Dink and dunk pcts

midgar8784

Reaction score
Ok for my bordem here at work and for D22's information, I took 4 Qb's that have been considered top 5 or so for the last 5 years since 2003, I took there number of throws 10 yards or less and their throws over 31 yards in the air, then I took the pct of how many attempts they have and then I have the results. Comments welcome.

Brady
Throws under 10 yards in the air
Throws over 31 yards in the air
Total attempts
percentage of under 10 yard throws 64%
Percentage of 31 yards + throws 5.21%

Manning
Total attempts
percentage of under 10 yard throws 63.7%
Percentage of 31 yards + throws 4.3%

favre
Total attempts
percentage of under 10 yard throws 68%
Percentage of 31 yards + throws 5.2%

Hasselbeck
Total attempts
percentage of under 10 yard throws 65%
Percentage of 31 yards + throws 3.92%

Now as we look at this for 10 yards and under favre has a higher pct than any of them with 68% hasselbeck is the next most dink and dunker with 65%Brady and manning are almost identical with around 64%. 31+ yards in the air Brady leads the way with 5.21%, favre is second with 5.2%, manning is 3rd with 4.3%, and hasselbeck is last with 3.92%. These are facts from the splits page on espn, these are for the last 5 years, if there is any Qb, D would like me to do, I will, but this should put the dink and dunk crap to rest.

When all is said and done. Tom Brady will go down as the GREATEST QB to ever play the game without even a close 2nd.

Between his rings, TD records, winning streaks, comeback wins, TD to INT ratio, playoff record and MVP's

There isn't a close 2nd right now let alone after 10 more years of stat padding.

D22 is going to hop on the Matt Hasselbeck bandwagon.. I bet he's out buying a seahag jersey right now.

Ok for my bordem here at work and for D22's information, I took 4 Qb's that have been considered top 5 or so for the last 5 years since 2003, I took there number of throws 10 yards or less and their throws over 31 yards in the air, then I took the pct of how many attempts they have and then I have the results. Comments welcome.

Brady
Total attempts
percentage of under 10 yard throws 64%
Percentage of 31 yards + throws 5.21%

Manning
Total attempts
percentage of under 10 yard throws 63.7%
Percentage of 31 yards + throws 4.3%

favre
Total attempts
percentage of under 10 yard throws 68%
Percentage of 31 yards + throws 5.2%

Hasselbeck
Total attempts
percentage of under 10 yard throws 65%
Percentage of 31 yards + throws 3.92%

Now as we look at this for 10 yards and under favre has a higher pct than any of them with 68% hasselbeck is the next most dink and dunker with 65%Brady and manning are almost identical with around 64%. 31+ yards in the air Brady leads the way with 5.21%, favre is second with 5.2%, manning is 3rd with 4.3%, and hasselbeck is last with 3.92%. These are facts from the splits page on espn, these are for the last 5 years, if there is any Qb, D would like me to do, I will, but this should put the dink and dunk crap to rest.

D22 is going to hop on the Matt Hasselbeck bandwagon.. I bet he's out buying a seahag jersey right now.

Actually according to the pct's hasselbeck not only dinked and dunked more than the other 3, he threw less long balls as well. Of course he is in the west coast offense so...

Is that the Cots west coast offense that Seattle uses or do they run a west coast offense like the Ravens? ROFL

D22 is here, wonder why he is not commenting on this thread.

These are facts from the splits page on espn, these are for the last 5 years, if there is any Qb, D would like me to do, I will, but this should put the dink and dunk crap to rest.

Now as all as we have to do is convince the rest of the world !!! starting with his coach Charlie Weis that imediatey changed the whokle offense for Tom Brady to be high percentage passing attack...

Now as all as we have to do is convince the rest of the world !!! starting with his coach Charlie Weis that imediatey changed the whokle offense for Tom Brady to be high percentage passing attack...

I just showed you the numbers, I think this rest of the world thing is your little mind. I showed you the numbers, you were wrong, admit it and then move on.

