Greatest Live Songs And Albums Of All-Time

Absolutely my favorite version along with Sorrow from the same album.

My ex took me to see them at the old Foxboro in '94 for my birthday. Mind blowing.
I was also at Foxboro in 94 and I agree that those are the best live versions of those 2 songs I've ever heard. I also posted the Delicate Sound of Thunder version of the Great Gig in the Sky because I feel that version is by far the best I've ever heard. Long live Floyd!

When I was in college, songs from these two live albums were played almost every day:
  • Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends, Ladies and Gentlemen ~ Emerson Lake and Palmer
  • Yessongs ~ Yes

2 of my absolutely favorite albums! I wore both out a couple of times

I did too, but in 87, for the initial Momentary Lapse of Reason tour without Roger.
dating myself somewhat... first Floyd show was 1975 Boston Garden, touring "Animals". My first exposure to the flying pig prop. The thing was huge flying around the garden, with glowing red eyes. A friend I was with was partaking of some mind altering substances, and he got a big klck out of the pig. Oh the memories.

Iron Maiden's Live After Death album was my "gateway album" into all things Metal.

The Phantom of the Opera version on it is my favourite one.

There's also a great intro to Rime of the Ancient Mariner: "and the moral of this story is what not to do if your bird shits on you". It's a brilliant line, because "bird" is British slang for "woman".
Oh yeah, now that brings back a lot of memories. I think I still have the VHS of this show somewhere, Rime is such a cool song and their performance of it was awesome.

Alice's Restaurant, by who was it, Arlo Guthrie? Yup. Good live song....

dating myself somewhat... first Floyd show was 1975 Boston Garden, touring "Animals". My first exposure to the flying pig prop. The thing was huge flying around the garden, with glowing red eyes. A friend I was with was partaking of some mind altering substances, and he got a big klck out of the pig. Oh the memories.
That's awesome! I saw them at Yankee Stadium on the Division Bell Tour! One of the best concerts ever

Seeing Keith Moon a couple of posts above made me think of Carmine Appice, and I thought that this clip might qualify for the thread.

Back