Give it up for the old girl.

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
At first, I thought you were expecting me to give it to her. She’s a little out of my league though. :coffee:

At first, I thought you were expecting me to give it to her. She’s a little out of my league though. :coffee:
wow, now that you mention it. . I rephrased it a touch. Don't know if it helps. But she's my hero d'jour.

Now we wait for the civil suit that is coming. And she will lose if there is one.

My mom is 84 and is rendered helpless if she accidentally hits the TV/Video button on her remote control. This woman is amazing.

My mom is 84 and is rendered helpless if she accidentally hits the TV/Video button on her remote control. This woman is amazing.

One of our family stories, now legend, was the time we chipped in to buy my late Ma a nice TV, which came with her first
remote control. This is a woman who worked as a riveter in WWII, effectively raised her handicapped brother, then she
gets stuck wrangling five animals after her husband died young...... but that remote, of all things, just scared the hell out of her.

She wasn't sure if it shot invisible cosmic rays and would always hold it at arms length with her eyes closed. Still,
the urge to watch Carol Burnett or Sally Field was so strong in her that she endured and took the risk. We gradually worked out that
Ma was highly concerned that if she didn't aim properly and missed the TV then the rays might burn a hole in
the wallpaper or vaporize a hummel. It was fucking hilarious.

Over the course of years she learned to relax (marginally) with it, but every time she reached for that thing anybody near her
would have to try really hard to stifle a laugh.

I'll give it up for her and for the magnum-toting 85 year old who blood-eagled a piece of shit predator.

My mom was a tough old lady. She always had a baseball bat by her bed. Not the ones they have now but the wooden bat that would give you splinters. My sister came home late and tried to come in without mom knowing, mom swung that bat to my sister's horror. The next time my sister tried to walk into the house late, mom did one better. The door was locked and she slipped the chain so even with a key she could not get in. Mom had her bad waiting. :rofl: 💕

(miss you mom)

One of our family stories, now legend, was the time we chipped in to buy my late Ma a nice TV, which came with her first
remote control. This is a woman who worked as a riveter in WWII, effectively raised her handicapped brother, then she
gets stuck wrangling five animals after her husband died young...... but that remote, of all things, just scared the hell out of her.

She wasn't sure if it shot invisible cosmic rays and would always hold it at arms length with her eyes closed. Still,
the urge to watch Carol Burnett or Sally Field was so strong in her that she endured and took the risk. We gradually worked out that
Ma was highly concerned that if she didn't aim properly and missed the TV then the rays might burn a hole in
the wallpaper or vaporize a hummel. It was fucking hilarious.

Over the course of years she learned to relax (marginally) with it, but every time she reached for that thing anybody near her
would have to try really hard to stifle a laugh.

I'll give it up for her and for the magnum-toting 85 year old who blood-eagled a piece of shit predator.
:rofl: I can see it from here!

Back