Has anyone seen this mock?

aaava

Reaction score
There's this guy, Robinson something or other on yahoo sports--and I swear, I have no clue how this guy got a job. He has to be the most boring writer I've ever read.

Anyway, I've had some good chuckles at his mocks in the past. And I saw that he now has a 'new and improved' mock draft here:

Mocking a mock draft

Do you guys see *any* way that if LenDale White is available over the rest of the guys at 21, that the Pats do *not* take him?

I mean, even if Corey bounces back--he's still 31 years old, and our #2 is coming off a serious injury and is aging also. We need to groom an HB, and I don't see us getting this kind of talent falling to us next year.

What do you think? I say if LenDale is available, no way do Belioli not take him. At lower mid 1st round value, for a 4 year contract, he'd be an incredible value. Heck, they could draft and trade the guy and get more if they wanted, right?

I see four LB's there that I would take over Lendale White but, I am a defense-oriented type of draft wish/lister.:D

Lendale White could be up to 270 pounds by draft day as he gained 25 pds between the end of the college season and the Rose Bowl!! I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats take Manny Lawson with their 1st pick. They have 5 picks in the first 105, so they should be able to get a good LB/DE, RB, DB, OL with those choices!!

Well, yer right if he's high maintenance--I hadn't heard that though.

As far as *any* LB goes--I just don't see it happening. I haven't ever seen an LB/DE come out of college and be able to play in this system--or an LB FA for that matter either--for 2-3 years. I don't see Belioli drafting a 1st rounder potential LB, and then waiting 3 of the 4 year contract years for the guy to assimilate himself. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Which of course means, it absolutely could. ;-) If Belioli draft a 1st round LB, I'll eat my, um, my breakfast.

I must say that I haven't gotten into that other thread thats just like this one. But I'll throw my hat into the ring here. First let me pat myself on the back by saying I was the only one around here who picked interior lineman in last years poll as to what position to the Pats would draft for. They of, cource took Logan Mankins.

This year I wouldn't doubt it if they took a wide receiver or another tight end first. Viturally all of their hands guys were brought up through the system NOT through any trades. except for Fauria who is now Kaupt. SO there is a reason to go get another TE. I also beleive this rechcadewell guy is nothing more than a third option.

Your right, AAA, Both RB and LB take years to develop, and even then there is no garentee of their preformence. SO I don't see them going in that direction. Neither Faulk or Pass went in the first round I beleive. Well Pass might have. He was the trade that sent Parcells to the Jets. SO I gotta belelive that they beleive there are some good RB's in the lower rounds.

OL is someplace where They could get instant dividends though. Still I'm sticking to the WR/TE connection.

I found an interview that White did with the Denver Post. Here is a little blurb:

AC: What's the latest sense of where you might go in the draft?

LW: I've been hearing all kinds of stuff. Chad said I might go at No. 4 to the Jets. There's been No. 5 to Green Bay, 10 to Carolina. There's been talk about the Pittsburgh Steelers and the New England Patriots. It just depends on who needs what at the right time and how I work out for them.

There are whispers in some quarters that White might not be a real team guy, and may have some weight/work ethic issues, even that he has showed a reluctance to work out after allegedly tweaking a hamstring at the combine.

Here is a blurb about yesterday's pro day workout at USC:

LOS ANGELES - Despite the presence of two Heisman Trophy winners on the field, it was running back LenDale White's absence that stirred the most conversation at USC's pro day Sunday.

As quarterback Matt Leinart and running back Reggie Bush went through a number of drills with 16 Trojans teammates, White was absent after only 15 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.

White's stock, which had risen since his performance in the Rose Bowl, started to drop when he bowed out of his workout by saying he pulled a hamstring at the NFL combine in Indianapolis — almost six weeks earlier.

He also weighed in at 244 pounds — 6 pounds heavier than he was at the combine.

What any of this means is open to speculation, but there is a real chance that he will drop based on many factors. He could actually be there at 21 and only God and Piolichick know how much the Pats like the guy.

It seems to me that every year there are rumors and real info that make it appear that the Patriots are interested in specific players. They never draft them. If the Patriots have shown public interest in White, you can be sure they won't draft him.

B A Rabbit said:
IYour right, AAA, Both RB and LB take years to develop, and even then there is no garentee of their preformence.
I think RB is a hit or miss position, very rarely does one develop into a great back, either you are on Day one or you are not.

