Game Thread

#1Patsfan_chica said:
Someone has to do it.:D Good luck to your Chiefs.:thumb:

hahahah, thanks for trying to make me smile....:D they ****but they are mine, and I am used to it.....:banghead: :banghead:

Today's almost upset

Very unsatisfying win in my estimation. I guess the Pats believed the Belichick press clippings and played like it. I sure don't feel good about a win that was helped by a blown call by the refs. Saben has a good gripe. that d back was right in good position and looking at the ball.

The O line played like crap. The only good play by Maroney was that outside run late in the game. Where the hell was that earlier in the game? Why did we keep pounding that middle???????????

Is there a possibility we played vanilla today???? Even Belichick didn't looked too upset at the O's shortcomings.....which makes me wonder.

Re: Today's almost upset

Beagleman said:
Very unsatisfying win in my estimation.

Even Belichick didn't looked too upset at the O's shortcomings.....which makes me wonder.
We put up 20 on a good defense.

Not our best game by a long shot. But have we blown out the Dolphins this decade?

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this how we win every game?

Even during the win streak that spanned two seasons, we didn't blow many teams out. This is a typical Pats win.

3-0 in the div. is very satisfying to me.

Not going anywhere

I'm so concerned about the Pats pure play calling. It's about as bad as it gets. Most knowledgable fans could call better plays.

What happened to the days of Charlie ball and "percentage" football for 85% of the plays? We just chuck the ball and pay no attention to what down it is and percentage plays are out the window entirely. Brady and the receivers may get us there but we aren't going to win important games with such poor poor play calling.

Where was Dillon in the fourth quarter? On 6 carries he had 20 yards more then Maroney. The one run play called to the outside on the last series Maroney made a nice run, where was that play calling earlier in the game. Charlie always had confidence and rarely gave up. Playing "percentages" without so many deepballs would sure move the chains alot better. How many deep balls above 15 yds this year connected? We could be averaging 8.2 yds a carry, be on the 1 yd line and the Pats will call three pass plays. Does anyone else have the same concerns? What are the thoughs of fellow forum Pat fans on the play calling?

My other concern...Why are the Pats so high on using Evans? I see why the Dolphins cut him. I know he is a nice guy and happy for him with the touchdown today but everygame he ineffective otherwise yet is seeing more and more playing time.

Could be worse. 4-1 is a nice place to be but it's all about winning the Super Bowl and our play calling may stop us dead in out tracks. I'm not concerned about the players being ready, they will be and will have the experience but play calling wins the big games and so far, personally being a season ticket holder since 1981, don't remember it being much worse considering the great talent we have.

Umfold said:

You are my new favorite person right now :) Troy caught that TD right in front of me! I was sittin in row 4 right behind the goal post! I saw Troy run out I said oh man guys he is scoring one for me and I braced myself and then I almost peed my pants when he did it!!

Re: Today's almost upset

Beagleman said:
Very unsatisfying win in my estimation. I guess the Pats believed the Belichick press clippings and played like it. I sure don't feel good about a win that was helped by a blown call by the refs. Saben has a good gripe. that d back was right in good position and looking at the ball.

The O line played like crap. The only good play by Maroney was that outside run late in the game. Where the hell was that earlier in the game? Why did we keep pounding that middle???????????

Is there a possibility we played vanilla today???? Even Belichick didn't looked too upset at the O's shortcomings.....which makes me wonder.

Interesting, I;ll have to look at the game tape. It looked like the proper call to me and the player hadn't turned enough to the ball. I was looking for the penalty before the flag was thrown and would have called the penalty myself but having the game tape will answere that one.

I'll be sure to go back and check out the play because Sabin is still talking about the call that at first pass sure looked like the correct call, but that will make the game review that much better for such poor, poor play calling on offense and a boring game because of poor offensive play calling.

<<
I sure don't feel good about a win that was helped by a blown call by the refs. Saben has a good gripe. that d back was right in good position and looking at the ball.
>>

Uh he ran right into the receiver, and it doesn't matter that he was turning his head at the last instant. That was a good call.

Miami Super Bowl

Sir Otilc said:
This is really gonna hurt the Dolphins Super Bowl chances. :p

Yeah, Miami SUper Bowl. We could win 15 Super Bowls in a row and still be picked to lose. I hear on TV today someone was again picking Manning over Brady.

Fine... with your life on the line for one day and one game and you pick Manning, I'll at least respect that, but otherwise they are total fools and must not have played football. Because football is about championships and putting your team in position to win them and I feel Peyton causes his team to lose the big games.
Just ask Ty Law. LOL.

I like Peyton Manning but hope he never wins a Super Bowl. Being a nice person and being a winner are two different animals.
Show me the rings!

Back