Game Thread

#1Patsfan_chica on 12-10-2006 at 03:55 PM said:
Thank God Miami took a knee. Put us out of our misery.

Nice of Saban. What an awful game.

A Complete team loss today.

Very very alarming for this team to play this way in December.

The Playoffs are looking iffy and this team has another loss coming when they play the Jags.

Maybe they will not win the Division. The Jets have the easiest schedule now and should be favored.

Matt Light made Taylor look all World today.

RUnning game was not to bad but Brady absolutely is aweful against the Fins.

Congrats to the Fins and their second half season run.

Like I said at halftime ....WE used to be the team that made adjustments and got back on track in the 2nd half. We used to be able to count on it.

Now, we just look flat, stupid, and predictable.

This game sucked. It was horrible. Things to worry about are injuries, penalties, protecting the football and Brady, and our offense. I hope they work on those things.

Cheer up Pats fan. We have to try to win the games left on our schedule, even though loosing this game it's going to be tough getting the 2 top seeds.

Again....how big was that Daniel Graham fumble? Just like the Gabriel fumble against the Jets, the day went south after that point.

If we'd put up some points who knows what would've happened.

The upside is that there isn't a team out there we can't beat when we get our players back and stop the damn turnovers.

Nobody Likes to see their Team Loose........

But to Loose LIKE THAT:banghead:

Last Couple of Weeks, Pats Seem to be Getting WORSE:mad:

Hey in BB we Thrust (not J.D. though) & i know our injuries Severley Hurt Us but OMG that was Total $hit....

Last 3 Games LOADS of T/O's & Fumbles, im worried about this cos it doesnt Seem to be Getting Fixed:confused:

Maybe in an Ironic kind of way, This might be a Good Thing!! Last week same $hit play but we Won, This Week Shutout. EVERYONE In the Franchise Should NOW Know what Needs to be Done!!!!

IMO, Im a Worried Fan at the Moment:crying:

I'm sorry but to play like this in the middle of December is a concern, IMO. Right now, our Patriots do not look like a playoff team. I think that the D will be ok if we get our players back. Hopefully Wilfork is not to banged up.

But I am VERY concerned with our offense, especially our O-line. They looked extremely overmatched today. Matt Light was Jason Taylor's bitch all game long. They were ineffective today, and they have been inconsistent for a few games now. It clearly affected the passing game and the running game at times.

Josh has got to go. I have been saying it for months.

I keep finding myself rationalizing his play calling by telling myself that they are saving the good stuff for when it counts.

It counted today. A win today would have been huge given the rest of the games results around the league.

The play calling sucks. The OC has to go.

It's going to suck going to the next game, because the douchbag next to me always find fault with Everything the Pats do, especially after a loss. Sheet, I haven't heard one positive thing from him in all 5 seasons, and when they do something good, he credits himself ("I told you to do that).

Maybe he'll sell his tickets to the Houston game....

Yeah baby, sell your tickets to the houston game, bunky!

He won't be there, and it will be a heck of a game!

Go Pats!!!

aloyouis on 12-10-2006 at 04:33 PM said:
Josh has got to go. I have been saying it for months.

I keep finding myself rationalizing his play calling by telling myself that they are saving the good stuff for when it counts.

It counted today. A win today would have been huge given the rest of the games results around the league.

The play calling sucks. The OC has to go.
Chart it baby, trot out the breakdown that shows each play, what it was supposed to do, and why it failed and should never have been called. Heck, chart just one quarter and show me why he sucks. I keep reading folks' complaints about Josh's play calling, but when I watch tape I see players missing blocks, dropping passes, fumbling, and standing around all hangdog while Brady peels himself off the turf.

Get your eyes checked Box

Box_O_Rocks on 12-10-2006 at 04:42 PM said:
Chart it baby, trot out the breakdown that shows each play, what it was supposed to do, and why it failed and should never have been called. Heck, chart just one quarter and show me why he sucks. I keep reading folks' complaints about Josh's play calling, but when I watch tape I see players missing blocks, dropping passes, fumbling, and standing around all hangdog while Brady peels himself off the turf.

A blind man can see the predictable and plodding game plan rolled out today. They knew the pressure was coming and still did not adjust. Brady over center and a 7 step drop with double move patterns by the wideouts? CMON MAN.

Once more....who's with me ....

Shotgun with 5 wides!....quick slants and screens!!...no 7 step drop backs!!!!!!:banghead:

Re: Halftime Observations

Sir Otilc on 12-10-2006 at 02:28 PM said:
1) Roughing the passer call on Wilfork was pretty effing lame, Harrington tripped over him!