WTF is a whokle?

I just showed you the numbers, I think this rest of the world thing is your little mind. I showed you the numbers, you were wrong, admit it and then move on.

I don't know why you fools think I make this shit up...Brady was a "Dink & Dunker' and thats what he is...nobody ...not nobody has ever been threatened by Brady as a downfield passer as Manning, Marino, Warner etc...heres 2005 article and what the Philly expected from Brady & what they defended against...and this is 5 of Brady's 7 seasons...why do you argue,...its the truth...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1985764

"Dink and dunk, we knew they were going to do that," Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard said. "We blitzed more than we normally do. When they go spread, they can pick and choose what they want to do against us."

"The sad part for the Eagles is that they knew the Patriots would use the dink-and-dunk spread formation against them. Dink-and-dunk was the offense Brady executed to win his first two Super Bowls. The addition of Dillon turned them into a play-action team that would go downfield more."

Ah, so that's where you got dink and dunker from, some other angry guy who's never done much of anything to speak of said it.. and you and John Clayton ran with it.. I thought you saw it on an episode of South Park... I knew you didn't think it up on your own.

I don't know why you fools think I make this shit up...Brady was a "Dink & Dunker' and thats what he is...nobody ...not nobody has ever been threatened by Brady as a downfield passer as Manning, Marino, Warner etc...heres 2005 article and what the Philly expected from Brady & what they defended against...and this is 5 of Brady's 7 seasons...why do you argue,...its the truth...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1985764

"Dink and dunk, we knew they were going to do that," Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard said. "We blitzed more than we normally do. When they go spread, they can pick and choose what they want to do against us."

"The sad part for the Eagles is that they knew the Patriots would use the dink-and-dunk spread formation against them. Dink-and-dunk was the offense Brady executed to win his first two Super Bowls. The addition of Dillon turned them into a play-action team that would go downfield more."

Well, we all knew Bledsoe couldnt hit an elephant in the ass with a step-ladder.

Actually, Marino was the King of the dink-n-dunkers GO LOOK IT UP YOU FRAUD

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Well that settles it. In one game, one opposing player labeled 60 minutes of offense "dink and dunk". Sorry midgar, your stats over the last 5 YEARS are clearly irrelevant.

So let me get this straight. Your entire thing for calling brady a dink and dunk Qb is an article where the pats used a certain offense to beat the blitz against the eagles????? Are you freaking serious?? Lets see, I have 5 years worth of numbers compared to 3 of the best Qb's in football, you have a 4 year old article on one game...let me think, which is more relavant. Do we have any reason to take anything you say serious at this point?

Well that settles it. In one game, one opposing player labeled 60 minutes of offense "dink and dunk". Sorry midgar, your stats over the 5 YEARS are clearly irrelevant.

Why don't you dipshits actually post And find me 1 person that thinks or ever considered Manning, Marino or Favre a Dink & Dunker !!!!... every Defense these QB's faced feared their arms...thats a fact...nobody feared Brady;s arm ever ...

Brady is known for being a dink & dunker, called it and labeled it...because he sucked for his first 5 seasons trying to complete a ball past 20 yds...with his pathetic compl. %

Brady couldn't even break 29% completing a ball over 20 yds in his first 5 seasons...Mannings lowest was 38%...why do you people argue the obvious...I shouldn't have to post these actual figures to prove what is common knowledge...

Can't wait to hear this spin now...maybe they'll go with the Dome excuse !!!

