Great character actors.

Walter Brennan--when you steal scenes from Bogie and Bacall, you're doing something right.

7540c61a47bfe9974f421cf47ee69349.jpg

I'm going to add a guy that you might never have heard of but he's been in the following movies: Nick of Time, Independence Day, Ghosts of Mississippi, Air Force One, Thirteen Days, Iron Man, Eagle Eye, Ted (I and II), The November Man and a ton of TV shows including The Practice, The Event, Law and Order and 24. He was also the father in Life Goes On.

His name is Bill Smitrovich. He's always a cop or military guy.

He actually served in the Army with a good friend of mine.
Good pick. Very good actor. He was also "Inspector Cramer" in the short-lived (2000-2002) "Nero Wolfe Mysteries" Starring Tim Hutton and Maury Chaykin (the dumb grits guy in My cousin Vinny). He was always on the edge of exploding from trying to cope with Nero. good stuff.

Cheers

How about this guy?

Totally forgot he was the Archer in the old Batman series.

Brennan wasn't in Green Acres, but since two of us included him here, I guess he belongs :toast:

How about this guy?

Totally forgot he was the Archer in the old Batman series.

Art Carney? Of course mainly think of him as Ed Norton, though he did win a Best Actor Oscar for a leading role before he died for Harry & Tonto.

Art Carney? Of course mainly think of him as Ed Norton, though he did win a Best Actor Oscar for a leading role before he died for Harry & Tonto.

:huh: He died in 2003. Harry and Tonto was from 1974.

edit: technically he did win the Oscar before he died. Haha

:huh: He died in 2003. Harry and Tonto was from 1974.

edit: technically he did win the Oscar before he died. Haha

Yeah, don't know why I thought he died sooner. Most people win their Oscars before they die - except for Peter Fincher for Network & Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight.

Had a face I couldn't name for days.finally remembered.

Harvey Keitel.

Had a face I couldn't name for days.finally remembered.

Harvey Keitel.

I think he might cross the line into being a lead actor. He started his career with Scorsese with the lead role in Mean Streets and had some big leading roles in The Piano, The Bad Lieutenant, Copland. He's the one that got Reservoir Dogs made by giving the script to his studio connections after Tarantino got him to read it.

I think he might cross the line into being a lead actor. He started his career with Scorsese with the lead role in Mean Streets and had some big leading roles in The Piano, The Bad Lieutenant, Copland. He's the one that got Reservoir Dogs made by giving the script to his studio connections after Tarantino got him to read it.

Many listed here could...

I've been trying to remember this classic character actor's name since I started the thread. I finally googled gravelly voiced character actor and that quickly led me there.

Eugene Pallette. Perhaps the most recognizable voice in all of film (at least for us older buffs). An amazingly prolific resume has 260 movie credits from 2013 to 1946. Here he is in a TCM snapshot.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fp6bse_RNcM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Loved this guy.

Cheers, BostonTim

Al Leong

If you saw an action flick from the '80's through the '00's you probably saw him.

He was a stunt man as well as an actor, so that kept him busy.

Films you probably recall him from include:

• Genghis Khan in Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure.
  • The guy who tortured Mel Gibson with the cattle prod in the first Lethal Weapon.
  • The first Die Hard
  • Big Trouble in Little China

Back