Confirm Undertaker #59

Should we make Undertaker #59's appointment as admin/mod permanent?

• Yea

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Opposed

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Phobia

Future exwife below
Reaction score
Website
www.chiefsplanet.com
Due to the problems with NoRespect today, I've temporarily added Undertaker #59 as an admin/mod of PatriotsPlanet. He has the necessary professional experience with software to handle any issues in the admin control panel and I'm comfortable with his ability. I'm also impressed with his dedication, passion, and initiative in resolving the problems today. I think those are all ingredients of a superb moderator for your community.

However, I don't interact with him on a daily basis. So, I'll leave it up to you. Please vote Yea if you'd like to retain him permanently as a mod or Opposed if you think he's a nutcase who will abuse his appointment.

Let me just add here, that regardless if I am retained as an Admin or not, more moderators will probably be added and will also be put to vote.

Excellent decision. I personally have total trust and respect for UT. It's an excellent start to put us back on the right road.

I need to know that he won't freak out and delete threads for no reason, or ban people for having differing views. then and only then will i back him!

Fine by me.
:thumb:

Although you should take my opinion with a grain of salt. Apparently I'm a fat dork (I'd always though of myself more as a geek).
:D
________
Ferrari GG50

bighit26 said:
I need to know that he won't freak out and delete threads for no reason, or ban people for having differing views. then and only then will i back him!

Bighit, in case you're response was serious...

UT has been a daily contributor for a very long time. Take it from those who have gotten to know him, he's the right choice.

dchester said:
Fine by me.
:thumb:

Although you should take my opinion with a grain of salt. Apparently I'm a fat dork (I'd always though of myself more as a geek).

Actually D, the problem with you is that you're from the armpit of Massachusetts (from a Fitchburg guy to a Leominster guy) :p

bideau said:
Bighit, in case you're response was serious...

UT has been a daily contributor for a very long time. Take it from those who have gotten to know him, he's the right choice.

I was just being an A-Hole. He definately has my vote. I appreciate all of UT posts, and couldn't think of a more deserving candidate!

bighit26 said:

I don't really want to stump for this. My only concern has been making sure this board continues as its a community that I have grown very fond of. I won't "freak out." Those who have dealt with me online know that.

That being said, a board like this doesn't really belong to the Admins or Mods, it belongs to the members. I am not passionate about politics or any one single issue. There are going to be arguments on here. People are going to disagree. Some feathers may get ruffled. What we need to do as a small community is define where the line is between healthy debate, fun with trolls, and abusive behaviour.

Are you seeking a no-holds barred, no moderation board? I do not think the community at large here is. I think a lot of these issues can be decided by the community.

Debate and arguments and some trolling can be fun, but there is a point at which it becomes abusive and counter productive to the community. The membership will have to decide where it wants that line to be.

My interest is serving the board and keeping it thriving. I wouldn't care too much if I wasn't wanted as an admin, as I would still enjoy myself here as a user. Obviously as an Admin, I can help direct the future direction of the board. But not with a heavy hand and not unilaterally.

Thats my piece. I didn't want to campaign for this, but I wanted to make my feelings clear.

Thank you for all your help Phobia.

UT has my vote. He put together a temporary home while this one was gone. Great job UT! :thumb:

Undertaker #59 said:
I don't really want to stump for this. My only concern has been making sure this board continues as its a community that I have grown very fond of. I won't "freak out." Those who have dealt with me online know that.

That being said, a board like this doesn't really belong to the Admins or Mods, it belongs to the members. I am not passionate about politics or any one single issue. There are going to be arguments on here. People are going to disagree. Some feathers may get ruffled. What we need to do as a small community is define where the line is between healthy debate, fun with trolls, and abusive behaviour.

Are you seeking a no-holds barred, no moderation board? I do not think the community at large here is. I think a lot of these issues can be decided by the community.

Debate and arguments and some trolling can be fun, but there is a point at which it becomes abusive and counter productive to the community. The membership will have to decide where it wants that line to be.

My interest is serving the board and keeping it thriving. I wouldn't care too much if I wasn't wanted as an admin, as I would still enjoy myself here as a user. Obviously as an Admin, I can help direct the future direction of the board. But not with a heavy hand and not unilaterally.

Thats my piece. I didn't want to campaign for this, but I wanted to make my feelings clear.

Thank you for all your help Phobia.

That's precisely the way I've always felt and that's why you have my "support". It's hard to find people like you and I to "run" a board for the right reasons. I find all the above to be the right reasons. It was a pleasure speaking to you earlier this evening. I've banned NoRespect and his IP as well. Feel free to continue banning on sight until he becomes bored.

Phobia said:
That's precisely the way I've always felt and that's why you have my "support". It's hard to find people like you and I to "run" a board for the right reasons. I find all the above to be the right reasons. It was a pleasure speaking to you earlier this evening. I've banned NoRespect and his IP as well. Feel free to continue banning on sight until he becomes bored.

Ahh Phobia, you really should have let UT do the honors. It would have been liking making his first dollar. :(

bideau said:
Ahh Phobia, you really should have let UT do the honors. It would have been liking making his first dollar. :(

Heh. I'm sure he'll have plenty of future opportunities.

bideau said:

Don't worry, we'll probably get another chance. ;)

UT,

I hope you didn't take my previous post as an attack on you. I've become far too disappointed that this great site has become stalker paradise lately, and meant no disrespect to you. I just hope that threads like Tedy Bruschi resigning will be at the top of the list, instead of idiot ramblings! I'm sure that you will do a great job in returning this forum to the football/girlie pic forum that it should be!

bighit26 said:
I hope you didn't take my previous post as an attack on you. I've become far too disappointed that this great site has become stalker paradise lately, and meant no disrespect to you. I just hope that threads like Tedy Bruschi resigning will be at the top of the list, instead of idiot ramblings! I'm sure that you will do a great job in returning this forum to the football/girlie pic forum that it should be!

No worries man. I am sure that IS an issue that several users were wondering about and you gave me to opportunity to address it. Thank you.

Undertaker #59 said:
No worries man. I am sure that IS an issue that several users were wondering about and you gave me to opportunity to address it. Thank you.

So maybe your first task as a mod shouldn't be to find out who voted against you to be a mod?

Back