Manning vs Brady 20+ yd passes completion %

2007 - 25-62= 40.3 % PM
2007 - 26-60= 43.3 % TB

2006 - 29-75= 38.6 % PM
2006 - 22-63= 34.9 % TB

2005 - 20-52= 38.4 % PM
2005 - 15-66= 22.7 % TB

2004 - 28-64= 43.7 % PM
2004 - 24-82= 29.2 % TB

2003 - 26-56= 46.4 % PM
2003 - 18-62= 29.0 % TB

2002 - 26-68= 38.2 % PM
2002 - 9 - 54= 16.6 % TB

2001 - 26-65= 40.0 % PM
2001 - 13-48= 27.0 % TB

So let me get this straight. Your entire thing for calling brady a dink and dunk Qb is an article where the pats used a certain offense to beat the blitz against the eagles????? Are you freaking serious?? Lets see, I have 5 years worth of numbers compared to 3 of the best Qb's in football, QUOTE]

I can post an article with quotes from every single team describing Brady & the Patriots offense as a Dink & Dunk offense...you won't ever hear them describe Manning or Marino as that...thats a fact,...

What you have is 5 years of shit ass numbers...I posted the completion % over 20 yds comparing to Manning...and it can't be more obvious Brady sucked dick for 5 years not even breaking a 30% compl. and as low as 16% & 22 % in 2 of the 5 years...

Even I can throw 55-75 balls over 20 yards...the real talent is completing them...everythung I say you should take seriously...its all true...I don't make this shit up...and Im not the one defending a 3 time chump...and by the looks of hios suck ass arm over 20 yads...Hes nothing but a "Dink & Dunker"...

Why don't you dipshits actually post And find me 1 person that thinks or ever considered Manning, Marino or Favre a Dink & Dunker !!!!... every Defense these QB's faced feared their arms...thats a fact...nobody feared Brady;s arm ever ...

Brady is known for being a dink & dunker, called it and labeled it...because he sucked for his first 5 seasons trying to complete a ball past 20 yds...with his pathetic compl. %

Brady couldn't even break 29% completing a ball over 20 yds in his first 5 seasons...Mannings lowest was 38%...why do you people argue the obvious...I shouldn't have to post these actual figures to prove what is common knowledge...

Can't wait to hear this spin now...maybe they'll go with the Dome excuse !!!

Manning vs Brady 20+ yd passes completion %

2007 - 25-62= 40.3 % PM
2007 - 26-60= 43.3 % TB

2006 - 29-75= 38.6 % PM
2006 - 22-63= 34.9 % TB

2005 - 20-52= 38.4 % PM
2005 - 15-66= 22.7 % TB

2004 - 28-64= 43.7 % PM
2004 - 24-82= 29.2 % TB

2003 - 26-56= 46.4 % PM
2003 - 18-62= 29.0 % TB

2002 - 26-68= 38.2 % PM
2002 - 9 - 54= 16.6 % TB

2001 - 26-65= 40.0 % PM
2001 - 13-48= 27.0 % TB

I showed you the entire pass spectrum, not a little piece, how about your compare throws over 41+ yards and compare those pcts? How about 11-20?

So let me get this straight. Your entire thing for calling brady a dink and dunk Qb is an article where the pats used a certain offense to beat the blitz against the eagles????? Are you freaking serious?? Lets see, I have 5 years worth of numbers compared to 3 of the best Qb's in football, QUOTE]

I can post an article with quotes from every single team describing Brady & the Patriots offense as a Dink & Dunk offense...you won't ever hear them describe Manning or Marino as that...thats a fact,...

What you have is 5 years of shit ass numbers...I posted the completion % over 20 yds comparing to Manning...and it can't be more obvious Brady sucked dick for 5 years not even breaking a 30% compl. and as low as 16% & 22 % in 2 of the 5 years...

Even I can throw 55-75 balls over 20 yards...the real talent is completing them...everythung I say you should take seriously...its all true...I don't make this shit up...and Im not the one defending a 3 time chump...and by the looks of hios suck ass arm over 20 yads...Hes nothing but a "Dink & Dunker"...

Tell you what lets compare completion pct over 40+ yards in the air between manning and brady. Do that for me real quick, and let me know. Your version of a dink and dunk Qb is a Qb who throws short. I showed you by pct for the last 5 years that manning and brady are almost identical on short throws with pct of their throws, I showed you where favre has way more short throws, you ignored that, changed the argument and took a small piece on a certain distance and ignored the more vast stats that showed short and long throws.

Back