First Tourist Spaceship Unveiled

BradyLady12

Give me liberty!
Reaction score
by Virgin Galactic
Full story in National Geographic

December 8, 2009—Aspiring space tourists got a first look at their future ride late Monday, when Virgin Galactic unveiled the first of its long-awaited SpaceShipTwo planes (pictured with wings folded upward, suspended from the middle of its twin-fuselage launch vehicle).

After years of teases, the world's only commercial spacecraft rolled out onto the tarmac at the Mojave Air and Space Port in California. There, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson christened the Virgin Galactic craft with the customary smashing of champagne bottles.

Full article here:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...in-galactic-spaceship-enterprise-branson.html

3_461.jpg

Future Space Port Design:
1_461.jpg

photo5.html

So in addition to igloo hotels, underwater hotels in Fiji, or safari tree-hut hotels in Africa, looks like space hotels will be coming after this space craft.

the second one looks like a toilet seat.

the second one looks like a toilet seat.

That's the terminel.:p

Look what this guy says about it:
"The first thing that strikes you is its size," Reynard said. "It's far bigger than SpaceShipOne. This is a massive vehicle, and I can fully understand how [six passengers] will be able to float around in the cabin area." LOL!

I don't know, man.

I would do the zero gravity thing, which I think all they do is go high then peak at an extreme angle down back to earth for the effect.

But Outer Space?

Shit.

It's coming jh! People have already put deposits down for a flight. They may need nurses.

Gah damn, talk about hazard pay.

Just to be a nurse on a helicopter it's like a kabillion dollars an hour.

Hmm. Sign me up!

:D

I'll post pics of graduation next Thursday.

We are all suited up in our white dresses, stockings and caps :)

lies. you're just getting my hopes up. nurses all wear pants nowadays.

lies. you're just getting my hopes up. nurses all wear pants nowadays.

We wear scrubs in the hospital.

But for graduation we get all dolled up.

Not Halloween-type dolled up, but still feminine as Florance Nightengale would have us!

Gah damn, talk about hazard pay.

Just to be a nurse on a helicopter it's like a kabillion dollars an hour.

Hmm. Sign me up!

ROFL My husband would be there in two seconds flat if we could afford it. I think I would have to go for it too..if the kids were grown up.

Back