Dobson back?

Vereen's tracking skills aren't great but he can learn to do it with repetition.

I think his skills are fine, but the wrist is giving him problems. It primarily gives him trouble when he has to get into certain positions to catch one. He's dropped a few easy chances in recent weeks and it appeared to me to be due to awkwardness with the brace, but he still hangs on to most of them.

Definitely not 100% in terms of catching. Maybe 80 or so, but him at 80 is still better than any of our other backs.

It hasn't seemed to affect his running much. For a guy his size Vereen has been doing a pretty good job getting what is available on his carries and fights hard for that extra yard which he didn't do enough of earlier in his career.

If we do go 4 wide as I have speculated is likely I think Vereen will spend a lot of time outside the hashes, because I'm not optimistic that Dobson can overcome the stress fracture (or whatever it is) enough to be a factor or a reasonable downfield decoy.

I think his skills are fine, but the wrist is giving him problems. It primarily gives him trouble when he has to get into certain positions to catch one. He's dropped a few easy chances in recent weeks and it appeared to me to be due to awkwardness with the brace, but he still hangs on to most of them.

Definitely not 100% in terms of catching. Maybe 80 or so, but him at 80 is still better than any of our other backs.

It hasn't seemed to affect his running much. For a guy his size Vereen has been doing a pretty good job getting what is available on his carries and fights hard for that extra yard which he didn't do enough of earlier in his career.

If we do go 4 wide as I have speculated is likely I think Vereen will spend a lot of time outside the hashes, because I'm not optimistic that Dobson can overcome the stress fracture (or whatever it is) enough to be a factor or a reasonable downfield decoy.

I don't think it's a skill thing with Vereen at all. I think part of it is that he just suffers from an ailment that is common to a lot of RBs - taking his eyes off the ball for an instant to get a glimpse downfield. There's no way to know for certain, but I'd guess that proclivity is responsible for about half of all incompletions to RBs, league-wide.

Anyway, I've seen Vereen do this on occasion even before the wrist injury, and mostly on the relatively easy catches.

Vereen caught 68% of his targets in the regular season. Average RB catch rates are a bit higher than than - maybe 72%-75% - but 68% ain't bad at all for a guy in a wrist cast. ALSO, Vereen's YPC of 9.1 (not all YAC) is higher than average for a typical RB and underscores the fact that Vereen runs more and somewhat deeper routes than a typical RB and, thus, has to handle more difficult catches more often.

IOW, his drops are a relatively minor thing which will undoubtedly recede with experience and a healed wrist.

Jeez, really?!

I thought this guy was already given his bus ticket to Australia.

Dobson active today. they going to need a great tape job. So he don't re aggravate that stress fracture . I keep reading about he has.

I have to wonder if they held Dobson out of the colts Game just to give him another week. Knowing the plan was to run the ball maybe they figured they would be fine with what they had? we all know that this week if the running game cant produce early we may be forced to throw. Thats assuming the D gives up points early. (Not saying that will be the case)

Well, yup he's active, KT isn't. better than nothing.

Cheers

Dobson progressed pretty good for the most part. He will be much better next year. I wish he would have a different jersey number....

Back