Damned fires!

Do you have smart meters on your properties? Just curious...

I think its pretty much the law ( SDGE had them installed a few years back) but to be honest I don't know if my rental property has one or not.

Truly is unbelievable how many towns have been evacuated in that area.
It's actually burning 5 miles north of my rental property last I heard.

Very pretty and calm here in outskirts of San Diego, but I hear they are dealing with some strong Santa Ana winds up there. Wreaking havoc. 0% containment.

I think its pretty much the law ( SDGE had them installed a few years back) but to be honest I don't know if my rental property has one or not.

Truly is unbelievable how many towns have been evacuated in that area.
It's actually burning 5 miles north of my rental property last I heard.

Very pretty and calm here in outskirts of San Diego, but I hear they are dealing with some strong Santa Ana winds up there. Wreaking havoc. 0% containment.

Pretty sure that you can opt out of them...and they're NOT good.

I am used to bending over a lot out here.

Anyway, my thoughts aren't on meters... just people affected today and in the coming days.

About 200,000 people have been or ordered to be evacuated so far.

Very selective it seems...house gets torched...trees all around it are untouched...kinda odd, isn't it?

:coffee:

My heart goes out to all involved with these awful fires seams like every year these fires get worse....hope the fire service get these contained soon,but with the wind it will take awhile.....prayers

The entire town of Paradise, CA, in the Sierra Nevada (Northern California), has been almost entirely consumed by the Camp Fire.

The town had a population of over 26,000. For reference, that's between the populations of Mansfield and Needham in Massachusetts.

Gah.

I am used to bending over a lot out here.

Anyway, my thoughts aren't on meters... just people affected today and in the coming days.

About 200,000 people have been or ordered to be evacuated so far.

It used to be known as the "aptly named" Paradise. :coffee:

But seriously, just tragic.

BostonTim

The entire town of Paradise, CA, in the Sierra Nevada (Northern California), has been almost entirely consumed by the Camp Fire.

The town had a population of over 26,000. For reference, that's between the populations of Mansfield and Needham in Massachusetts.

Gah.

They said tonight 10 new bodies recovered in Paradise. Horrible way to go out.

I would willingly trade the snow here for down there...but, it won't happen.

They're trying to burn out specific areas in the Agenda 21 map. This isn't just willy nilly shit happens stuff either.

The Cal-Stanford Big Game(tm) that was supposed to happen in Berkeley today ... didn't happen.

Postponed for two weeks due to poor air quality in the East Bay.

And no, I am NOT comparing this to people dying or losing their homes.

I'm just pointing out another effect of these wildfires.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5Xic-OHjsWg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Such a sad, sad occurrence. I am keeping you all effected in my thoughts and prayers.

My kids have relatives out there and it is scary what’s going on.

Back