espn reporting manny and ortiz tested positive in 2003

tigerbait1220

Reaction score
born in lowell, ma but now live in spring, tx
the ortiz testing is heartbreaking. this taints 04 a lot for me and i really hope that this is false. it was wasnt on the main page of espn but it was the first headline on the mlb page. i guess it was just inevitable that we were going to find this out but it still stings. im going to pull a bill simmons now. (thud!!) iuegiaudfhgka;dfg (that was my head slamming on my keyboard.

Half the rosters in the MLB were juicing. That's just the era. It shouldn't taint anything.

:yawn:

In a related story - Brady has a lot to prove, the defense is old and slow, and the Patriots are considering Michael Vick.

Also: Spygate

:yawn:

In a related story - Brady has a lot to prove, the defense is old and slow, and the Patriots are considering Michael Vick.

Also: Spygate
I've also heard concerns about New England's pass rush this year.

Care to comment Tommy?

(Also we are getting reports that Canton Ohio has requested photos and dimensions of Pierre Garcon's head in anticipation of his enshrinement in 15-20 years)

Taint? ROFL. This is the juice era. Go with it.

To make this thread semi-serious, if Ortiz' April to "until he saw the 'eye' doctor" wasn't enough to tell everyone that he's on the PEDs (not to mention his coming out of obscurity in Minnesota in the first place), then I really don't know what to tell you. I can't imagine this is shocking/heartbreaking news.

And this doesn't taint shit. Everyone did steroids. Hell, once A-Rod went, that was the end of any "doubt".

I love how espn reported it...

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003, lawyers with knowledge of the results told The New York Times.

The two were key members of the Boston Red Sox World Series teams in 2004 and 2007.

Ah I love me some espn,. they are so much the fair and unbiased.

You know, the Opee may be on to something.

Give the 2004 title to the Cards. That will make up for it.

I love how espn reported it...

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003, lawyers with knowledge of the results told The New York Times.

The two were key members of the Boston Red Sox World Series teams in 2004 and 2007.

Ah I love me some espn,. they are so much the fair and unbiased.

To be even more fair; The Minority Owner Of The Red Sox George Mitchell Report named almost exclusively Yankees and Mets.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

well, i guess its just that the only sox mentioned in the MR were one time red sox greats Paxton Crawford, and Manny Alexander. call me naive i guess, but i just didnt see it coming. i thought if he had then it would have been said months/years ago. it still stings though. its like when you date stripper and she stops stripping, so you think that you changed her and then you find out shes been screwing everyone not named you. you knew in heart that she was but you're still in shock when you find out

And this doesn't taint shit. Everyone did steroids.

Well, considering that there's only been a handful of names from the 2003 league-wide testing that have been fingered for use, then I'd say that not everyone did steroids.

And I don't care if it was half the league using, that still doesn't excuse it. I think they should all be banned from the hall and should have their names taken out of the record books.

well, i guess its just that the only sox mentioned in the MR were one time red sox greats Paxton Crawford, and Manny Alexander. call me naive i guess, but i just didnt see it coming. i thought if he had then it would have been said months/years ago. it still stings though. its like when you date stripper and she stops stripping, so you think that you changed her and then you find out shes been screwing everyone not named you. you knew in heart that she was but you're still in shock when you find out

let me really ruin it for you...All teams have players that are on roids....all teams...every one of them, if there is a guy hitting well, it means he has not got caught yet. So it should not surprise you.

Well, considering that there's only been a handful of names from the 2003 league-wide testing that have been fingered for use, then I'd say that not everyone did steroids.

And I don't care if it was half the league using, that still doesn't excuse it. I think they should all be banned from the hall and should have their names taken out of the record books.

a handful being how many? Have you seen the list or just the yanks and redsox players that used em. If you want to start kicking people out, you will not have a league left.

a handful being how many? Have you seen the list or just the yanks and redsox players that used em. If you want to start kicking people out, you will not have a league left.

Schilling could come back and pitch and win 30 games if we start kicking people out.

David ortiz is a complete fraud.

He went from splitting time with Millar and Jeremy Giambi to all of a sudden becomeing BIG PAPI.

Now he's off the juice again and he sucks ass.

Back