Game Ball...

Southpaw

Reaction score
That was a great game, I loved every minute of it, even though the defense looked like swiss cheese. MANY guys came up huge in this game including Faulk, Watson, Maroney, Gaffney, Stallworth, Rodney, and of course Mr. Brady.

If you had the game ball to give out, who would you give it to? Since Brady is the obvious choice, lets exclude him. Especially out of the guys who you weren't expecting much from tonight, who was your player of the game?

For me it has to be Maroney. He ran hard all night long, which was very nice to see. And he also caught the ball very well tonight. He's also so much fun to watch out in space when he can turn on that extra gear.

I agree with Maroney. So many people had written him off, or kinda discounted his two biggest games of the year despite the fact that they had come in December- when you want your lead RB getting hot- and he came in with something to prove against a traditionally tough run defense. I loved hearing that first-down run on the radio when he tripped and kept his balance and kept plowing forward.

Toss up between Maroney and Faulk.

I always give Faulk a game ball though, so it's Maroney's turn.

A vote for Predator is a vote for common sense
predator.jpg

Maroney was a beast!

I'd Go with Maroney.

NOT Rodney!! He gets my vote for a slice of humble pie. He played an overall good game, but kept two drives alive with personal foul penalties (both of which were blamed on someone else). And he missed the int in the end zone.

shirtsleeve on 01-13-2008 at 01:59 AM said:
I'd Go with Maroney.

NOT Rodney!! He gets my vote for a slice of humble pie. He played an overall good game, but kept two drives alive with personal foul penalties (both of which were blamed on someone else). And he missed the int in the end zone.

I was struggling to list someone on the defensive side of the ball and him and Seau were the only ones I could think of. I just didn't want my post of possible suggestions to only contain offensive guys.

Also, nice call on the special teams coverage Fully Tilted. Containing Drew on kickoffs was a big concern for me, and they were excellent today.

Gotta be Laurence. 164 Yards over all? Great game.

Only other guys on the D that seemed to be around the ball all
nite were Big Sey and, who would have thought, Merriweather.
Not a bad thing for the rook.

I thought Assante had a terrible nite, and did Hobbs get hurt?
Sanders sucked as well. Not a good nite for the D.

if Welks and Watsons didn't have a drop each, Brady wud hav had 100% completion.
and yes Hobbs hurt himself, likely in training

Bandwagoneer* on 01-13-2008 at 02:44 AM said:
Sorry, but it has to be Brady. There's just no getting around it.

Agreed, here's his game ball

giselebed.jpg

Gotta be Brady. He just set an all-time NFL record with this performance- you can't take that for granted.

But Laurence Maroney deserves a lot of credit, too. He's really showing off that explosiveness, speed and power I saw from him in college.

This might be one of those "split the gameball" moments...

no joking, kelly washington was great...he gets the crowd more pumped than anyone, hes always raising his arms and trying to get everyone loud

but maroney gets the game ball because he had more an impact

Tony Dungy with a note saying..

"It's a dark day.....FOR YOU..HAHAHAAA SUCKA!- Love Bill"

Reading through this thread it occurs to me that there are so many options available for game balls. :D
Is this really the salary cap era?( As I pinch myself to make sure this isn't a dream.)

To me, Maroney, no question. He stepped up, picked up Brady who was struggling, and kept a some critical drives alive.

Back