Eddie Money and Ric Ocasik - RIP

These guys were a big part of the music scene when I was growing up.

Money was 70. Ocasik was 75.

RIP gentlemen.

I really didn't care for their music much when I was growing up in the 80's I more a Slayer, Megadeth fan but they were everywhere and Cars videos were epic.

Rest In Peace guys. You had great lives.

I really didn't care for their music much when I was growing up in the 80's I more a Slayer, Megadeth fan but they were everywhere and Cars videos were epic.

I liked the Cars but they were awful live. Like, Bob Dylan-bad. Eddie Money kicked ass on stage, saw him in Portland in '82.

Absolutely loved the Cars first 2 albums. Their first is one of the great debut albums. They didn't fare as well after that other than a couple of MTV fueled songs.

Ocasek's other claim to fame is that he married super model Paulina Porizkova, one of the stangest odd pairs in history.

Been listening to Candy-O (2nd album) this morning

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/woceVRLKtMw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I liked The Cars and Slayer and Megadeth...and many more.

Old Troll posted both RIPs in the What Are You Listening To thread...

Back