Did Adrian Wilson Just Get Cut????

Mike Onofrio ‏<s>@</s>MikeOnofrio <small class="time"> 3m </small> So happy Adrian Wilson is gone. We had 7 safeties on the roster. Wilson, 34, was making the most behind Devin McCourty. It just made sense.

Oliver Thomas ‏<s>@</s>OliverBThomas <small class="time"> 4m </small>
Adrian Wilson graded as <s>@</s>PFF's No. 2 safety in the NFL in 2011, but he has tailed off since then. 34-year-old recovering from an Achilles.

Mike Garafolo ‏<s>@</s>MikeGarafolo <small class="time"> 1m </small>
As his tweet indicated, S Adrian Wilson has been informed he'll be released by the Patriots today. Plans to continue playing. Is healthy.

Seems like it

Is Wilson really that much worse than Chung :confused:

He must have fallen off of a cliff!...

34 yrs old...achilles...new system...6 other safeties

BB doing him a favor by releasing in time to catch on somewhere else.

edit: Revis gets 24!

Adrian Wilson ‏<S>@</S>adrian_wilson24 <SMALL class=time>26m </SMALL>
Can't make the club in the tub

Mike ReissVerified account‏<S>@</S>MikeReiss <SMALL class=time>7m </SMALL>
Veteran safety Adrian Wilson has been informed of his release by the Patriots. He tweeted his thanks to organization earlier.

The question should be is he better enough to justify the difference in salary.

BB would seem to think the answer is no.

And the salary savings is _____________?

Chevess posted this in the Chung thread.

A. Wilson was released today.

Mike Reiss ‏<s>@</s>MikeReiss <small class="time"> 1h </small> Patrick Chung contract with Patriots: 1 year, $740k base salary, $60k signing bonus; $60k workout bonus; $240k roster bonus (15k per game).

Backup money. Nothing other than signing bonus guaranteed from what I see.

Ben Volin ‏<s>@</s>BenVolin <small class="time"> 6m </small> <s>#</s>Patriots will save $1,166,666 of cap space by cutting Wilson, who will still have a cap charge of $666,667

So if I did the math right, Chung is about 1/3 of what Wilson was getting, so if he's 1/2 the player, they're ahead of the game.

34 yrs old...achilles...new system...6 other safeties

BB doing him a favor by releasing in time to catch on somewhere else.

edit:<b> Revis gets 24!</b>

It's exactly what i thought.

Harmon is now the SS. Let's face it Chung & Wilson . are good hitters but struggle in coverage.

Not the last patriot. To do nothing & get overpaid doing it. Aperp still getting 7.5 mill. My personal favorite 6 mill to Ocho stinko.

Not the last patriot. To do nothing & get overpaid doing it. Aperp still getting 7.5 mill. My personal favorite 6 mill to Ocho stinko.

Pats are hoping the NFLPA forces the issue.

Pats are hoping the NFLPA forces the issue.
If anything was going to be done . It would have been done last year. When they had to eat the first 7.5 mill in dead money. I doubt Roger will give them any relief in the last 7.5 .

Back