Happy Fourth of July

I hope the weather isn't as bad as predicted; I want to enjoy the reggae in Wellfleet with some friends on the 4th.

Have a super holiday, everyone!

Happy 4th everyone ! Hope the weather cooperates for all.

Gina

I'm attempting to make sangria for the first time. I'm just gonna wing it since I know what a good sangria should taste like.

Have any of you made it and do you add Brandy?

Brandy is a fine girl, what a good wife she would be......

never made it

Hmmm do you know of any good brands of Brandy? Lol if I loved at home my dad has stock of Metaxa the good stuff. I don't think they have small bottles of it though

This is how one of the bars where I worked made theirs:

1 liter bottle of red (or white) Rioja (Chianti works well, too)
8oz E&J brandy
3oz triple sec (or Cointreau)
8oz white grape juice (can also use purple grape juice)
8oz OJ

Float sliced oranges and peaches in sangria, and chill for at least an hour.

8oz E&J brandy
8oz OJ

I should maake this, I need to expand from just beer.

Start with the above amounts of grape/OJ, and add more to taste. You don't want it weak, but you don't want it to knock you out, either ROFL

8oz E&J brandy
8oz OJ

I was thinking of filing a 3 gallon cooler thing with it and bring it to a party. I was gonna make it tomorrow night for sat. The longer it sits together the better no?

I was thinking of filing a 3 gallon cooler thing with it and bring it to a party. I was gonna make it tomorrow night for sat. The longer it sits together the better no?

Not really. The only thing that would change all that much is the fruit, which would simply absorb more alcohol the more it soaked.

now for something completely different, tomorrow will be my first day off in 6 weeks. Nightmare project at work.

I just finished setting up this year's "Gene Pool"

This is a previous year's edition.

pool1.jpg

I plan on doing some serious wallowing with a beverage, especially since the "Great Tonic Shortage of '14" has abated.

I'm attempting to make sangria for the first time. I'm just gonna wing it since I know what a good sangria should taste like.

Have any of you made it and do you add Brandy?

Good luck!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oAsJqRJuQ-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, :toast: BostonTim

Happy Treacherous Colonials Day everyone!!!!

I'm off to Hyde Park for the first of 3 days of metal. Today it's Motorhead, Faith No More, Soundgarden and Sabbath.
Posted via Mobile Device

Have a blast. Wish I was going with you.

I would like to thank our Founding Fathers. If it weren't for them, we would be eating fins and chips in a newspaper and getting excited about soccer.

It's happy soaked of July. Bristol still had the oldest parade in nation. I feel sorry for any watching or in that parade. They had to be competition soaked.

Back