EZ Pass

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
Heading out to Michigan on Saturday and I vowed that this year I would invest in an EZ Pass to get me through the tolls a little quicker.

I procrastinated and here I am trying to find a retailer that sells them in CT and having no luck.

Does anyone have any experience? Can I buy them at the tolls or at a Service Center on I-80?

Thanks

Interesting. I see where they are available in MA and NY, but I'm coming up empty for CT. Still looking.

Got mine in NH at the DMV they have for it north of Nashua. Loved having it for the drive down to MD.

Thanks all.

I called AAA here in CT and they don't sell them here in CT because we don't have tolls but I was told I can buy one at the first toll booth in New York.

Good to know.

I appreciate all the quick responses.

I'll admit that EZ-Pass is ok so long as the government(s) insists on taxing our use of the roads. But once government(s) decides to abandon that revenue stream :coffee:, EZ-Pass will become instantly obsolete.

Cheers, BostonTim

I'll admit that EZ-Pass is ok so long as the government(s) insists on taxing our use of the roads. But once government(s) decides to abandon that revenue stream :coffee:, EZ-Pass will become instantly obsolete.

Cheers, BostonTim

I just want to get through the tolls a little quicker.

Once the zombie apocalypse hits, most everything will be obsolete.

We've had ours since 2001. I think we ordered them from the MA DOT and they were shipped to us. It was so long ago, we may have done it by phone.
I know there's a few toll places along the Mass Pike that have EZ-pass offices.

My biggest concern is how much longer the transponders will last. They're now 15 years old and no one seems to know what their life expectancy is. I sometime wonder if we should just go get new ones.

We've had ours since 2001. I think we ordered them from the MA DOT and they were shipped to us. It was so long ago, we may have done it by phone.
I know there's a few toll places along the Mass Pike that have EZ-pass offices.

My biggest concern is how much longer the transponders will last. They're now 15 years old and no one seems to know what their life expectancy is. I sometime wonder if we should just go get new ones.
I got mine from NY long ago. A few years back, they did send me new ones. Not sure why, however.

Back