Game Thread.........

I TOLD YE Guys...............

With My Lucky Jersey on (We have Never Lost when ive worn it on game day) There Never Was ANY Doubt:D

I would not have been upset or surprised if the Gerrard call had been overturned.

That was a very very close play and in all honesty I can see the arguements for both sides of that call.

The roughing the passer call against Seymour was also a clear call, helmet on helmet against the QB will draw the call every single time, assuming the refs see it.

Yes, there were at least two other plays where Brady was on the receiveing end of a helmet to helmet hit, and I have no idea why the spearing call wasn't made, so let's just say that the referering wasn't the best in that game.

But since they were a man short for much of it, that may have been a factor.

Let's just look at the good news, we're in the playoffs and depending on how things go, next week may or may not matter for seeding.

Starshatterer on 12-24-2006 at 04:32 PM said:
No worries. Good value is found in players picked in the second half of the first round. Players like Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork.

A pick around 20-25 would go nicely with a :patriots: #32.

:D
Well, Warren was a 13, but Graham and Watson are okay.

SD is sucking ass.

Vito Babe on 12-24-2006 at 04:27 PM said:
F*ck them. Brady getting speared was the most blatant penalty of the day and no call. Except for Joe Namath, the Jets history is putrid.

I guess the Jet fans forgot about that 40 to nothing ass whooping that the Jaguars put on them. They don't even need to talk. :rolleyes: We scored more points than they did when they played against them.

O_P_T on 12-24-2006 at 04:36 PM said:
I would not have been upset or surprised if the Gerrard call had been overturned.

That was a very very close play and in all honesty I can see the arguements for both sides of that call.

The roughing the passer call against Seymour was also a clear call, helmet on helmet against the QB will draw the call every single time, assuming the refs see it.

Yes, there were at least two other plays where Brady was on the receiveing end of a helmet to helmet hit, and I have no idea why the spearing call wasn't made, so let's just say that the referering wasn't the best in that game.

But since they were a man short for much of it, that may have been a factor.

Let's just look at the good news, we're in the playoffs and depending on how things go, next week may or may not matter for seeding.
Um, there was no helmet to helmet on Sey, it was roughing because he put his hands on him after the ball was released.

The Gr8est on 12-24-2006 at 04:36 PM said:
So do we still have a shot at a bye? Baltimore needs to lose, but would we win the tiebreaker?

Someone said in another thread that Balt has the tiebreaker over the Pats (Conference record), so no.

Denism on 12-24-2006 at 04:33 PM said:
I TOLD YE Guys...............

With My Lucky Jersey on (We have Never Lost when ive worn it on game day) There Never Was ANY Doubt:D

Keep on wearing it.:thumb:

#1Patsfan_chica on 12-24-2006 at 04:40 PM said:
Keep on wearing it.:thumb:

I also have quite the nice playoff beard going too. With out combined mojo, the patriots may never lose again.

southcarolina on 12-24-2006 at 03:39 PM said:
Someone said in another thread that Balt has the tiebreaker over the Pats (Conference record), so no.

3rd seed would certainly seem to be there for the taking, that would be nice to get, and Colts are bad enough to hand it to us.

southcarolina on 12-24-2006 at 04:45 PM said:
I also have quite the nice playoff beard going too. With out combined mojo, the patriots may never lose again.

Judging by your avatar, i'd say it's unavoidable.:thumb:

Box_O_Rocks on 12-24-2006 at 04:39 PM said:
Um, there was no helmet to helmet on Sey, it was roughing because he put his hands on him after the ball was released.

Watch the replay. His helmet hits Garrard's helmet.

O_P_T on 12-24-2006 at 04:55 PM said:
BUT that wasn't the call and I'm not sure you're even right, and I'm too lazy to look at the recording right now :)

Anyway, that BS penalty has been called all year so no surprise there, but yet TB got speared which actually could cause an injury and it's ignored. These rules are really starting to ruin the game for me personally. I'll always root for the Pats but I'm slowly starting to lose interest in the league itself.

O_P_T on 12-24-2006 at 04:55 PM said:
Okay, I've watched in in slow motion from two angles, while the helmets are close, there is no contact that I can see. TBC is tackling him at the waste and he is starting to fall back as Sey hits him in the chest with his forearm.

sir_drinkalot on 12-24-2006 at 04:50 PM said:
Judging by your avatar, i'd say it's unavoidable.:thumb:

Christ...do people really think thats me?

Its the Geico caveman. Dont you have those commercials up north?

my take on the hit-the-QB flag deal this year is:

1) QB in the backfield with no ball in hand, you touch him, you fart in his general direction = FLAG

2) QB with ball in hand, out of the pocket, beyond the line of scrimmage, "not in protective slide or in protective slide" = Dead QB, NO flag/ YES flag :shrug:

jaychamp on 12-24-2006 at 04:01 PM said:
BUT that wasn't the call and I'm not sure you're even right, and I'm too lazy to look at the recording right now :)

Anyway, that BS penalty has been called all year so no surprise there, but yet TB got speared which actually could cause an injury and it's ignored. These rules are really starting to ruin the game for me personally. I'll always root for the Pats but I'm slowly starting to lose interest in the league itself.

Don't let it get to you, as soon as the NFL changes the rules enough to get the Colts and Manning their Superbowl rings, they'll change the rules back to tackle football again.

southcarolina on 12-24-2006 at 05:09 PM said:
Christ...do people really think thats me?

Its the Geico caveman. Dont you have those commercials up north?

Yes we do have the Geico commercials.

Back