That could be the WORST roughing the passer call I have ever seen. I can't wait for that talking suit Head of Officials on the NFL Network dancing around and trying to explain that one...

Re: Get your eyes checked Box

Mr3putt on 12-10-2006 at 05:16 PM said:
A blind man can see the predictable and plodding game plan rolled out today. They knew the pressure was coming and still did not adjust. Brady over center and a 7 step drop with double move patterns by the wideouts? CMON MAN.

Once more....who's with me ....

Shotgun with 5 wides!....quick slants and screens!!...no 7 step drop backs!!!!!!:banghead:
You're quoting one of the blindest men I know, so it may be true. I've had people tell me Ty Warren was a wasted draft pick, but when I broke down the games last season he was the better player on the D-line - which didn'tstop some of the same people from stating it again this season. People claimed Tom Ashworth sucked, but on the plays they were screaming about his play, he blocked his assignment and other players missed theirs. It happens every game, people start screaming in the game threads about a player or play calling, but until you've gone back over the tape it's all just emotion and split-second analysis. The guys playing the game have to look at pictures on the side line to see what happened, and they were there. You tell me it's obvious, but I couldn't tell you what the play call was or what each player's assignment was on that play, and thanks to the camera work, I don't even know if they followed their assignment. Telling me a blind man can see it during the game is a cop out, now have some fun and do a breakdown, back up your argument, what do you have to lose?

Re: Re: Get your eyes checked Box

Box_O_Rocks on 12-10-2006 at 05:33 PM said:
You're quoting one of the blindest men I know, so it may be true. I've had people tell me Ty Warren was a wasted draft pick, but when I broke down the games last season he was the better player on the D-line - which didn'tstop some of the same people from stating it again this season. People claimed Tom Ashworth sucked, but on the plays they were screaming about his play, he blocked his assignment and other players missed theirs. It happens every game, people start screaming in the game threads about a player or play calling, but until you've gone back over the tape it's all just emotion and split-second analysis. The guys playing the game have to look at pictures on the side line to see what happened, and they were there. You tell me it's obvious, but I couldn't tell you what the play call was or what each player's assignment was on that play, and thanks to the camera work, I don't even know if they followed their assignment. Telling me a blind man can see it during the game is a cop out, now have some fun and do a breakdown, back up your argument, what do you have to lose?

Unfortunately I have not the time nor the tape to chart as you request. To illustrate my point I have two words for Josh and his offensive acumen.......Double reverse...ring a bell?

Any response to 7 step drops from center against a jail break blitz?

Did you not see those formations? I don't need no stinkin chart.

Josh sucks....case closed.

Re: Re: Re: Get your eyes checked Box

Mr3putt on 12-10-2006 at 05:56 PM said:
Unfortunately I have not the time nor the tape to chart as you request. To illustrate my point I have two words for Josh and his offensive acumen.......Double reverse...ring a bell?

Any response to 7 step drops from center against a jail break blitz?

Did you not see those formations? I don't need no stinkin chart.

Josh sucks....case closed.
Well then neighbor, I won't waste my time pointing out Brady reads the jail break blitz and audibles to a hot read - not Josh. I recall the triple reverse, and how it was buried by the Bears,but I also remember how Charlie who mentored Josh used to use throwaway plays to set up other opportunities. However, you don't need no stinkin' chart, which is genius I can't compete with - and a lack of the evidence needed to convince me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Get your eyes checked Box

Box_O_Rocks on 12-10-2006 at 06:10 PM said:
Well then neighbor, I won't waste my time pointing out Brady reads the jail break blitz and audibles to a hot read - not Josh. I recall the triple reverse, and how it was buried by the Bears,but I also remember how Charlie who mentored Josh used to use throwaway plays to set up other opportunities. However, you don't need no stinkin' chart, which is genius I can't compete with - and a lack of the evidence needed to convince me.

Hot reads?....Did you see any attempt at a hot read? Receiving corps incabaple of making adjustments on the fly. They can barely figure out what route to run on the play called in the huddle.

Josh calling garbage plays to set up a defense....you give him way too much credit. With their pathetic offense this team can't afford to throw away a play on trickery. Charlie had talent to work with...Josh has Bupkus. That does not excuse his miserable and predictable offensive game planning and his inability to adjust on game day.

You go chart the game Box...I will read the scoreboard....

Pats=0 points. nuff said.

Have a beer on me.

Back