Fantasy Football geek thread

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
OK, I have my draft coming up on Thursday.

In my league, we can keep 2 players....I have :manning: and Travis Henry.

I will be drafting last in the first round, first in the second, and picked up a solid 2nd round pick from trading Cory Dillon last year.

There are 12 teams in my league. Passing TD's are 4 points. RB's and WR's get 1 point for 25 yards, and QB's get 1 point for 50 yards. The rest of the scoring is pretty typical.

Since I don't really follow college ball, I am looking for hints about solid rookie RB's that might slip to 12th or 13th in the draft, considering the top 12 RB's are already keepers.

I tend to draft about 7 RB's on a 16 man roster, so I am interested in deep sleepers as well.

Any thoughts?

i had my first ever draft last week or so

my team is
Tony Romo
Andre Johnson
Braylon Edwards
Reggie Bush
Clinton Portis
LJ Smith
Marion Barber

Kicker.....David Akers

New England Defence

On The Bench
Eli Manning
Mike Bell
Brandon Marshall
Wali Lundy
Ben Troupe
Kansas City Chiefs Defence

I am in a 12 team league and just had my draft Sunday. Here is my team:

Starters:
QB: Matt Leinhart
RB: Frank Gore and Thomas Jones
WR: Chad Johnson and Randy Moss
TE: Tony Gonzalez
FLEX: Steve McNair
K: Shane Graham
D/ST: Chargers

Bench:
QB: Byron Leftwich
RB: Chris Henry
WR: Terry Glenn and Antoine Randle El
TE: LJ Smith

In the 13th round of one of my drafts I got Greg Jennings, and was pretty pleased.

In a 12 team draft it's going to be hard to find quality depth at receiver. I would stay away from the rookies, even though you were specifically asking about that. If it has to be a rookie, then I would look at Jacoby Jones with Texas. He is turning a lot of heads down there and may end up being their #2 receiver.

I'd also keep an eye on Jericho Cotchery, Devery Henderson, and I actually got Donte Stallworth in the 12th round of a ten team league.

Good luck.

Bacdoc on 08-28-2007 at 10:01 AM said:
In the 13th round of one of my drafts I got Greg Jennings, and was pretty pleased.

In a 12 team draft it's going to be hard to find quality depth at receiver. I would stay away from the rookies, even though you were specifically asking about that. If it has to be a rookie, then I would look at Jacoby Jones with Texas. He is turning a lot of heads down there and may end up being their #2 receiver.

I'd also keep an eye on Jericho Cotchery, Devery Henderson, and I actually got Donte Stallworth in the 12th round of a ten team league.

Good luck.

Thanks...I never sweat the receivers...there are a handful of elite receivers to grab if you can, but the rest are a dime a dozen....the difference from one receiver to the next is minute if they are not top 5 or 6. I just grab who I can and keep my eye on any hot free agents that I can get my hand on during the year...it works pretty well.

Baron Samedi on 08-28-2007 at 09:37 AM said:
OK, I have my draft coming up on Thursday.

In my league, we can keep 2 players....I have :manning: and Travis Henry.

I will be drafting last in the first round, first in the second, and picked up a solid 2nd round pick from trading Cory Dillon last year.

There are 12 teams in my league. Passing TD's are 4 points. RB's and WR's get 1 point for 25 yards, and QB's get 1 point for 50 yards. The rest of the scoring is pretty typical.

Since I don't really follow college ball, I am looking for hints about solid rookie RB's that might slip to 12th or 13th in the draft, considering the top 12 RB's are already keepers.

I tend to draft about 7 RB's on a 16 man roster, so I am interested in deep sleepers as well.

Any thoughts?

Peterson from the Vikes should slip down to you, while not a rookie I would consider DeAngelo Williams from Carolina also

Lynch (Bills rookie RB) should be there and should? be the starter...at least according to everything I have read...

Baron Samedi on 08-28-2007 at 10:08 AM said:
Thanks...I never sweat the receivers...there are a handful of elite receivers to grab if you can, but the rest are a dime a dozen....the difference from one receiver to the next is minute if they are not top 5 or 6. I just grab who I can and keep my eye on any hot free agents that I can get my hand on during the year...it works pretty well.

Jeez, I need to go back to bed, I could have sworn you were asking about receivers.

Watch for Tatum Bell and Kevin Jones for Det. both are sliding. Brandon Jackson should start for GB. He'll never make it that far, but Chester Taylor would be a good pickup farther down the draft. A lot of people are drafting A. Peterson too high.

Think about backing up your stud RB too.

I'd second brandon jackson although to be extra safe you may want to handcuff him to morency.

I don't think he's a big secret but I'm a big fan of Brandon Jacobs. He's a man-child (6'4 and 265) and runs a nice 40 (4.3). He's averaged 4.4 YPC in his career which has been predominantly in short yardage situations, with 8 or 9 in the box and defenses defending the run.

Skeptics are saying that he's never had full-time duty before and that the NYG brought in Droughns for a reason. Well, my philosophy is that he's never had the opportunity and Droughns is not a threat. Droughns has scored 14 TD's in the last 3 seasons as a full-time back. Jacobs has scored 16 in 2 seasons in a limited role. He's got a knack for the endzone it seems. Droughns has also been getting reps at FB (his original role back in Denver before Shanahan worked his RB magic).

I grabbed him in the 3rd round this year and expect he'll be a top 5 back next.

Back