EVERYONE PLEASE READ! Server Upgrades and State of the Planet...

Awesome, the way its set up now is too easy.betting against the house is more of a challenge.

Hey all,

I'm an admin over at ChiefsPlanet and have been working to try and get things stabilized around here. We made a change to the indexing scheme at CP on Saturday that seems to have helped quite a bit, so I'd like to do the same here later tonight. It'll probably take about half an hour, and I'll wait until at least 10pm EST to do it, but while it's running, you won't be able to post anything. I'll turn the forums off so that it'll be clear when things are down.

Just wanted to try and give you a little bit of advanced warning. And thanks for taking care of the Chargers yesterday. :)

Hey all,

I'm an admin over at ChiefsPlanet and have been working to try and get things stabilized around here. We made a change to the indexing scheme at CP on Saturday that seems to have helped quite a bit, so I'd like to do the same here later tonight. It'll probably take about half an hour, and I'll wait until at least 10pm EST to do it, but while it's running, you won't be able to post anything. I'll turn the forums off so that it'll be clear when things are down.

Just wanted to try and give you a little bit of advanced warning. And thanks for taking care of the Chargers yesterday. :)
The Chargers were our pleasure, and we'll hope the software tweaks fix things for us.

OK the new server is up and running.. so it is time to transfer PatsPlanet on over... I will shut off the BBS shortly and start the transition...

The DB is 1.6 GB

and the rest (mostly attachments) are 5.6 GB

So, this may take some time to get done.. bear with me and we'll soon be on our SUPER FAST new server.

I estimate we will be down 2-3 hours... starting at 12pm EST.

Yeah, that was me.. should be all good now (as of 5 minutes ago)

I don't want to complain because it's minor, but the "random thoughts" thread in the 3 ring circus does not work for me. I get a database error if I click on the last page FYI.

I get database error when I try to go to the Three Ring Circus. All the other forums work fine for me.

I just clicked on to make a donation. I am forbidden by the boss of the house to use Pay Pal.

If I can use a CC without Pay Pal, I'll do it.

Now don't anyone give me any crap about not using Pay Pal and how great it is. Mrs Lucky had a bad experience with a Pay Pal account about 10 years ago and Pay Pal is dead to her.

It's one of those little battles that I will not engage so I can win the important ones.:Lecture:
Thats awesome. I too pick and choose my battles. Its the only way to go....

Back