Flag football goes from the nation's gym classes to the Olympics(Seriously?)

Muse

Paleface
Reaction score
I don't know about any of you but that was my first thought when I read this.

So, PP members, what other event in the Olympics, winter or summer, do you think is utter ridiculous to have there?

(Feel free to mention which ones you enjoy if any)

FlagFootball

I don't know about any of you but that was my first thought when I read this.

So, PP members, what other event in the Olympics, winter or summer, do you think is utter ridiculous to have there?

(Feel free to mention which ones you enjoy if any)

FlagFootball
My boys have been very active in flag football for going on a decade now. While there are obviously similarities to real football I really do view it as an entirely different sport. They've played in tournaments vs. teams from all over and you would be in awe over some of the freakish athletic talent I've seen displayed (and I am talking 15U and under).

If you keep an open mind, I can see this becoming a fan favorite because I don't think you'll necessarily see teams constructed only from football players, these will be highly athletic freaks of nature.

My boys have been very active in flag football for going on a decade now. While there are obviously similarities to real football I really do view it as an entirely different sport. They've played in tournaments vs. teams from all over and you would be in awe over some of the freakish athletic talent I've seen displayed (and I am talking 15U and under).

If you keep an open mind, I can see this becoming a fan favorite because I don't think you'll necessarily see teams constructed only from football players, these will be highly athletic freaks of nature.
Thank you. I will watch per your POV. I was not expecting football players to be on the teams. Is that you think a possibility?

Thank you. I will watch per your POV. I was not expecting football players to be on the teams. Is that you think a possibility?
I do think there will be skilled football players, but not exclusively, and not necessarily elite NFL players.

I do think there will be skilled football players, but not exclusively, and not necessarily elite NFL players.
Do you suspect maybe college athletes? I know there are competitions for flag football and organizations t hat run them. Perhaps try outs from them?( I appreciate your time in discussing this with me)

We use to play coed two hand touch football on the beach, back in the day.
I guess that wouldn't work in today's world.

LOL@ flag football in the Olympics, seriously, next thing you know they'll make Hide and Seek an Olympic sport.

Back