"Wah, they are raising the SB38 banner, Wah! Ref, make them stop, Wah!": :donkeys:

Anybody wanna bet that Jacksonville takes the AFC south followed by the Titans WITH THE COLTS CRYING THEIR WAY INTO THIRD PLACE AND NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS?

5 Yard Chuck rule Please... Like Tim Taylors toe wasen't in the crease....:Bruins:

Forgotten in all the whining over the beating inflicted on their recievers and their melon-headed Golden Boy is the fact that the front of their defense is so ripe to be overrun that it isn't even funny.

Dungy is trying to build a quick, Tampa-style D, but forgot that he needed players like Derrick Brooks, Sapp, Barber, etc.

These guys are going to be lucky to even contend with that D. Just pitiful and I am going to love every painful second of watching them go up in flames.

:fire:

I'm trying to remember where I've heard this all before...Why does this all sound so familiar?

Ah, yes...The last time the Patriots played in the AFC title game against an opponent on a roll and then whooped their arse was waaaay back in 2002. I seem to recall the Steelers spent the offseason caterwauling that the Pats got all the breaks. The losers declared that they were the better team and the eventual Super Bowl champs were lucky to have beaten them.

And to further the theory that history repeats itself, the following season the Pats opened in Gillette against the same team that had spent the Spring and Summer downplaying their superiority. So the Pats took the field with a chip on their shoulder the size of Keith Traylor and kicked the crap out of Pittsburgh in order to show who's boss.

The point is, exactly how frickin' stupid are the Colts to even think this, never mind raise the issue for public consumption? What do they think Rodney Harrison will be doing with these articles in the days leading up to Sept. 9th? Searching his heart for understanding?

While I agree with a lot of you that some Colts fans can't seem to get over the last game with the crybaby whining that the Pats "cheated".... there are just as many Pats fans that insist on bringing it up.
It was last season for Christ's sake...get over it already.

The game in week 1 should put all past excuses to rest.

Both teams will not be burdened with surmountable injuries.
Weather will NOT be a factor.
Refs will HAVE to call any defensive holding penalties beyond 5 yds.
Only reasonable advantage I see is that the Pats are playing at home, but the Colts play better on the road. So that shouldn't be that big of a deal really.

May the best team win!

dred said:
but the Colts play better on the road. So that shouldn't be that big of a deal really.

May the best team win!

Hmmm......Funny you say this when Manning is not half the QB he is on grass that he is on turf. Let alone, they go into the hardest place to win against. This game should make a good comed- oh wait I forgot, we gotta take them serius. My bad.

dred said:
While I agree with a lot of you that some Colts fans can't seem to get over the last game with the crybaby whining that the Pats "cheated".... there are just as many Pats fans that insist on bringing it up.

Only reasonable advantage I see is that the Pats are playing at home, but the Colts play better on the road. So that shouldn't be that big of a deal really.

May the best team win!

Nice try, but I still see alot of excuse making here.

Surmountable Injuries? What's that? The Pats don't make excuses based in injuries. They go out and play with whoever can walk and run.

So the problem may have been the weather? Keep in mind, the Dolts won't be in their precious climate controlled dome. Are they gonna whine if it rains, if the temp is below 60 (a likely possibility at night on Sept. 9), if its windy, if the moon is too bright. if the dew is on the grass?

The refs will be calling it both ways. And Manning will still be getting his face pressed into the turf. After a few hits, he'll be dumping the ball off to any white jersey he can find.

Home field will be big in this one. Manning will not be able to hear himself as he's going through his chicken dance at the line.

I wonder what the over/under will be on the numbers of excuses the Colts have for losing this one. I'll say 5.

Math isn't my strong point, but:
"It was every play," Pollard said.
Overall, the Colts snapped 72 offensive plays, including 47 Manning passes. The officiating crew detected three penalties on the Patriots, all pre-snap violations.
*little headscratchy smiley.*

I wouldn't think they'd include this little factoid in an article explaining that the refs lost them the game.

dred said:
The reason a lot of Pats fans (at least me anyways) like to talk about the Colts whining, is because it is amusing to us. Believe me, we're not losing sleep over what the Colts think of us.

May the best team win!
Agreed. I just think the best team is the Super Bowl Champion, New England Patriots.

BTW, Welcome to the Planet, and be sure to check out the Girlie Pictures thread.
________
vaporizer volcano

dred said:

May the best team win!

While it seemed to have died with everyone when the Pat's raised their second SB banner, it is the Colts and the Indy press that have kept this alive. (Peyton's Sunday Conversation) Seems as if every national media segment reguarding the "rule changes"(or increased attention on the 5 yard rule) cannot be aired or published without a colt comment. Why is this???

While the Pats focus shifted as soon as the 4th quarter expired, it seems Indy's has not. Whether or not this is the fuel for Week 1 remains to be seen.

I'm guessing, the only rule that will effect the final score of this game is the mercy rule.

BionicPatriot said:
Hmmm......Funny you say this when Manning is not half the QB he is on grass that he is on turf. Let alone, they go into the hardest place to win against. This game should make a good comed- oh wait I forgot, we gotta take them serius. My bad.

Half the QB on grass? Like KC, Tennessee, Tampa?
Those fields are outdoors and use grass...right?
Those places are the hardest to win as well....right?

KC being arguably the loudest place to play.
Titans were undefeated at home for the past year or two prior to us beating them last season.
Tampa game should be a no brainer. Unless most of you turned it off prior to the greatest comeback of the season.

In the past series I saw the odds favoring the Patriots in more ways than one. Colts just couldn't quite get their game together to beat the Patriots.

I blame the second loss to our lack of dedication to the run.
Manning forcing passes became all too clear by the second int.

Something tells me that this game is going to surprise a LOT of people.

Back