Hall of Fame Finalists

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Includes 2 ex-Pats. Both made their hay here then went on to other teams

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates <small class="time"> </small>
The 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame: Tony Gonzalez, Isaac Bruce, Edgerrin James, Ed Reed, Steve Atwater, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, John Lynch, Tony Boselli, Kevin Mawae, Alan Faneca, Steve Hutchinson, Richard Seymour, Don Coryell & Tom Flores.

Tony Gonzalez ... FROM the University of California.

Tom Flores was the head coach of two Super-Bowl-winning Raider teams.

John Madden was the head coach of one. And they only got to the Super Bowl that year because some idiot called roughing the passer on Sugar Bear Hamilton.

John Madden is in the Hall of Fame; Tom Flores is not.

Does that seem right to you?

Edit: I can't look at John Madden without seeing him holding and eating out of a plate of shrimp the size of Kilimanjaro. I guess that's what happens when you meet a celebrity for the first time at an all-you-can-eat event.

Gonzalez is a lock. Reed is also a lock as is Bailey.

I'd like to see Coryell in there.

Don't think Law or Seymour get in this year.

Ed Reed without a doubt. And Gonzalez.

Can't really make a case for any of the others getting in ahead of those two, although many of them will eventually.

John Madden is in the Hall of Fame; Tom Flores is not.

Which is nonsense. I think Flores was overshadowed by Al Davis which isn't fair but the way if things. If I had a vote or a voice voters listened to, I'd be banging the Tom Flores drum as loud as possible.

Guy should be in the Hall.

I'll fight anyone here not on board for Edge as a HOF'er

Law and Seymour should be locks.

Cornerstones of the first third run of the greatest dynasty in league history.

It’s not all BB and TB.

Compare the historic runs of other orgs and the sheer volume their roster represented in the Hall. Pats should get better representation.

Law and Seymour should be locks.

I wouldn't dispute that.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Shouldn’t even be a finalist.
:coffee:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's funny, is when I saw you posted in this thread I knew exactly what you responded to and what that response would be before opening the thread up.

If Bailey gets in then Law should get in. The guy was a shut down corner for nearly a decade. Also, he was one of cornerstones of the Pats great defense of the early part of the dynasty.

I think Seymour should get in but not first time though. And his resume is essentially the same as Law's

Hutch should be a lock as well. He was the best guard in the league for about a decade. Would have loved to have him in a Pats uni.

Law
Seymour
Hutch
Gonzalez
Reed
Bailey
Bruce

I wouldn't dispute that.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

What's funny, is when I saw you posted in this thread I knew exactly what you responded to and what that response would be before opening the thread up.

James was never a greatly feared RB. One could name 5-6 running backs any year James was in the league that were better than he was. He was durable and consistent , but greatly benefited from being in a pass heavy offense that made defenses play with only 6 in the box.

James was never a greatly feared RB. One could name 5-6 running backs any year James was in the league that were better than he was. He was durable and consistent , but greatly benefited from being in a pass heavy offense that made defenses play with only 6 in the box.

The only people ahead of him on the career rushing list are either still active or in the Hall of Fame.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm

I'll fight anyone here not on board for Edge as a HOF'er

The only people ahead of him on the career rushing list are either still active or in the Hall of Fame.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm

Doesn’t disprove my point . Longevity does not necessarily = greatness.
He belongs in the Hall or Quite Good, and Benefitted From Being in an Offense With Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Peyton Manning.

I don't know man, I got board and scrolled through the DVOA for RBS when he played and his career was not exactly remarkable

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb1999

Maybe the numbers don't really support Edge as an HOFer.

Based on that, and the number of times I've been on the couch with a beer yelling "someone tackle that guy," I am in the same place as a referee without clear and convincing video evidence.

Whatever call they make on the field, stands.

Here’s who I think should be in.

Tony Gonzalez, Isaac Bruce, Ed Reed, Steve Atwater, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, John Lynch, Tony Boselli, Kevin Mawae, Alan Faneca, Steve Hutchinson, Richard Seymour, Don Coryell & Tom Flores.
:coffee:

Hall of Fame and MVP voting has really gotten out of hand.

Taylor Hall was borderline top 10 last year and he got NHL MVP.

Edge is a joke that he keeps making the final 15.

He won nothing.
They won it all the year he left.

His career 4.0 ypc is literally replacement level.

He had a very good 7 year career in Indy on a great offense with a HoF QB, WR or WRs, a solid line, a great coordinator and a great coach.

He was high volume trash for his last 4 years.

Also, Champ Bailey is Ty Law without the playoff success.

He needs to wait until after Law gets in.

Back