Dobson back?

BB needs to find out where they got that supersized helmet for Welker. See if he could get 2 for Thompkins & Collie. Even last week Thompkins was barely used. I think he saw 2 targets before he was knocked out.

It might help if they'd give him some routes in space. It seems every damn time he's targeted between the numbers in the shallow zones, he's hit by 2 defenders within a split second. Get him in space and he will reward us with some nice gains.

It might help if they'd give him some routes in space. It seems every damn time he's targeted between the numbers in the shallow zones, he's hit by 2 defenders within a split second. Get him in space and he will reward us with some nice gains.

They have limited him to slants and such, it seems they gave up on the back shoulder. Throwing slants in zone is not a great thing for success anyway.

They have limited him to slants and such, it seems they gave up on the back shoulder. Throwing slants in zone is not a great thing for success anyway.

He made a great catch to win the NO game. He's very capable but those shallow throws are getting him killed.

He made a great catch to win the NO game. He's very capable but those shallow throws are getting him killed.

Those are Edelman bread & Butter routes. He seems to be doing a descent job of avoiding the big hits.

Those are Edelman bread & Butter routes. He seems to be doing a descent job of avoiding the big hits.

Edelman has been playing outside Amendola almost exclusively since Gronk went down. Amendola has been playing the slot role for the most part and he's done next to nothing running those routes. Amendola did have a great catch on a long go route vs the Colts last week. The one you said you missed. :coffee:

Edelman has been playing outside Amendola almost exclusively since Gronk went down. Amendola has been playing the slot role for the most part and he's done next to nothing running those routes. Amendola did have a great catch on a long go route vs the Colts last week. The one you said you missed. :coffee:

He had a couple of pretty good grabs close to the ground. Other than that he was fairly anonymous.

Time for a break-out game against the Broncos?

After watching Dobson reinjure himself just running straight down the field in his last game I'm not holding my breath hoping for a big performance from him.

It's kind of a shame because boundary coverage is Denver's weakest link and had he been healthy and performing well lately I'd be looking at him as a factor, but I don't know if he can really stick his foot in the dirt and explode and that's what he'll need to do get open on Sunday. His best move all year has been the stop and go and Denver doesn't do a great job on that very thing.

All that work to develop wideouts and here we are in the AFCCG and we still don't have much outside the hashes.

I just can't see the Pats doing something different that what we've seen lately in a Championship game. Not for Dobson and/or Thompkins. I expect minimal production from them.

Even Jack DelRio can figure this one out-- load the box and put your best available guy on Edelman-- then double him on 3rd down and take your chances with Vereen and Amendola.

After watching Dobson reinjure himself just running straight down the field in his last game I'm not holding my breath hoping for a big performance from him.

It's kind of a shame because boundary coverage is Denver's weakest link and had he been healthy and performing well lately I'd be looking at him as a factor, but I don't know if he can really stick his foot in the dirt and explode and that's what he'll need to do get open on Sunday. His best move all year has been the stop and go and Denver doesn't do a great job on that very thing.

All that work to develop wideouts and here we are in the AFCCG and we still don't have much outside the hashes.

I just can't see the Pats doing something different that what we've seen lately in a Championship game. Not for Dobson and/or Thompkins. I expect minimal production from them.

Even Jack DelRio can figure this one out-- load the box and put your best available guy on Edelman-- then double him on 3rd down and take your chances with Vereen and Amendola.

Or...aka last 3 years....I think one thing is different this year is the bruising run game though, we did not have that, so hopefully that can make up for that issue unlike in the past, where if they stopped the run, we were in trouble trying to get little slot receivers to have a big impact in the passing game consistently.

Yeah, but my hope is that that other "someone" can step up this season. Whether that be Vereen, Amendola, or even an unlikely candidate like Thompkins and/or Dobson.

Are we sure Dobson has/had s stress fracture?It seemed to me like he tweaked his hammy
when he left the Bills game.

Vereen's tracking skills aren't great but he can learn to do it with repetition.
If Vereen can go insane. The way he did in the texans game last year. He was a matchup Nightmare on the outside.

Back