A 1st round selected back typically is a sure thing to play right away because it is a instinct position. that is why a hold out back can score a 9 on the wonderlink and pick up the run offense, the go on instinct. the less they think the better

not saying you don't develop, but not as often as a show up and go back. look at all the wasted picks the pats have made on RB's and none have really developed into anything special, while Cory Dillon came out of the birthing room running

aaava said:
Do you guys see *any* way that if LenDale White is available over the rest of the guys at 21, that the Pats do *not* take him?

Does anybody see the Patriots, with 11 draft picks, doing some serious wheeling and dealing this year on April 29th? I do.

Regardless, to answer your question: I think if the Pats see real value at LB (or someone who can make the transition to LB) with their first pick, they're going to be all over it like white (not the kind from USC) on rice. I do see a distinct possibility of a RB being taken on Day One however.

If I was to predict the first 4 choices (in no exact order) of the Pats by position IF they saw the value they wanted, it'd be:

LB
WR
CB
RB

Of course, this all changes should they bring in more FAs before the draft (and I'm pretty sure they will).

Benign Despot said:
WA,

What, No TE?

I tend to agree, but they will also take at least one OL.

They'll take a TE with a later pick....it's in the CBA now I believe. ;)

I also agree with you that they WILL take an O-lineman (a center perhaps), a kicker, and another LB somewhere.

Hawg73 said:

He also weighed in at 244 pounds — 6 pounds heavier than he was at the combine.

Mike & Mike in the morning were talking about White this morning. He wanted to come into the workout at 230 - 8 pounds under the combine. There was also a punter (I kid you not) that only did one less rep. then White did on the bench press.

This kid could drop down even further.

RhodyPatsFan said:
Mike & Mike in the morning were talking about White this morning. He wanted to come into the workout at 230 - 8 pounds under the combine. There was also a punter (I kid you not) that only did one less rep. then White did on the bench press.

This kid could drop down even further.

If he indeed has a hamstring injury, that might help explain his poor showing on the bench press. :shrug:

The more I think about it, the more I think that one day soon we will be reading Ron Borges whining about how the dastardly Patriots convinced White to put on a few pounds so that he could drop to them at 21.

Yeah, that's it. They also convinced him to dog it on the benchpress and will pay him under the table to pretend to be weak to scare the other teams off.

I've heard a few rumors here and there that White might not be the greatest of guys, but I know what I saw and I want him here in the worst way.

If LenDale lasts until our pick I am going to be shitting myself waiting for Tags to come to the podium.

Dateline 2/15/2012

The Boston Globe
Ron Borges

Once again the New England Patriots and their "coach" and "General Manger" Bill Belichick have proven to the world that they REALLY don't know what they are doing. I mean sure they have won 7 World Championships in the last 11 years but they are a bunch of heartless monsters and in the end I know that the "Patriot Way" will never work over the long term.

Several Free Agents have told me that they would NEVER play for the Patriots because they are cheap bastards who don't pay their players. I know they have spent up the the same salary cap as all the other teams but they are still cheap because they let guys go even when they are popular and will still let me interview them.

So all you "friends of Bill" who keep talking about all the Super Bowl Trophies can go to hell. I know what's really going on, I'm Ron Borges goddamit, LISTEN TO ME!

Belichek is an idiot, can't you see it. He cheats or something, cause I'm way smarter than he is, and he always does things that I think are Stoopid and he keeps winning the god damn championship. I'M RON BORGES GODAMMIT, HE SUX, I HATE HIM....AHHHHHHHHHHHH

[editors note: Ron was unable to finish this column. He is presently resting comfortably in a private hospital]

[editors note: Ron was unable to finish this column. He is presently resting comfortably in a private hospital]

Well, that's where he *should* be. Unfortunately, wishful thinking--though you know that *every* article he writes, what you wrote, BD, is *exactly* what that tool is thinking as he wields his peni, er, pencil. :p

mikiemo83 said:
I think RB is a hit or miss position, very rarely does one develop into a great back, either you are on Day one or you are not.

A 1st round selected back typically is a sure thing to play right away because it is a instinct position.

That was my initial thought also, But one guy who I have been following is Whats his name, THe guy on the Rams...Stephen Jackson. that it!

Guy got drafted and The rams really thought he was going to do something right away. But he didn't. Last year though he was a much bigger preformer than his rookie year. This year, his third, I look fo him to be a 1000 yard rusher. Provided of course the rest of the rams get it togeher.

JJ Arrington is another one. Expected big things from him for the Cardnials. But nothing materialized last year. Dosne't mean he going to take a back seat this year though. Now the cards have that guy....whats his name.... James Edgeerin or something..?

Back