Harrison Out for year

TheYellowDart

Reaction score
Harrison out for the year

Harrison out for the year with torn ACL. Maybe a career ending injury. Per Bob Lobel...:(

Lobel just reported...

Harrison out for year and possibly carreer with torn ACL.

Light has broken bone in his ankle and might return near the end of the year.

No link just heard it on the news.

Mods feel free to delete this when someone posts a link.

I'm gonna go and have myself a stiff drink.

Yes, WEEI just reported Lobel's scoop. Also Matt Light has a broken bone.

The Harrison injury could be career ending.

are they saying career because of the history of this injury or cause of his age?

is there a level of this injury that is career ending?

I knew I should have posted a new thread...

I posted this with a link in the Rodney speculation thread.

I was ahead of the curve on that one, but I've rarely been so upset to be right.

Reprinted

http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/lo..._269123235.html

Injury Ends Rodney Harrison's Season
Knee Injury Could End His Career

Bob Lobel
Reporting

(CBS4) BOSTON It looks like the Pats win yesterday in Pittsburgh was a costly one. CBS4 Boston Sports Director Bob Lobel says the news is not good on the Patriots injury front.

Sources tell him that safety Rodney Harrison suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. He's done for the year, and this could potentially be a career-ending injury.

Tackle Matt Light has a broken bone just below his right knee; he could possibly return late in the season.

Harrison's injury came in the first quarter of yesterday's 23-to-20 win over the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Light left the game later in the first half.

Undertaker #59 said:
I knew I should have posted a new thread...

I posted this with a link in the Rodney speculation thread.

Sorry UT.. I just saw the story you posted in the other thread.. I wouldn't have started this thread had I seen that..

What a blow to the secondary...Guss Scott and James Sanders will have to fill in a very big gap at SS. Maybe they will flip some series around using Eugene Wilson or Don Davis in that role.

I don't see it being career ending. Unless it is because of his age you can recover from this injury. I wouldn't get too worried YET! If he wants it bad enough he can work real hard at strengthening it up again and be back in the game. Although I am not a doctor!

Well that will open up another roster spot. I wonder whats out there. please dont say poteat.

There goes the 2nd D leader gone.

Who makes the calls on the field now.
It looked liked Vrabel was.

But we lost an irreplaceable "soul"
for now.....

TheYellowDart said:
Sorry UT.. I just saw the story you posted in the other thread.. I wouldn't have started this thread had I seen that..

Thats okay...I was 50/50 on it...it probably does deserve its own thread.

Brian Levesque said:
What a blow to the secondary...Guss Scott and James Sanders will have to fill in a very big gap at SS. Maybe they will flip some series around using Eugene Wilson or Don Davis in that role.

Fck that...wasn't Bobby Taylor just in here visiting? Let's make him a safety!!!!

Kellen Winslow may consider himself a soldier, but no one leaves it all out on the field more than Rodney:

harrison_800x600.jpg

Well Guss Scott, time to show us how good you really are. One thing people don't know is how good he is. This guy had a friggin motor at Florida. I have a really confident feeling about him.

Obviously, this is terrible news, no matter how you cut it! :(
I know that this TEAM is resilient, but RH is/was more than just a top-notch veteran safety. His intensity and hard-hitting 'tude were contagious to our younger players... Perhaps he'll still have a presence in meetings and on the side-line, I hope?...
Without a doubt, some guys are gonna hafta step up, big time around the locker room and on the field. Although I believe that Vrabel is making most of the calls on D, I believe that Rodney has always been the one communicating with and directing the guys in the secondary...
Regardless, this is some early season adversity that this TEAM must rally around and over-come... I am guardedly optimistic that some of those other guys will show us how well this coaching staff prepares ALL of its players and that we'll be bowled over by some of the young talent that we have on the roster... :)

Although I am bummed about Matt Light's injury, I am not as concerned with its impact. Before yesterday's game was even over, I think that Kaczur (sp?) was feeling more comfortable out there. A full week of reps at left tackle and he'll be gelling well with the rest of the all important O-line... Gotta protect Brady, by all means, IMO...

I think that I'm gonna take S.O.K.B.'s lead and go home and start drinking, though!...

p.s.--I'm REALLY glad that Don Davis was one of the LBs that made the roster. He did an admirable job, filling in at Free Safety last year. Can Eugene Wilson handle the switch to Strong Safety? I think so.

BB @ 5:45 p.m. on WEEI about Rodney Harrison: "I think our medical people are still evaluating the situation there.”

This is what CBS Sports line is reporting

The New England Patriots' star safety will miss the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury Sunday that his agent, Steve Feldman, characterized as "severe."

Results of an MRI taken Monday, Feldman said, revealed that Harrison suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament, medial collateral ligament and posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

"He's done," said Feldman, who spoke to his client Monday afternoon. "His season is over."

Harrison was hurt when Pittsburgh receiver Cedrick Wilson rolled into his left leg midway through the first quarter of Sunday's game with Pittsburgh. He is expected to undergo surgery, but not for another four to six weeks, Feldman said.

"They're going to hold off until the swelling goes down," he said.

Ironically, Harrison bows out before New England faces Harrison's former team, the San Diego Chargers this Sunday. It would have been his first game against the Chargers since the club released him following the 2002 season.

Link

Back