Flexing Games into Sunday Night

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they need to notify teams within 10 days of the game so I doubt the Jet game can get flexed but what about the Dolphin game? Pretty sure any game can get flexed during week 17.

Also, No early game on WCBS out of New York this weekend due to the Giants playing at home on FOX. Seriously? I have to watch the Pats in Standard Definition again?

Teams can only have 6 night games. Pats can't be flexed to a night game by my understanding since the Texans game was #6. This is good for me because it would screw up my travel plans for the Miami game.

I'm pretty sure they need to notify teams within 10 days of the game so I doubt the Jet game can get flexed but what about the Dolphin game? Pretty sure any game can get flexed during week 17.

Also, No early game on WCBS out of New York this weekend due to the Giants playing at home on FOX. Seriously? I have to watch the Pats in Standard Definition again?

Typically they give 2 weeks notice. There's always some negotiation involved because CBS and Fox can veto a certain number of games.

There is no Sunday night game in week 17, considered a competitive fairness thing in case one or both teams could be playing on wild card weekend.
However, games can be moved between 1 and 4:30.

Teams can only have 6 night games. Pats can't be flexed to a night game by my understanding since the Texans game was #6. This is good for me because it would screw up my travel plans for the Miami game.

bmooney54 is right. The Pats' quota of 6 prime time games during the regular season has been used up so the Pats can't be flexed into prime time any more during this regular season.

bmooney54 is right. The Pats' quota of 6 prime time games during the regular season has been used up so the Pats can't be flexed into prime time any more during this regular season.

But what if the team we're playing hasn't been flexed 6 times yet? THEIR game can be flexed. Just because they are playing us, doesn't mean they shouldn't be flexed. #Fairness. #Parity. #Integrity.

There's a loophole. :coffee:

But what if the team we're playing hasn't been flexed 6 times yet? THEIR game can be flexed. Just because they are playing us, doesn't mean they shouldn't be flexed. #Fairness. #Parity. #Integrity.

There's a loophole. :coffee:

You can't make a statement like that without pulling together an independent team of NFL sycophants and throwing millions of dollars into a burning brush-fire. :mad:

Back