Favorite Parking Spots

Captainkirk

Beer Drinkin Nutbusters in 133
Reaction score
When the wife and go to a game we like to come in on Rt. 140 and park at the small shopping center at the intersection of Rt. 1. Getting out after the game on Rt. 140 is sooooo much easier than the battle on Rt. 1. It is a 1.3 mile walk but we don't mind considering the time saved versus sitting in the parking lot for 1 to 2 hours trying to get out.

For the locals on this board, are you aware of any parking spots closer to the stadium that exit on another back road? North Street looks closer to the stadium in spots but I'm not sure if there are any residences that let you park on their lawn for a fee.

Thanks in Advance........

That's a looong walk after the game. I also take 140 home after the game. I always park in P10 South. It's always going to be a bit slow after the game, but if you know about the gate that's open after the game right at the corner of the lot and Rte 1, you shave a lot of time off the trip home. But it's mostly important not to slow foot it back to the lot. I'm a fast walker and my seats are in the corner closest to Rte 1, so I don't need to walk through the stadium saving lots of time. I can usually get past your lot 10 minutes after I get to my car. And I rarely have longer than a 30 minute drive home once I get to my car.

It's a loooong walk on the colder nights but we don't mind during the first half of the season. Just looking to explore options that are a little closer. 10 minutes is extremely fast.......I might try that sometime. I've read about a place called the terminals and might give that a try as well.

Am I the only one, besides Piggy of course, that thought this was about another kind of "parking"? :spock:

Am I the only one, besides Piggy of course, that thought this was about another kind of "parking"? :spock:

I was thinking the parking lot at the summit of Mount Haleakala on Maui watching the sunrise.

I was thinking the parking lot at the summit of Mount Haleakala on Maui watching the sunrise.

My brother Jerry was in that parking lot a while back at a time when, co-incidently, a celestial event known as the "cosmic convergence" was occuring. I forget the details, but it had something to do with the planets lining up in a certain way and a lot of cosmic thinkers seemed to think it was going to signal the start of a new era from mankind or something to that effect. Haleakala was packed with true believers.

Anyhow, my brother walks by a pickup truck that had a large machine in the back with transformers, dials and wires and so forth. Jerry asks the tie-dyed truck owner what it was all about and was informed "it's a time-machine, man....when the convergence happens I'm going into the future."

Jerry asks if he can pose for picture with it and was told "Sure, man. For ten bucks you can".

So much for the age of Aquarius.

My brother Jerry was in that parking lot a while back at a time when, co-incidently, a celestial event known as the "cosmic convergence" was occuring. I forget the details, but it had something to do with the planets lining up in a certain way and a lot of cosmic thinkers seemed to think it was going to signal the start of a new era from mankind or something to that effect. Haleakala was packed with true believers. Anyhow, my brother walks by a pickup truck that had a large machine in the back with transformers, dials and wires and so forth. Jerry asks the tie-dyed truck owner what it was all about and was informed "it's a time-machine, man....when the convergence happens I'm going into the future." Jerry asks if he can pose for picture with it and was told "Sure, man. For ten bucks you can". So much for the age of Aquarius.

Was that the 2012 Mayan calendar "end" or 5/5/2000 when there was a planetary "alignment".

The latter was immortalized in one of the funniest books I've ever read Richard Noone's "5/5/2000 Ice: The Ultimate Disaster"

https://www.amazon.com/2000-Ice-Ultimate-Disaster-Revised/dp/0609800671

As far as the time machine bit, I would have responded as follows.

"I've got a time machine as well and have already used it to travel to the future. I move at one second per second."

Back